Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Alert! Incoming MISSILE to Hawaii (false alarm) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just kidding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rning.html
By JENNIFER SMITH
Panic in Hawaii as Civil Defense accidentally issues alert for 'inbound ballistic missile threat' which told thousands to 'urgently seek shelter'

Quote:
Panic spread through the state of Hawaii on Saturday morning when residents received an alert on their phones warning of a ballistic missile threat that was accidentally sent out by Civil Defense.

Scores of confused residents tweeted screenshots of the warnings after receiving them shortly after 8am local time.

Hawaii falls within the range of the intercontinental ballistic missiles that North Korea have been testing in recent months as tensions between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un flare.

After the alert was confirmed as a false alarm on Saturday, there was strong criticism for the mistake given the increasingly fear of global nuclear warfare.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing like pre-conditioning people to justify the North Korea invasion coming soon to a neighborhood in the far east.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just kidding indeed

Grew up next to an AFB during the Cold War. We used to laugh at the thought of nuclear attack survival drills. Only three steps are required before impending nuclear attack:
- Stand up
- Bend down to get your head between your legs
- And finally.... Kiss Your Ass Goodbye

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife is staying on Oahu with her mom. She called me this morning once she got the text. She could see everyone running from the beach to the hotels. Alarms going off all around. She asked me if there was a real missile coming....told her she would know before I would.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Democrats in charge immediately blamed Trump.

IDIOTS.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This brings up a good question -

In reality, what WOULD your reaction be if this was a real event? You're on CONUS and Hawaii gets hit?

Assume a full incoming and outgoing attack, and make preparations I suppose?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:

Yeah, my immediate assumption would be that we're going to war with whomever fired it. And then I would . . . well shit, I dunno. Cuddle up with a Mosin and whimper, probably.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

In reality, what WOULD your reaction be if this was a real event? You're on CONUS and Hawaii gets hit?

Quick, start fishing..........I mean if my ass is going to die from a dirty dirt poor NK nuke, my ass is going to be doing what I like to be doing. I wonder if the ladies might even be up for a last minute pleasure.

Seriously, what the actually fuk. Who DID that? Fire his ass.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We just got back from Maui Monday night and while we were there they did a Siren test....The Wife about lost her Shit.
We were 100 feet from a Siren Tower, those things are loud.
When it first went off, (Jan 3rd i believe) i told her "relax, it's a test" Then it stopped and started up again! I was a little nervous... icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

get my gun and my truck and head for Costco to load up on supplies

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns and ammo and move into costco

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a shit show our country would turn into the first few hours/days of an emergency/war.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Yup My GF is in Hawaii.

They got this on the phone today.

It had to be a HELL of a Half Hour!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

I'd start packing my duffles and my ruck while I wait for the text/FRAGO from my CPT.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

There is no evidence that N Korea has the technology to deliver a nuke via ICBM nor hit a specific target.
They probably soon will though.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next