Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Illegal alien calls 911, gets arrested instead by Tukwila PD 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
os2firefox wrote:
PMB wrote:
You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

This statement is false

I am accustomed to being told that I am wrong. :bigsmile:

os2firefox wrote:
based on the modern analysis of the intersections between the abuse of minorites by the toxic patriarchy and the value of interspecial relationships and marriage.

Have you checked what the sow identifies as before taking it's ear?
Why are you mutilating the sow? It has a family!...
Who needs a silk purse and does owning one show your power to oppress sows of color?

Without knowing the answer to these questions, we can't just make a blanket generalization about all sows that a silk purse cannot be made from their ear... What are you, racist?!

Valuable points, thank you.
I retract my obviously biased use of the old axiom, and vehemently repudiate all other such usages though history.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

This is 2018, there is no room for logic. Using it would only display your dated and bigoted ways to the rest of us.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I see what you are saying... This is more of a logic or math approach to the reasoning.
It makes sense.

I tend towards a right or wrong approach.
After I get past the right/wrong (if there is such an angle, which is not guaranteed) I look to the enforcement angle.
Who decides which good deeds cancel (or delay enforcement of) which illegal acts?
Is it ripe for corruption? What a nightmare to have some bureaucrat making up that list.

Either way, on this topic we arrived at the same position- strict enforcement.

True. Although it is only a part of my reason for being on the more strict side.

The rest, you have pretty much covered. The illegal is committing a crime. Full stop. Period. End of story. Drop the mic.

Then if you want to argue merits, I believe we have covered them. Who gets to decide what good deed overrides what bad deed? And after that, there is purely the numbers. Which I believe would show that the possibility of bad deeds outnumber the good ones by magnitudes, (At least as applied to experiences by any one of us, individually.) anyway.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am

glockgirl wrote:
So you're happy that another human being, is being made to suffer the consequences of what, being brown in America? Where's the screaming about the 10-15,000 undocumented Irish illegal aliens who are as equally guilty of the "crime" with which this man is being charged?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40332646

BBC News wrote:
Cunningham recalled local police and immigration officials not questioning his status during stops. He felt that he was given a pass because of his Irish accent. He wondered if the officers would have treated him differently if he were black or brown.

The law is not being applied fairly (or in the case of the Tukwila PD, is being applied specifically to certain races). Period, full stop. I am guessing that you guys would not be cheering the arrest and deportation of a white illegal alien who, although illegal, had not otherwise committed any legal offences.

Ahh yes. The comical reasoning of a 12 year old. This is exactly how we get Obama's and Hillary's in positions of power. Scary shit.

All illegals must go....Pretty simple right?....And it is the law, we are a nation of laws.....right?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:14 am

waglocker wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
So you're happy that another human being, is being made to suffer the consequences of what, being brown in America? Where's the screaming about the 10-15,000 undocumented Irish illegal aliens who are as equally guilty of the "crime" with which this man is being charged?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40332646

BBC News wrote:
Cunningham recalled local police and immigration officials not questioning his status during stops. He felt that he was given a pass because of his Irish accent. He wondered if the officers would have treated him differently if he were black or brown.

The law is not being applied fairly (or in the case of the Tukwila PD, is being applied specifically to certain races). Period, full stop. I am guessing that you guys would not be cheering the arrest and deportation of a white illegal alien who, although illegal, had not otherwise committed any legal offences.

Ahh yes. The comical reasoning of a 12 year old. This is exactly how we get Obama's and Hillary's in positions of power. Scary shit.

All illegals must go....Pretty simple right?....And it is the law, we are a nation of laws.....right?

That's what happens when people think with feels vs reality and facts. What's funny is when they say well they do the work that Americans won't do!!!! No dumbass it's not that we won't do it, it's that farmers realized that these people would do the same work for less money and they forced Americans out of the industry. Might as well just shoot them in the head with a shotgun, it's the same affect

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This case has nothing to do with immigration. SOP is to run people through NCIC III check when contact is made to check for outstanding warrants. He had a warrant, and got arrested. Nothing to see here, move along.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
os2firefox wrote:
PMB wrote:

This statement is false

I am accustomed to being told that I am wrong. :bigsmile: he's married :ROFLMAO:

os2firefox wrote:
based on the modern analysis of the intersections between the abuse of minorites by the toxic patriarchy and the value of interspecial relationships and marriage.

Have you checked what the sow identifies as before taking it's ear?
Why are you mutilating the sow? It has a family!...
Who needs a silk purse and does owning one show your power to oppress sows of color?

Without knowing the answer to these questions, we can't just make a blanket generalization about all sows that a silk purse cannot be made from their ear... What are you, racist?!

Valuable points, thank you.
I retract my obviously biased use of the old axiom, and vehemently repudiate all other such usages though history.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely insane. A federal judge is pretending that federal criminal law does not exist and let this illegal off the hook. Hopefully the admin appeals and gets a sane judge.
https://komonews.com/news/local/judge-t ... -immigrant

For those who wonder, here is the CRIMINAL offense federal statute.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
Quote:
(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

And from some lawyers:
https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us ... gally.html
Quote:
Whether it’s by crossing the U.S. border with a "coyote" or buying a fake U.S. passport, a foreign national who enters the U.S. illegally can be both convicted of a crime and held responsible for a civil violation under the U.S. immigration laws. Illegal entry also carries consequences for anyone who might later attempt to apply for a green card or other immigration benefit.

