Positive 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Negative 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
No difference 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 40

New tax plan passes 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
Does this take affect for this years filings? YES I am that greedy. I figured out next years also since I will be cashing in my 401k and the new plan saves me bank!!

Uh oh... you're going to need a bigger safe!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a result of the Tax Cuts, both AT&T, and Boeing have announced major investment commitments and bonuses to their employees.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

It's going to be so awesome when all the healthy that were scared by the mandate finally jump from the system. I cant wait for another $500(or more) a month hike in our insurance next year..with even less choice and coverage.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Everyone who's been paying attention should be voting positive. Why?

TRILLIONS of dollars held by corporations overseas will come flooding back in to the USA. It will be the largest cash infusion into our economy we will ever see.

But.. how can this be? :whatthe:
I mean all of our tv's at work, (Amazon), are locked in on CNN and they say the sky is falling and we are being sucked in to a giant black hole.
They even went as far to say that 130 CEO said they have NO plans on any new hiring or putting anything back into their companies. :throwup:

How can they blatantly lie this bad?

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
It's going to be so awesome when all the healthy that were scared by the mandate finally jump from the system. I cant wait for another $500(or more) a month hike in our insurance next year..with even less choice and coverage.

:plusone:

Divided we fall.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
olydemon wrote:

:plusone:

All the more reason to actually fix healthcare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
lionhrt wrote:
Does this take affect for this years filings? YES I am that greedy. I figured out next years also since I will be cashing in my 401k and the new plan saves me bank!!

Uh oh... you're going to need a bigger safe!

Yeah Right like Connie would let me do that..ok I could not keep a straight face when I said that...lol

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:

Yeah, far better for the government to lie and force people into a massive tax and system they don't want or need just to subsidize everyone else. And by the way, all those promised savings never materialized. In fact, as a result it drove carriers away, skyrocketed premiums, and forced people to buy greater insurance coverage than they wanted or needed. icon_eek :angryfire: :frust:

The real solution is to just open up competition interstate with open enrollment. Let the free market work.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard people complaining about Trump increasing the deficit with the tax cuts.. LOL... Funny, you weren't complaining 8 years ago....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I heard people complaining about Trump increasing the deficit with the tax cuts.. LOL... Funny, you weren't complaining 8 years ago....

1.5 trillion over 10 years after blowing a 10 trillion dollar hole in the debt over the previous 8 years is chicken feed.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
olydemon wrote:

Yeah, far better for the government to lie and force people into a massive tax and system they don't want or need just to subsidize everyone else. And by the way, all those promised savings never materialized. In fact, as a result it drove carriers away, skyrocketed premiums, and forced people to buy greater insurance coverage than they wanted or needed. icon_eek :angryfire: :frust:

The real solution is to just open up competition interstate with open enrollment. Let the free market work.

I do not know why some folks were shocked when this happened. You cannot shove an extra 30 million people into an already over burdened market (health care) and expect prices to go down. Mandating specific coverage would naturally make the issue worse. I have never heard of reducing the supply of something, increasing the demand for the product, and having the price go down. I guess that is one of those economic principals I have never heard of.

Last edited by skey on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

lionhrt wrote:

No, FY2017 is done in 10 days. This new plan will be for FY2018 and beyond.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:

God forbid people should be responsible for their own healthcare and not forced to subsidize others. It's almost like we're in a free society...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Everyone who's been paying attention should be voting positive. Why?

TRILLIONS of dollars held by corporations overseas will come flooding back in to the USA. It will be the largest cash infusion into our economy we will ever see.

I have no idea whether the tax plan is good or bad or what the long term effect is. However, I'll withhold judgment on the dollars flooding in. In the past, the government did many things to "help" business and each time it seems to backfire. Anyone remember the tariffs on Japanese trucks back in the 80s? The intent of the tariff was that more US built trucks would be sold, creating more jobs to build them. Instead, GM, Ford, and Chrysler didn't take advantage of the price difference to sell more trucks, they raised the price of their trucks comparably and made more on each truck sold increasing profits, but not creating jobs. Same thing happened with the bank bailout a few years ago. Yeah, they needed the money - to pay bonuses to the star employees who created the problem.

Its not much different than the Reagan tax bill of 1986. It raised revenue all right - by quadrupling social security taxes while you weren't looking. But then anyone paying attention knows that if you charge a small amount across a broad base, you generate more revenue that a large amount across a narrow base. GAO issued several reports explaining this in detail back in the early 1990s. You can see proof of this by googling the SS tax rate and income limits through the 1980s.

Seeing is believing and I'll believe it when I see it.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:18 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I tend towards the libertarians' views.
I don't mind that we're "projected" to have $1.5 trillion in additional debt as long as the .Gov cuts start happening to make sure we don't.

Cut taxes? Cut spending even MORE.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next