Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wichita PD shoots man on own porch, denies liability. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What started out as a 'swatting' call left an innocent man dead. A man went to his porch to find out what all the commotion was outside, he was ordered to walk towards police... Which he did... He was shot seconds later by an officer....

No threatening actions were made...

Wichita Chief of police claimed he nor his department holds any responsibility for the obviously errant shot, killing an innocent person.

Quote:
Chief Livingston placed the blame for the shooting squarely on “the irresponsible actions of a prankster,”

No, asshole. Your officer got twitchy. YOUR officer fired a round. YOUR officer killed an unarmed man..

Link

So many fucking red flags... The guy calling says he's in a 1 story house and they roll up on a 2 story house... They can't/won't call inside? WTF.

Then shoot the guy that comes out, seconds after telling him to walk towards you, blinded by a light, which he does.....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope they fire that fucking officer and send his ass to prison and I hope they fry the little prick who called it in

Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 am

http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/mobile/id6899

The supposed "swatter". Those ears should serve him well in the bighouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCHOI39nJPM

Interview of the "swatter" by some kind of gamer forum.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, I know this is a stretch, but here goes anyway.

We are all well aware that bad things are done by bad people.

This is world wide - any group, affiliation, or level of trust extended by the public being no exception to the rule.

TW, a New Years resolution suggestion for you.

Any news story you publish in 2018, please let it be a positive story about what some person has done above and beyond the call of duty to change the world in a positive manner.

We have the mainstream media to take care of the " If it bleeds, it leads " news.

I challenge you to find the great human being stories, and bring them to us instead.

" What you put your attention upon, grows. "

Some famous guy said that - I think it is time for you to put some good news in front of us for a change.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems easier for cops to shoot people and walk.

I'm not saying there is an increase, but there could be........

Please always include the hotel hallway shooting where the cop was screaming terrible orders to a citizen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 1614500bc5

Innocent my ass.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
The video was shown in court during the trial, but it was released to the public after jurors acquitted Brailsford[/size] on Thursday.

WTF?

edit: the jury saw the video and still Barney Fife was acquitted? Did I miss something?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Quote:
The video was shown in court during the trial, but it was released to the public after jurors acquitted Brailsford[/size] on Thursday.

WTF?

edit: the jury saw the video and still Barney Fife was acquitted? Did I miss something?

The public is waking up to this bullshit, slowly. Smart departments don't want clowns on their force. We shall see.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you sure get excited when a cop shoots someone and you don't know the full story.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
you sure get excited when a cop shoots someone and you don't know the full story.

Dead guy was playing COD WW2 with the “swatter”. They had a wager going. Swatter lost. He asked for victims address so he could send the wager(was like $1.50 or something). Instead of fulfilling his bed, jackass calls the cops on the victim, saying there was a hostage situation, and the man had already attacked and hurt some of his family and was holding more at gunpoint.

Cops responded with adequate Ford for what they knew at the time. But then they fucked up by shooting a man for complying with their orders.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.c ... 11974.html

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Given
-Swatting
-fake police officers
-fake police cars
-wrong address no knock raids
Etc
Police need a better verification system before they rock and roll. People are dying from government stupidity.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like TW's fascination. To me, it's an excellent reminder of how civil liberties must be forsworn in order to survive encounters with Police. Not that I have very many myself, but just last week a cop opened my door without permission, (inarguably a breech of my rights) and it startled me badly. The first thing I thought of was the gun on my hip. I was completely cooperative, and prepared to do anything that officer demanded...because of stories like this. Rights and liberties be damned. I want to survive. Can't you see what a service TW provides by regularly reminding us that officer safety is more important than the laws which they are supposed to enforce? To hell with freedoms guaranteed by an old ass piece of paper. We're all cogs in a machine. If folks get to thinking that Liberty might be more important than survival...geez, where would we be?

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
- George Orwell

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Okay, I know this is a stretch, but here goes anyway.

We are all well aware that bad things are done by bad people.

This is world wide - any group, affiliation, or level of trust extended by the public being no exception to the rule.

TW, a New Years resolution suggestion for you.

Any news story you publish in 2018, please let it be a positive story about what some person has done above and beyond the call of duty to change the world in a positive manner.

We have the mainstream media to take care of the " If it bleeds, it leads " news.

I challenge you to find the great human being stories, and bring them to us instead.

" What you put your attention upon, grows. "

Some famous guy said that - I think it is time for you to put some good news in front of us for a change.

:yes: :plusone:

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
I like TW's fascination.

It's not a fascination. I don't go out looking for these stories.I don't subscribe to forums or sites that push anti-cop agendas. I don't subscribe to an anti-cop agenda at all. I sure as hell push an anti-corruption, anti-abuse, pro-citizen agenda. How anyone could be against that boggles the mind. I've posted stories of shit judges and prosecuting attorneys, it's not just cops. I've posted good stories and given kudos to officers who do the right thing (most recently, to the officer that gave me a ticket).

Until we get rid of qualified immunity, this shit will continue to happen.......

Until we get rid of the real life equivalent of Jim-Bob yelling 'It's coming right for us!' to justify shooting anything he wants, it will continue to happen.

Same goes for yelling 'stop resisting' to a compliant guy with his hands up that you released a K9 on..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm interested in seeing what's in the initiative that's in the works to remove some protective language in State Law that lets police officers off the hook when killing someone with a bone-headed move.

The way it is now, as long as they didn't have malicious intent they get off.

Wish we all could have the same immunity where we break the law.

"I didn't intend to speed" ----- No Ticket

"I didn't intend to get drunk and drive" No Ticket or Jail time

" I didn't intend to sock that guy in the jaw because he took my parking spot", no assault charge.

I realize that police have a tough job and it's dangerous. They still need to exercise restraint and not be shielded by the "Lack of malice" wording in the law. If an officer screws up and takes a life, prosecutors should be able to prosecute just like they can any ordinary person.

In some ways it's hard for me to accept the argument that "I was in fear for my life" when an officer shoots someone while wearing his ballistic vest, is behind a ballistic shield, or is 100 feet away with an AR-15 Patrol Rifle. Way too many itchy trigger fingers and the knowledge that the law gives them an extra "shield" against stupidity.

BTW, recent numbers released show that in 2017 the fewest number of police officers in a long time died from gunshot wounds. More of them died in traffic accidents (many from their own stupidity). Be interesting to see what the "score" is for police shooting others and it resulting in death, especially situations where the subject was found to have no weapon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next