How does the new tax plan affect you?
Positive 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Negative 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
No difference 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 40

New tax plan passes 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also know a few AT&T employees that got $2k+ bonuses.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:24 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My CPA tells me I'll do better with the new S Corp laws and deductions.
Guess we'll find out soon. Asked her 3 times if she was sure. She's wrong, she's fired and not going to get paid.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being totally retired I pretty much have control over the amount of income I get each year as long as I take a mandatory distribution from my retirement funds.

That's where almost everyone is going to benefit from Trump's tax plan. If you have any money in the stock market (401k etc) you are already benefiting with the stock market going insane. With Corporate taxes going down there will be more payout to employees that are on any kind of profit sharing plan(as was I).

Overseas money may not come streaming back in huge quantities but a lot of "US Money" won't be going overseas at the same rate.

Personally the tax plan doesn't change my tax picture. With the larger exemption it's a wash. Last year's tax bill $-0- This year, another "goose egg". Next year, "nada". Hence, no change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Being totally retired I pretty much have control over the amount of income I get each year as long as I take a mandatory distribution from my retirement funds.

That's where almost everyone is going to benefit from Trump's tax plan. If you have any money in the stock market (401k etc) you are already benefiting with the stock market going insane. With Corporate taxes going down there will be more payout to employees that are on any kind of profit sharing plan(as was I).

Overseas money may not come streaming back in huge quantities but a lot of "US Money" won't be going overseas at the same rate.

Personally the tax plan doesn't change my tax picture. With the larger exemption it's a wash. Last year's tax bill $-0- This year, another "goose egg". Next year, "nada". Hence, no change.

400 billion to start with from one sector alone is not a huge quantity?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

400 billion to start with from one sector alone is not a huge quantity?

400b times probability of occurring of N is...some number south of 400b. Range = 0% to 100%, with an over/under of well below 100%.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those who thought it was just a stock buyback or management bonuses guess again.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/a ... 0b-pledge/

2nd campus, 20k new employees hired.

Someone tell me how this isn't amazing?

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Didn't snaggletooth Pelosi mention something about crumbs? What a stupid cunt.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
Didn't snaggletooth Pelosi mention something about crumbs? What a stupid cunt.

Yup. Armageddon with Crumbs, that was her alright.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A list of large companies and cash they have overseas and taxes they will pay to repatriate the money thanks to the Trump tax cut.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ma ... 048287001/

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't afford $1350/mo Bronze health insurance for a family but can afford the better $450/mo health share:
https://www.libertyhealthshare.org/

I make out with this health plan. Thank goodness I get a few more coins for my family.

In the past, the govt allowed interest on auto vehicles until the 80s. Why do we even allow interest deductions for homes?

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm

jackass wrote:
I can't afford $1350/mo Bronze health insurance for a family but can afford the better $450/mo health share:
https://www.libertyhealthshare.org/

I make out with this health plan. Thank goodness I get a few more coins for my family.

In the past, the govt allowed interest on auto vehicles until the 80s. Why do we even allow interest deductions for homes?

To encourage people to overspend and default so Freddie and Fannie can get more equity.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just got off the phone with my accountant. Apparently I make too much money and the government wants me to keep way less of than I already do. Already paid a crapload for 2017, get to come up with another huge chunk. I can't wait for Trump's plan to kick in--next year will be SUPREMELY better! But not this year. Sad me. No more new guns for a while...

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DGM33 wrote:
No more new guns for a while...

Quoted to be used against you in a matter of weeks.... :popcorn:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Why do I think the price of your dental care may be going up in a few weeks? :rofl9:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mislabeled wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Why do I think the price of your dental care may be going up in a few weeks? :rofl9:

Luckily (or not, depending how you look at it), he's not my dentist. If he had a Southern office though, I'd let him in as deep as he needed to go. :prettyeyes:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next