Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WSU QB dead. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stop the shit talking. Discuss if you wish.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 am

Damn, that's sad. I wonder what it was that put him over the edge....girlfriend, family issues? We may never know.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
Damn, that's sad. I wonder what it was that put him over the edge....girlfriend, family issues? We may never know.

It might be in the note he left.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 am

Maybe. Im not going to read the story tho. I personally have known 2 people that have committed suicide, so it kinda hits me a little rough.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

waglocker wrote:

My kid is late 18 almost 19.....I see the fragile side of these people daily.

My Kid was depressed yesterday. I wont shit you its scary. Hes at the stage where he's hanging on to Highschool friends and trying to make college friends. I cant remember it being that tough but I went to college out of state.

I don't know what to attribute it to. Peer pressure?

But shit we had that pressure when we were that age but only from one outlet at a time.

Now a days its not only parents and coaches its that frikken Social Media shit.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
But shit we had that pressure when we were that age but only from one outlet at a time.

I can only imagine the amount of pressure on a college quarterback in this day and age.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just like the New Orleans rookie safety who whiffed on the tackle Sunday Night. He had to delete his social media accounts due to the tidal wave of shit talking, death threats and trolling.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
Coward

Ops, I gotta say that's a really cold thing to say and you really need to have better perspective.

You almost assuredly don't have a clue what this young man was going through. I've known several people who I respected and admired who committed suicide. And others who nearly committed suicide.

Life deals people really hard news some times and some folks cannot deal with it for various reasons which we generally never resolved. That doesn't make them cowards. It is simply a tragedy.

I'll leave you with pictures of two people I knew very well that committed suicide. The first is a former Army Ranger who was part of the operation that rescued the 2003 mis/cap Soldiers in Iraq (most notably PFC Lynch and repatriation of 8 GI bodies). Hooper later became a JAG officer, and I served with CPT Hooper when we were JAGs at the 101st. We deployed to Iraq together. Later our paths crossed again when we both served in SF Group as JAG officers, concurrent and overlapping rotations to Iraq then too. He was as solid of a man as you would want watching your six. I hold Hooper in great esteem. Committed suicide after serious domestic relations failures, monstrously evil ex-wife. This man was a US Army Ranger, paratrooper, and combat veteran. I'd challenge you to call him a coward.

The next picture is an old friend named Trisha. We lived together for about 6 months in our mid-20s. She was in the Army at the time. One memory of her is when I bought my first AR15 in 2001. I didn't know how to even dis-assemble it! We sat on my living room floor and she walked me through the entire process to tear down, clean, reassemble, function check. Damn that was hot. She was an awesome human and loved by many. She was a very successful business woman as well. I learned that she committed suicide a year ago. Nobody has any explanation to my knowledge. I wouldn't say she had a cowardly bone in her body.

Suicide is such a dreadful thing, but it's not necessarily a coward's way. In fact in many cultures it's the opposite.

When you say heartless and ignorant things, you seem callous and ignorant.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad to think he didn't have someone that could have talked him thru difficult times. Always be available to people you know,you may save a life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am

Ops wrote:
Coward

I used say th3 same thing as you...I said it because I was going through my own shit and it was tough. I said it as a way to help myself. I knew I really wouldn t follow through with it but I didn't care if that day was my last. It's hard as fuck to look at your kids and constantly think to yourself that you don't deserve these awesome kids, and that they deserve a better more successful dad. Try being so empty that you tell your wife that you want her to leave you because you constantly feel like you are holding her down, that your unhappiness is making her unhappy and changing her, that I failed her because she cant be a stay at home mom. Being stuck at a job that is lame as hell but you make way more money than you should and can't find another job that pays the same because it requires a degree and years of experience. To have medical bills that keep coming and coming, and just you almost get them all paid off something else comes up and more bills come.

It fucking sucks living stuck and like you are worthless, not being able to sleep because when you lay down your mind just doesnt settle down. I delt with it for awhile by myself, I just sucked it up, I finally said fuck it I can't do it alone so I went in to the Dr for some pills and all those thoughts went away. Now my home life is much better, it's not where I want it but I have hope.

You don't know what someone else has on their plate so I suggest not talking shit about someone like that

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Always a difficult topic as illustrated by several comments written above and thank you for sharing. Extremely tragic and it unquestionably leaves behind a large wake of destruction, damage and pain.

I have had a fair degree of exposure to suicides in my family, friends and while in the military, especially as a commander. While I don't quite understand it all, tragedies of this sort reinforce how precious life is and that nothing can ever be taken for granted.

At times, I just usually want to gather my adult kids, parents and friends to hug and protect them all. Since we are spread out all over the country, I will CALL, not text, in efforts to engage in meaningful dialogue to assess their physical and mental status and trends.

You might be surprised at what a well timed, unexpected call or random visit might reveal.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
waglocker wrote:

My Kid was depressed yesterday. I wont shit you its scary. Hes at the stage where he's hanging on to Highschool friends and trying to make college friends. I cant remember it being that tough but I went to college out of state.

This post is so very truthful and accurate.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe he had a concussion?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
waglocker wrote:

I agree that the technology of these days have really devided us as a nation with second to second blow by blow on every little piece of bullshit that some asshole posts on fb!!!
EMP, take me away.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Ops wrote:
Coward

I used say th3 same thing as you...I said it because I was going through my own shit and it was tough. I said it as a way to help myself. I knew I really wouldn t follow through with it but I didn't care if that day was my last. It's hard as fuck to look at your kids and constantly think to yourself that you don't deserve these awesome kids, and that they deserve a better more successful dad. Try being so empty that you tell your wife that you want her to leave you because you constantly feel like you are holding her down, that your unhappiness is making her unhappy and changing her, that I failed her because she cant be a stay at home mom. Being stuck at a job that is lame as hell but you make way more money than you should and can't find another job that pays the same because it requires a degree and years of experience. To have medical bills that keep coming and coming, and just you almost get them all paid off something else comes up and more bills come.

It fucking sucks living stuck and like you are worthless, not being able to sleep because when you lay down your mind just doesnt settle down. I delt with it for awhile by myself, I just sucked it up, I finally said fuck it I can't do it alone so I went in to the Dr for some pills and all those thoughts went away. Now my home life is much better, it's not where I want it but I have hope.

You don't know what someone else has on their plate so I suggest not talking shit about someone like that

That couldn't have been easy to share.

That's what I have tried to explain to people; that people with suicidal ideology aren't pussies, cowards, or selfish.

Many have battled their inner demons heroically for years, or decades, and finally just can't anymore. Bthey look around and see people happy, and they live in this fog where they can't feel happy anymore, and that makes them even more depressed.

Then they start thinking that everyone will be better off if they're out of the way; everyone will be happier if they don't have to deal with their depression.

They miss that everyone has shortcomings, and that the people loving you chose to do so. They can't fathom that the pain of them being gone is 1000 times more than the inconvenience that comes with mood swings.

The constant battle creates unreal expectations in their own mind of what 'normal' is, and they raise the bar beyond reach.

This leads to mental isolation, and that lack of connection is where they miss that everyone has failures, shortcomings, and self-doubt, often masked by false bravado.

Sharing this, and seeking help, is what courage is all about, MRC. You are the man!

In my mind, you are no longer Mediumrarechicken.....

You are now Well Done Chicken ! :thumbsup2:

If you're ever down, or wanna get a beverage, PM me :cheers2:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next