Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 FCC votes to repeal Obama-era net neutrality regulations 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CNN
8:59 AM, Dec 14, 2017

Quote:
The Republican-led Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to approve a controversial plan to repeal Obama-era net neutrality protections. The repeal passed 3-2, along a party-line vote.

https://www.10news.com/news/national/fcc-holding-vote-that-could-end-net-neutrality-laws?autoplay=true

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stopping regulation on an issue that really didn't exist.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

aaaaand team Inslee has already started the lawsuit..
http://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-release ... neutrality

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:42 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Why not? Washington State has a ton of extra cash due to our clever legislators and bureaucrats, and we have to spend that money somewhere.
Sweet!

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I miss Rob McKenna.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

From Dan's link ^
Quote:
"We are 5-0 against the Trump Administration because they often fail to follow the law when taking executive action."

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rofl. Guess Inslime can't count, he is 5-13, not 5-0.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

He is 5-0 on the cases he won.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So is this a good or bad thing?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The title of the thread is misleading but still technically accurate.
In the early 2000's the net neutrality rules was actually started by the Bush administration... it became more robust during the Obummer administration.

zombie66 wrote:

IMO it's yet to be seen. The next two years of actions by Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T, etc can only tell... but I think it stinks of greed and corruption.

Personally I do not believe the net-neutrality rules was an over-regulation, and I definitely don't trust Comcast to keep all websites and services on an equal footing without charging consumers more for accessing non-affiliated sites at the same speeds.

Put it this way... Would you trust Verizon to resist charging you more for a package that does not down-throttle the connection to your google phone, maps, drive?

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Last edited by Blaze.45 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
Stopping regulation on an issue that really didn't exist.

The issue already existed before the rules... it's the only reason why gov does anything, people screamed loud enough about this issue back in the early 2000's.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blaze.45 wrote:
zombie66 wrote:

IMO it's yet to be seen. The next two years of actions by Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T, etc can only tell... but I think it stinks of greed and corruption.

Personally I do not believe the net-neutrality rules was an over-regulation, and I definitely don't trust Comcast to keep all websites and services on an equal footing without charging consumers more for accessing non-affiliated sites at the same speeds.

Put it this way... Would you trust Verizon to resist charging you more for a package that does not down-throttle the connection to your google phone, maps, drive?

I agree, especially about greed and corruption.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I don't know why so many small government people think this issue needs to be addressed by government regulation, especially now that there is intense competition among service providers.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
I don't know why so many small government people think this issue needs to be addressed by government regulation, especially now that there is intense competition among service providers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fcc-votes-to-make-internet-harder-for-poor-people-to-access
"Over 56 million American households have no choice in internet service providers in their area, leaving them potentially tethered to an artificially slow internet under the new rules."

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blaze.45 wrote:
The title of the thread is misleading but still technically accurate.
In the early 2000's the net neutrality rules was actually started by the Bush administration... it became more robust during the Obummer administration.

zombie66 wrote:

Gotcha, thank you.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next