Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Is it ever OK for LE to 'ambush' suspects to kill them? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You all already know that my opinion is that LEOs should not be held to the same standard as the rest of us. They should be held to a HIGHER standard.

Give a man a gun, and the license to kill, and if you don't hold him to a higher standard, he will kill for whatever reason he sees fit.

That said...

Once you have shot at the cops, you better believe your life is forfeit.

I see nothing wrong with the actions of the LEOs in the OP.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
heymagic wrote:
If you choose to break the law and be a threat to LE or civies then off with your head. We're not talking about mistakingly shooting an unarmed guy on a porch , these examples are LE taking fire from bad guys.
Errant rounds.... while unfortunate we all wake up in the morning on our way to the end of our journey. Could be a slip on the stairs, a plane hitting a building, a drunk crossing the center line or an errant round from LE or a bad guy. Crap happens.

So you are ok with dying because a cop decided it would be ok to shoot an mp5 at someone on a freeway all the while there are cars in his back drop? Would it be ok if your child died in the same situation?

No, I don't want LEO to put himself or civilians or other LEO in needless or reckless harm's way. It's a tough balancing act. Stop this maniac or wait until he kills someone.... not always easy I'm sure.

I've watched the video and I didn't see the LEO putting anyone at risk. The range of the shooting was close range. MP5 is very controllable in full auto and I'd feel comfortable saying all rounds would be on target. I've shot them before in full auto. They are simple to keep on a target. The range of an MP5 fired in the direction/angle would probably dissipate the ballistics before it reached the opposite lane of traffic. I would assume that the trailing LEO cars stopped and blocked traffic to provide a clean backdrop. I would further assume that the LEO has reasonable training and decision making to not put civilians at risk.

Let me throw this scenario back -
Cops decline to shoot and the truck drives through that off ramp and kills a family of 4. You okay with that?
if I'm not mistaken, 2 cars were hit by the Utah cop. Also 9mm doesn't just drop to earth after 75 yards

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3