Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New gun bills introduced - hearing Monday, Jan 15 2018 

So how many dumbacrats vs republicans are there in only? Shit like this, the soda tax, light rail and the gas tax are really making me want to move to Texas badly.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Email to my Senator and both Reps.

All are Dems.

I used jukkOU's template (thanks, Jim) and mentioned a sentence about the increasing gun crime in Australia against citizens after their government restricted guns.

Will my email do much? Of course not. But combined with other gun owners, this could help.

Look at the 594 fiasco, and how many gun owners sat home and whined instead of voted.

Please learn from past mistakes, and get involved with an email and a phone call. You can sit in front of your computer in your underwear eating Cheetos and drinking beer.

Go ahead, try it (the email part, I really don't care why you don't have your pants on or what you eat).

Do it for the children! Because if we lose our gun rights, your children will be the one who suffer more than you or me.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Has this information been posted to other gun forums, such as ar15, xdtalk, glocktalk, etc? Perhaps we need to get folks nation wide to be calling/writing too.

Yes it has

The usual responses are "so move" or "the NRA only fights on the national level"

And it is crap like those responses that don't help gun owners nation wide. It starts out in one state, and moves state to state. So all those who think moving to another state will solve this, it won't. Maybe not in your lifetime, as you live our your retired days, but eventually some day it will. I used to live in Montana, and it is slowly turning blue. You look at the larger towns, Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, and Butte, and they are going the way of our larger cities. More and more people are getting away from farming and looking for better paying jobs. The running joke when I was there is Montana's largest export is people. Large plots of land are being bought up by out of staters, specifically California. With that comes their votes for democrats.

You also see people who say, 'Well I only use non semi-auto guns, so why would it matter to me if they limit magazine capacity." More often you are getting folks that don't care if laws are passed that infringe on rights as long as they aren't affecting them. It is a slippery slope. I keep saying that if our citizenship gives up their guns, it will only open the door for our foreign enemies to invade and attack.

One thing that bugs me about the mag bill, aside from it in general, is how they will make people turn their mags in, but will they be compensated for them? Will the state replace them with 10 round mags? If you cashed in a 30 round mag, will they give you three 10 round mags?

This whole thing smells of shit, and to make gun owners the bad guys and the ones at fault is total crap.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
mancat wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Has this information been posted to other gun forums, such as ar15, xdtalk, glocktalk, etc? Perhaps we need to get folks nation wide to be calling/writing too.

Yes it has

The usual responses are "so move" or "the NRA only fights on the national level"

And it is crap like those responses that don't help gun owners nation wide. It starts out in one state, and moves state to state. So all those who think moving to another state will solve this, it won't. Maybe not in your lifetime, as you live our your retired days, but eventually some day it will. I used to live in Montana, and it is slowly turning blue. You look at the larger towns, Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, and Butte, and they are going the way of our larger cities. More and more people are getting away from farming and looking for better paying jobs. The running joke when I was there is Montana's largest export is people. Large plots of land are being bought up by out of staters, specifically California. With that comes their votes for democrats.

You also see people who say, 'Well I only use non semi-auto guns, so why would it matter to me if they limit magazine capacity." More often you are getting folks that don't care if laws are passed that infringe on rights as long as they aren't affecting them. It is a slippery slope. I keep saying that if our citizenship gives up their guns, it will only open the door for our foreign enemies to invade and attack.

One thing that bugs me about the mag bill, aside from it in general, is how they will make people turn their mags in, but will they be compensated for them? Will the state replace them with 10 round mags? If you cashed in a 30 round mag, will they give you three 10 round mags?

This whole thing smells of shit, and to make gun owners the bad guys and the ones at fault is total crap.

But there in, lies the rub. None of them will make real reforms to make bad guys pay, they just give lip service to those who are scared of their own shadows. And it works. And as for the compensation for what is basically a seizure, they should pay market price before stupidity set in.

Stupid me, I thought all the "criminals" would turn in their stuff since it is now illegal. I am starting to believe that our elected officials are now into the "reckless endangerment" area of legislation. IMHO

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every year, it seems like there’s a new bill on the table,” said McIntyre, an Olympia resident who carried a LaRue tactical rifle on his back. He believes he’d have to register and get a license for it if Senate Bill 5444 passed.

After more than an hour on the steps in worsening rain, Ben Garrison, Jake Garza and Ian Stobe walked inside the Legislative Building to look around. All three were carrying semi-automatic weapons that they said would be covered by Senate Bill 5444. They said they won’t be able to make it to Monday’s hearings because of school or work, but would follow the votes on the bills.

“This is a constant issue,” said Garrison, who was carrying a Kel Tec RDB rifle and a Glock handgun.

“Everything and anything that can go onto (a gun), they go after,” said Stobe, who had a C39v2 rifle.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/j ... trol-b/#/0

Interesting story from the Spokane Spokesman Review, note the highlight below:

.... On Monday, gun-rights advocates will have to share the Capitol spotlight with the opposing side, as the Alliance for Gun Responsibility is planning to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day, attend the hearing and meet with Gov. Jay Inslee, who supports many of the proposals.

A few lawmakers supportive of gun rights stopped by the rally, with Sen. Phil Fortunato, R-Auburn, denouncing a new rule that keeps concealed weapons out of the Senate gallery and urging demonstrators to fight gun control legislation “with our dying breath.”

