Positive 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Negative 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
No difference 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 40

New tax plan passes 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

no clue, but I know its not good.

snicker bitch and cuntwell are gonna raise wa taxed for sure so bye bye new money.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Repeal of the individual mandate for insurance will result in a "savings" (but I still am uninsured).
Looks like, for the rest of it, I will be even or just slightly ahead. Ask me again in April.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

As the owner of a "Service-Based Pass-Through S-Corp business," I have no idea. The early drafts of the bill appeared to screw me over royally, but it sounds like the final bill might not be so bad. I'll let my overpaid accountant figure it all out and let me know. Maybe some sort of "assault weapon" ban will pass and I can sell all of my ARs for triple their value to pay my taxes in April.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:33 pm

The tax calcs ive seen say ill save money. But we will see when i actually go to file

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The tax calculator says my household will save 6,000. Better than I expected.

Maybe we'll get a double gift and this tax cut will cause automatic spending cuts through pay-go rules.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 pm

GeekWithGuns wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
WaJim wrote:
The Dems are pissed....

Gotta be a good thing.

yep, that is a good barometer thumbsup

You guys might enjoy this. Chuck Schumer having a bad day. Our dear Patty Murray behind looking like an asteroid is going to impact Washington anytime :bigsmile:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/watch-chuck-schumer-snaps-at-republicans-talking-during-11th-hour-tax-reform-speech/article/2643992

Serious stuff indeed. Thriving corporations might actually hire people for a change meaning they would have to work instead of collect a government check. Terrible news for America indeed :ROFLMAO:

Oh man that's great. I'll sleep well knowing that democrats won't

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
As the owner of a "Service-Based Pass-Through S-Corp business," I have no idea. The early drafts of the bill appeared to screw me over royally, but it sounds like the final bill might not be so bad. I'll let my overpaid accountant figure it all out and let me know. Maybe some sort of "assault weapon" ban will pass and I can sell all of my ARs for triple their value to pay my taxes in April.

I'm the same, except an LLC.

Apparently we've been doing it wrong and all our income should be considered passive. Not sure how I missed that loophole.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DGM33 wrote:
As the owner of a "Service-Based Pass-Through S-Corp business," I have no idea. The early drafts of the bill appeared to screw me over royally, but it sounds like the final bill might not be so bad. I'll let my overpaid accountant figure it all out and let me know.

I own a small S-Corp. I'll pay more in income tax, unless I raise my salary and then will have to pay more in employment tax. May even out, I dunno.
Considering changing the status of the business or starting another one.
Meeting with the CPA in the next few days to figure it out.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When do the rules take effect?

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I doubt anyone here has actually READ the new law. I voted positive based on my understanding.

From news reporting sources, you probably only pay more taxes if you make over $200,000. Under $20,000 stays the same. All tax rates above $20,000 and beneath $200,000 benefit and get a tax cut.

My itemized deductions barely more than the new indivdual standard deduction. But I have to pay a tax adviser to do my taxes. I've found this to be incredibly time consuming and inconvenient as well, and costly. The last few years my taxes were so screwed up by my inept tax person and I had other issues which could have all been avoided with a simple 1 page form.

My time wasted on taxes is probably 20 hours every year. Gathering documents, scanning, meeting with tax folks, reviewing, etc. And I probably have paid out or lost an average of $500 yearly in the last few years in mistakes and filing costs and amendment costs.

So in the future, I can quite possibly just do the standard deduction in 15 minutes and be done with it.

It's also supposed to reduce my tax rate and small business taxes. My tax rate immediately drops at least 2% and up to 4%.

Just these changes alone equal for me probably $2000+ in my pocket and a lot less headache.

I'm very excited about this.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Still hoping for flat tax. :crybaby:

I didn't realize that it was such a big rewrite- glad to hear that there is some major change. Like so many other government issues, we are so far off the rails that the code needs a completely fresh start.

Why is there a deduction for children ? Because lots of voters have children so they think they're getting a break, when in reality it just shifts the burden around.
So many special interest deductions and other complexity that if you take your taxes to 5 different professional accountants (or experienced tax preparers) you can get 5 different results.

Taxation should not be an art form.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

I made a similar comment at work a few days ago and every single person at the table, whether D or R, 100% agreed with me.
I said, "Until we have have an 8% (or so), flat tax that applies to every one that is breathing, with NO EXCEPTIONS OR DEDUCTIONS, there is no tax reform".

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
PMB wrote:

I made a similar comment at work a few days ago and every single person at the table, whether D or R, 100% agreed with me.
I said, "Until we have have an 8% (or so), flat tax that applies to every one that is breathing, with NO EXCEPTIONS OR DEDUCTIONS, there is no tax reform".

That's what I don't get about this state. We have the most regressive system there is, yet libtards argue about equality.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Here a page to help you figure it out.
http://taxplancalculator.com/

I'll save a couple grand.

My question though is about health insurance. They got rid of the mandate forcing you to buy insurance, or be fined. Is the requirement for pre-existing conditions still in place? Because it's sounding like I can cancel my health insurance, and then if something bad happens, just buy some.

You’ll still have to wait for open enrollment. So you can cancel your insurance and not be fined. But you won’t be able to buy replacement insurance until open enrollment begins in the Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does this take affect for this years filings? YES I am that greedy. I figured out next years also since I will be cashing in my 401k and the new plan saves me bank!!

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next