Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 DOJ and sanctuary cities 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DOJ threatens to subpoena 23 jurisdictions over sanctuary city policies.

Woot ! Bout time!

Whatcha gonna do now Sideshow Bob?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01 ... icies.html

The jurisdictions that received letters on Wednesday, according to the Justice Department: Chicago; Cook County, Ill; New York City; the state of California; Albany, N.Y.; Berkeley, Calif.; Bernalillo County, N.M.; Burlington, Vt.; the city and county of Denver, Colo.; Fremont, Calif.; Jackson, Miss.; King County, Wash.; Lawrence, Mass.; City of Los Angeles, Calif.; Louisville, Ky.; Monterey County, Calif.; Sacramento County, Calif.; the city and county of San Francisco; Sonoma County, Calif.; Watsonville, Calif.; West Palm Beach, Fla.; the state of Illinois and the state of Oregon.

All 23 of these jurisdictions were previously contacted by the Justice Department, which raised concerns about its laws, policies and practices.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's nice to see Turd Ferguson (hat tip to whomever coined that name) get some heat. Hate to see him get any air time - the whole "any publicity is good publicity" theme.

If he gets any mention, I can only hope it is clearly associated with being smacked down.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
It's nice to see Turd Ferguson (hat tip to whomever coined that name) get some heat. Hate to see him get any air time - the whole "any publicity is good publicity" theme.

If he gets any mention, I can only hope it is clearly associated with being smacked down both recalled & jail time.

fixd it

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rumor has it that Dow Constantine wants Ferg-a-fails job....

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 am

Bobby boy was cryin' mad when DOL gave licensee info to ICE a few weeks ago. He issued a policy letter to DOL to get them to stop. I hope this bites him in his worthless ass and gets him in jail where he belongs

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
Bobby boy was cryin' mad when DOL gave licensee info to ICE a few weeks ago. He issued a policy letter to DOL to get them to stop. I hope this bites him in his worthless ass and gets him in jail where he belongs

Don't forget he sued Motel 6 for releasing information on guests too, using our money.
That case won't get ANY traction. It was simply a publicity stunt.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:59 am

I hope he straightens up and flies right (pipe dream...I know), but if not some jail time would make him think.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[quote="sigman226"]I hope he straightens up and flies right (pipe dream...I know), but if not some jail time would make him think.[/quote]
They need to Kathleen Kane him. (PA Attorney General-D)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
Rumor has it that Dow Constantine wants Ferg-a-fails job....

The bigger turds always float to the top of the cesspool.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Just for grins and giggles I sent an email to the DOJ encouraging them to proceed on this path against Inslee and Ferguson. I'm sure they get lots of hate mail , figured and 'attaboy' can't hurt.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just wrote Jeff Sessions thanking him.
https://www.justice.gov/contact-us

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inslee, Durkin and Ferguson and Constantine have told the local media that they are following the law and these requested records simply "don't exist."

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Inslee, Durkin and Ferguson and Constantine have told the local media that they are following the law and these requested records simply "don't exist."

LOL! Yah uhh huh.

"Your federal funds don't exist either...bye now!"