The penalties and consequences get progressively more severe if a person enters illegally more than once, or enters illegally after an order of removal (deportation) or after having been convicted of an aggravated felony.

What Is Illegal Entry to the U.S.?
The immigration law actually uses the term "improper entry," which has a broad meaning. It’s more than just slipping across the U.S. border at an unguarded point. Improper entry can include:

entering or attempting to enter the United States at any time or place other than one designated by U.S. immigration officers (in other words, away from a border inspection point or other port of entry)
eluding examination or inspection by U.S. immigration officers (people have tried everything from digging tunnels to hiding in the trunk of a friend’s car)
attempting to enter or obtain entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or willful concealment of a material fact (which might include, for example, lying on a visa application or buying a false green card or other entry document).

So Scalia was right, "words no longer have meaning" in the courts. Hope this judge gets expelled from the federal bench.

EDIT: Looks like the judge was appointed by "Open Borders Bush Jr." More corporatist perversion of our justice system.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
I am a firm believer in the idea that when you call 911, there are some things that you shouldn't have to worry about AT THAT TIME.

This would be one of them. Now someone gets run over, and then someone with questionable residency is not going to call 911 due to being worried about getting deported? Or if someone ODs and they dont want to call the cops because of drug laws.

I am all for fixing our immigration policys, but I think 911 should be sacrosanct in some regards. It is an emergency.

if you can't do the time DONT DO THE FUCKING CRIME

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome thread. Made my night.
I say... that if a person is in this country illegally (red or yellow, black or white) and is not currently/actively seeking asylum, then ship them the fuck out. Obviously the cop wasn't busy enough with the 911 emergency and he needed other things to do, or maybe the guy got mouthy and received his swift paybacks from officer friendly.

Divided we fall.

Fri May 10, 2019 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
PMB wrote:
There are more actions than just TWs that seem to be tilting at windmills.
TW has heard advice regarding his personality and mode of confrontation(s) for years.
Can anyone point out when that advice was accepted and changes made? I can't.

This thread is about whether or not the call to 911 should exempt or partially exempt someone's other illegal activities.

Personally for me it goes past that.

Say TW does get into an armed altercation (god forbid) and someone is killed. You know what is going to get the most negative type attention?

Waguns.org

If I need to get into an altercation (say to protect me or mine) the last thing I could give a shit about is Waguns or any other web site

Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doubt it......

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat May 11, 2019 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love a happy ending

Sat May 11, 2019 6:02 pm

As much as I dislike the broken immigration system, I don't want any of the illegal immigrants already living here to be afraid to report crimes...

Sun May 12, 2019 5:46 am

I am all for enforcing our borders and against illegal immigrants to a point. If we were entirely serious about immigration, it would be impossible for an illegally to get a legitimate tax paying job. Don’t deport them, if they can’t make money here they will leave. That is the problem, and all arresting an illegal for calling 911 on a legitimate emergency makes it dangerous for everyone. Let’s say a good red blooded American is walking down the street starts to have a heart attack, collapses on the street and the only other person to see it is an illegal? Right now if he were to do the right thing and call for help he would be arrested and deported, so the most likely thing he is going to do is keep walking. Same goes for every other crime mr illegal he is likely to witness and this is why the left touts the lie that sanctuary cities are safer for not enforcing immigration laws. No wall is going to stop people from coming here, only money. We actually punish people for hiring illegals and the money dries up they will stop coming and if those here can’t find work they will leave and we won’t have to spend so much on ICE.

Sun May 12, 2019 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
I am all for enforcing our borders and against illegal immigrants to a point. If we were entirely serious about immigration, it would be impossible for an illegally to get a legitimate tax paying job. Don’t deport them, if they can’t make money here they will leave. That is the problem, and all arresting an illegal for calling 911 on a legitimate emergency makes it dangerous for everyone. Let’s say a good red blooded American is walking down the street starts to have a heart attack, collapses on the street and the only other person to see it is an illegal? Right now if he were to do the right thing and call for help he would be arrested and deported, so the most likely thing he is going to do is keep walking. Same goes for every other crime mr illegal he is likely to witness and this is why the left touts the lie that sanctuary cities are safer for not enforcing immigration laws. No wall is going to stop people from coming here, only money. We actually punish people for hiring illegals and the money dries up they will stop coming and if those here can’t find work they will leave and we won’t have to spend so much on ICE.

Buh-buh-buh muh Tyson Chikuns and muh veggibulls will cost too much!

You have a very cogent point, and the most difficult to tackle because the folks who make the most exploiting the cheap labor are the ones who have:
-the most to lose from a coherent immigration policy
-from enforcement of the principle you espouse
-the most sway politically to dissuade formulation of such a policy.

add to that the majority of folks who protest vehemently against said illegal immigration but won't do (pay) what it takes to realize that change.

I agree. But it is a huge hurdle.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun May 12, 2019 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next