Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New gun bills introduced - hearing Monday, Jan 15 2018 

Please use the search feature at leg.wa.gov to find each of these bills and leave a comment. Also find your representatives and voice your opposition. A good old fashioned phone call works as well!

Join us on Monday in the hearing room. The nominal start time is 10:00, but get there a few hours in advance since the anti's will flood the place with orange scarves

NRA flyers are attached. The photo of Inslee and the orange scarves illustrates what we are up against.

The Washington State Senate Law & Justice Committee is considering several anti-gun bills
Please contact your legislators!
SB 5444/HB 1387: Sponsored by Senator David Frockt (D-46), with the companion bill in the House sponsored by Representative Laurie Jinkins (D-27), would establish a registration-licensing system effective statewide for modern sporting rifles and magazines with a capacity of 10 or more rounds.

SB 5463/HB 1122: Sponsored by Senator David Frockt (D-46), with the companion bill in the House sponsored by Representative Ruth Kagi (D-32), would require firearms to be locked up at all times when not in use, or to potentially receive a Class C Felony charge. This bill would render firearms for self-defense in the home useless.

SB 5992: Sponsored by Senator Kevin Van De Wege (D-24), would make it illegal to knowingly possess an accessory to a firearm, device, or part that accelerates the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm.

SB 6049: Sponsored by Senator David Frockt (D-46), would institute a full ban on possession of magazines holding 10 or more rounds, with few exceptions.

SB 6146: Sponsored by Senator Rebecca Saldana would abolish firearms preemption law in Washington that has been around for nearly 35 years. This preemption law helps maintain consistent firearms and ammunition laws throughout the state, avoiding the problem of having a patchwork of laws that are inconsistent throughout the state. The Second Amendment is guaranteed regardless of where one lives, and the state preemption statutes protect from further infringements on the rights of citizens that happen to live in areas controlled by officials that are anti-gun.

Please contact your local legislators and urge them to vote NO on these bills.
Find your legislator’s contact information at: http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/
For more information or to get involved with our efforts to defend Second Amendment rights in Washington, please contact Grassroots Field Coordinator Ben Carpenter at 703-708-4487 or ben@nrailafrontlines, or sign up to volunteer at http://www.nrailafrontlines.com.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Here I thought Monday was a holiday....

Apparently respecting MLK isn't important for the GVT Officials.

Hmmmm

That's gotta be at least a microagression.

BLM ?????

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Hmmmm

BLM ?????

There's are several bad looking bills (not gun related) being jammed through hearings Monday, on very very very short notice.
The common denominator so far is (I hate to say) democrats.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Hmmmm

BLM ?????

There's are several bad looking bills (not gun related) being jammed through hearings Monday, on very very very short notice.
The common denominator so far is (I hate to say) democrats.

Brought to you by the same folks who thought 594 was a great fricking idea.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a list of the Senate Law & Justice Committee. Send email tonight. Call Monday morning. FLOOD the switchboards and email service. Take action!

Pederson, Jamie (360) 786-7628 (chair)
Dingo, Mangey (Manka Dhingra) (360) 786-7672 (vice chair)
Angel, Jan (360) 786-7650
Padden, Mike (360) 786-7606
Darnieller, Jeannie (360) 786-7652
Frockt, David (360) 786-7690
Wilson, Lynda (360) 786-7632

I would post email addys for their offices but can't find them. You can contact each member by going to this page http://leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/default.aspx and then clicking the email link within their individual listings. It's a POA I know, but I've tried to take as muchof the effort out of it for you. It IS worth the effort to contact them now, and often.

Here is the email I've sent to them; feel free to copy, paste or edit as you see fit.

Greetings. I am writing to urge you to oppose these bills.
SB 5050 and HB 1134
SB 5444 and HB 1387
SB 5463 and HB 1122
SB 5992
SB 6049
The items listed in these measures are commonly owned and increasingly popular. (That means your constituency is buying and owning them. Your LAW ABIDING CONSTITUENCY. Seeking to remedy the acts of aberrant individuals by doing damage to the rest of the populace is not the answer.

These bills currently in committee are redundant measures at best and outright infringements of 2nd Amendment guarantees.
All of the proposed measures are only encumbrances on the law abiding and do nothing to ensure our security as they hamstring only the law abiding.

Please do not allow these out of committee.
with regards,
jukk0u
kirkland wa

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Write your reps! DO it NOW. It takes less than 5 minutes. Follow this link. Preformated emails asking your reps to oppose these proposals.

https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx

Do it for state and federal law makers, governor etc.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sent, probably too late. They way it looks I may have to throw in the towel, and move with the rest of the rats jumping ship.
BTW I have a small parcel of property near Boston Harbor that is totally overgrown, and can't be built on. I may start renting out small patches of ground for wagunners to bury "things". :bigsmile:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're trying to shove everything through with as little notice as possible... Shady as shit..

and it's not just one thing, they're going full bore...

If just ONE of these measures pass it'll be bullshit...

Texas is looking better and better... I don't even need license plates for my trucks out there..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

just wait until they pass them, they will celebrate like they won the Superbowl, yet the laws will do NOTHING to slow criminals.

The reasons for me to leave Washington permanently have outnumbered the reasons for staying for some time. I am going to contact some recruiters in Phoenix next week

This state is a SHITHOLE

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sent my emails but have little hope. We're probably going to leave the state in a few years. Very sad to see this happen to my home state.......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
Write your reps! DO it NOW. It takes less than 5 minutes. Follow this link. Preformated emails asking your reps to oppose these proposals.

https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx

Do it for state and federal law makers, governor etc.

^ DO THIS. Hit our state lawmakers TODAY, please.

As leadcounsel noted, it's a no-brainer. Basically you just type in your info, then hit "go" and it will send the emails for you, you don't even need to think or type anything.

If you WANT to customize the letter, you can. But you don't need to.

Please help!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I sent my email . . . exactly one minute later I got a one-word response from Sen. Jan Angel: "Agreed." thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has this information been posted to other gun forums, such as ar15, xdtalk, glocktalk, etc? Perhaps we need to get folks nation wide to be calling/writing too.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Completed. Thanks LC. and the NRA. and WaGuns.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next