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/defau ... _17-01.pdf

Quote:
EXECUTIVE ORDER 17-01
REAFFIRMING WASHINGTON’S COMMITMENT
TO TOLERANCE, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSIVENESS
WHEREAS, Washington has a proud history of inclusivity, tolerance, and compassion for all residents. The diversity of our people and cultures is a critical part of who we are as a state;
WHEREAS, our state values the unique differences in our residents and protects diversity. Washington law establishes “the right to be free from discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin,” the right to engage in commerce free from discrimination, including discrimination based on religion, and declares these to be civil rights. RCW 49.60.030;
WHEREAS, nearly one million Washingtonians – one in every seven people in this state – are immigrants. These Washingtonians are an integral part of our communities and workforce;
WHEREAS, Washington’s diverse and vibrant economy spans both the east and west sides of our state and encompasses agriculture, aerospace, food processing, timber, construction, health care, technology, tourism, hospitality industries, and the defense sector. As of 2014, immigrants comprised almost 17 percent of Washington’s workforce and contributed over $2.4 billion in state and local taxes. Sixty percent of the Fortune 500 companies based in Washington were founded by immigrants or their children. The contributions of these individuals to our businesses, economy, and community are critical to our success as a state;
WHEREAS, undocumented immigrants comprised approximately 4.9 percent of the state’s workforce in 2012 and paid $301.9 million in state and local taxes. If all undocumented immigrants were removed from the state, the state would lose $14.5 billion in economic activity, $6.4 billion in gross revenue, and approximately 71,197 jobs;
WHEREAS, as of 2016, Washington is home to over 17,000 Deferred Action of Childhood Arrival (DACA) recipients. These are young people who came to this country as children and have been here for a significant period of time. DACA recipients are required to be students or in the workforce, and must have no prior felonies or significant misdemeanors. They are contributing members of our community and to our economy. Almost 15,000 DACA young people are employed in this state. If these individuals were removed from our state, our communities would suffer a significant economic loss, estimated at $1 billion;
WHEREAS, currently 65,000 immigrants serve in our nation’s armed forces and since 2002 greater than 100,000 immigrants have become naturalized citizens following honorable service to our nation. Many of these immigrants are Washingtonians. Their personal sacrifice and contribution to our nation’s security should be recognized by all Americans.
WHEREAS, Washington State has outstanding higher education institutions and foreign-born students contribute significantly to these institutions through their cultural diversity and economic contributions. In the 2013-2014 academic year, roughly 21,000 international college students made up 6.2 percent of all college students in the state and contributed $737 million in to our state’s economy in tuition, fees, and living expenses.
WHEREAS, Washington immigrants are an important part of the fabric of our state. Immigrants contribute to Washington’s rich culture by bringing their arts, heritage, cuisines, rituals, and festivals to share and celebrate. The cultural influences and creative talents of immigrants can be found in every aspect of our society, from the performing arts and education to the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit of our burgeoning industries; and
WHEREAS, we have long tradition of welcoming and supporting those who are the most vulnerable. In 1975, for example, Governor Dan Evans launched a program to settle hundreds of Vietnamese refugees in Washington State. To this day, Washington continues to provide state services to assist those qualified individuals who are most in need of these services, while adhering to state and federal laws and regulations.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jay Inslee, Governor of the state of Washington, reaffirm my commitment to vigorously support and protect the rights of Washingtonians and to respect diversity and inclusion in our state practices. It is therefore directed that:
1. The state of Washington shall remain a welcoming jurisdiction that embraces diversity with compassion and tolerance and recognizes the value of immigrants;
2. Executive and small cabinet agencies shall continue to provide assistance and services to Washingtonians, regardless of citizenship or legal status, to the extent allowed by law;
3. No executive or small cabinet agency may discriminate against a person based on the person’s national origin in violation of RCW 49.60.030;
4. No executive or small cabinet agency may condition provision of services or benefits upon a resident’s immigration status, except as required by international, federal or state law;
5. Executive and small cabinet agencies shall ensure their policies comply with Executive Order 16-01, Privacy Protection and Transparency in State Government, and that information collected from clients is limited to that necessary to perform agency duties. Policies must ensure that information regarding a person’s immigration or citizenship status or place of birth shall not be collected, except as required by federal or state law or state agency policy;
6. No executive or small cabinet agency may inquire into, or request specific documents, in order to ascertain a person’s immigration status for the sole purpose of identifying if a person has complied with federal civil immigration laws, including passports, alien registration, or work permits, except as required by federal or state law;
7. No executive or small cabinet agency may use agency or department monies, facilities, property, equipment, or personnel to enforce, or assist in the enforcement or creation of any federal program requiring registration of individuals on the basis of religious affiliation, except as required by federal or state law;
8. No executive or small cabinet agency may use agency or department monies, facilities, property, equipment, or personnel for the purpose of targeting or apprehending persons for violation of federal civil immigration laws, except as required by federal or state law or otherwise authorized by the Governor; and
9. The Washington State Patrol or Department of Corrections, or other executive or small cabinet agency with arrest powers, will act consistently with current federal law and shall not arrest solely for violation of federal civil immigration laws, except as otherwise required by federal or state law or authorized by the Governor. Specifically, no agency may enter into any agreements with the federal government authorizing such authority under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. §1357).
This Executive Order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or entitlement for any person, nor does it create a cause of action against the state of Washington;
This Executive Order is intended to be consistent with 8 U.S.C. §1373. Should federal or state law change so as to give rise to a conflict with this Executive Order, such provision of this Executive Order shall be inoperative to the sole extent of the conflict.
This order is effective immediately.
Signed and sealed with the official seal of the state of Washington, on this 23rd day of February, 2017, at Olympia, Washington.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They gunna have issues in Monterey county... that place is like 50% illegals

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]