But one who addressed the crowd may hold the key to whether any gun control legislation can pass this year. Rep. Brian Blake, D-Aberdeen, said he was a longtime member of the National Rifle Association, and said he would not vote for any bill that limits semi-automatic weapons, what some call “assault rifles” but what he called “sport-utility rifles.”

Democrats have just 50 seats in the House, the bare minimum to pass any legislation. If Republicans are unanimous in opposing any gun legislation and Blake joins them, the bill can’t pass.

Hope? Who knows, but EMAIL YOUR SENATOR AND REPS if you haven't already done so.

WE ONLY NEED FOR THE R's TO STAND TOGETHER IF Rep Blake is truthful in his comment.

Now is the time to hit the PRESSURE, before the battle lines are hardened.

For the children.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm

bigzdawg wrote:
Every year, it seems like there’s a new bill on the table,” said McIntyre, an Olympia resident who carried a LaRue tactical rifle on his back. He believes he’d have to register and get a license for it if Senate Bill 5444 passed.

After more than an hour on the steps in worsening rain, Ben Garrison, Jake Garza and Ian Stobe walked inside the Legislative Building to look around. All three were carrying semi-automatic weapons that they said would be covered by Senate Bill 5444. They said they won’t be able to make it to Monday’s hearings because of school or work, but would follow the votes on the bills.

“This is a constant issue,” said Garrison, who was carrying a Kel Tec RDB rifle and a Glock handgun.

“Everything and anything that can go onto (a gun), they go after,” said Stobe, who had a C39v2 rifle.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/j ... trol-b/#/0

Interesting story from the Spokane Spokesman Review, note the highlight below:

.... On Monday, gun-rights advocates will have to share the Capitol spotlight with the opposing side, as the Alliance for Gun Responsibility is planning to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day, attend the hearing and meet with Gov. Jay Inslee, who supports many of the proposals.

A few lawmakers supportive of gun rights stopped by the rally, with Sen. Phil Fortunato, R-Auburn, denouncing a new rule that keeps concealed weapons out of the Senate gallery and urging demonstrators to fight gun control legislation “with our dying breath.”

But one who addressed the crowd may hold the key to whether any gun control legislation can pass this year. Rep. Brian Blake, D-Aberdeen, said he was a longtime member of the National Rifle Association, and said he would not vote for any bill that limits semi-automatic weapons, what some call “assault rifles” but what he called “sport-utility rifles.”

Democrats have just 50 seats in the House, the bare minimum to pass any legislation. If Republicans are unanimous in opposing any gun legislation and Blake joins them, the bill can’t pass.

Hope? Who knows, but EMAIL YOUR SENATOR AND REPS if you haven't already done so.

WE ONLY NEED FOR THE R's TO STAND TOGETHER IF Rep Blake is truthful in his comment.

Now is the time to hit the PRESSURE, before the battle lines are hardened.

For the children.

Wasn't blake very responsible for helping us get sbr's? He's on our side

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blake is a good guy.

Here's my short version for Repubes:

Dear Representative XXX,

Please vote against the current crop of of anti-gunowner bills in the legislature. I encourage you and your Republican caucus to stand strong. The Democrats play to an ignorant base to push such laws and in fact some don't even know what our WA state Constitution says - and I'm talking about Legislators not the Democrat base! These re-hashed New York and California laws simply will not reduce crime (you know like I-594 hasn't) - they will simply impose more hassle, expense and stupidity on law abiding gun owners. Almost to the point of pushing good people with correct intentions outside ill conceived laws.

Thanks for your time,

Pa and Ch Smokin'

Duvall, WA

Link: http://houserepublicans.wa.gov/contact-us/

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 am

I'm here.

Interesting that pro vs. anti looks to be divided up like men vs. women.

These moms need better hobbies.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
I'm here.

Interesting that pro vs. anti looks to be divided up like men vs. women.

*These moms need better hobbies.*

May I suggest any of the shooting sports? Where are the men in their lives willing and able to step up and support these ladies in overcoming their ignorance and fear?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you can't be there today, you can watch:
https://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2018011154

Starts at 10am

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am
Profile WWW

The antis somehow managed to get the first three rows in the hearing row reserved to show their orange scarves

There will be an anti wearing a doctor's coat testifying, he out it on after entering the hall LOL

The guy (Jamie?) from Patriot Prayer is here, I hope he doesn't roll any shenanigans

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The testimony from that Snohomish County prosecutor was pure emotional appeal. There was no rational thought in it whatsoever.

And this corrections guy is not helping his cause...not that I'm complaining about that.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

all i can say is FUCK THOSE BITCHES "testifying" They can all eat shit! They are fucking emotional MORONS.

I FUCKING HATE these people that think their laws affect the actions of criminals...

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had to turn that shit off. I can't fucking watch those whiny fucking pussies anymore.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
The antis somehow managed to get the first three rows in the hearing row reserved to show their orange scarves

There will be an anti wearing a doctor's coat testifying, he out it on after entering the hall LOL

The guy (Jamie?) from Patriot Prayer is here, I hope he doesn't roll any shenanigans

Someone pulled some strings to make that happen. I bet those folks were let in well before anyone else.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next