Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ideas for the Holiday PIF and fundraiser 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I pulled the Holiday PIf and WaGuns fundraiser thread so I can fix it.
There were a couple of things wrong with it; the easiest to see and easiest to fix was that I somehow forgot to resize a few of the photos.

It was intended as the Holiday PIF with the added no-pressure fundraiser. WaGuns is not a business, but it does require money to operate, and all monies to WaGuns are used to pay WaGuns bills or put back into it through PIFS and schwag.

I had thought about doing the Holiday PIF as separate from the request for site support.
Site Supporters get 2 entries, non-supporters get one?

White elephant type exchange, where if you enter a worthy PIF item you are automatically entered, and if not, make a $5 donation? (Received this suggestion by PM.)
$5 entry? Make it a simple PIF, no $ ?

Any suggestions for me to fix that thread and put it back out here as our Holiday PIF are greatly appreciated. I am trying to figure out a good way to donate a firearm, but that 594 crap makes me ill. If I donate a ToF and make the drive up there, only to have it delayed/denied - GAH! Same for if the winner made the drive down here to South America.

Something that I think is important to remember here is that that thread was MY lead balloon. Dan, Steve, and all other mods are cautious and careful to avoid pressuring anyone to support the site.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem with the white elephant exchange is determining what is a “worthy” item - when Dan is going to throw a gun into the mix.

Just make it 1x entry for site supporters (they have to say “in” which will keep the thread bumped to the top a lot), also offer EXTRA entries for $5 each - simple and straight. It rewards site supporters and encourages additional entries.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can always figure out where to do the transfer, a FFL only has to give you a copy of their license and can pick up the weapon anywhere. and just log it to their books when they go back to the store.

if you get a denied should be a reason.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:
when Dan is going to throw a gun into the mix.

dan MIGHT throw a gun into the mix...

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
when Dan is going to throw a gun into the mix.

dan MIGHT throw a gun into the mix...

Doh. Sorry!

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:59 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I haven't donated to the site lately and would gladly PIF a fresh unopened box of Washougal 115gr 9mm ammo...250 count.

Bought from Brad @ Brads Guns, Guns n Ammo

If that helps.

Prolly duznt ... :peep:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wouldn't it just be easier to mandate a bought ticket to be eligible for drawing? That way monies go to site and everyone has somewhat an equal opportunity to win regardless of adding to the pif pot.
One $5 ticket must be bought regardless of adding to pif pot.
Each pif with $? value gets another ticket, for no more than 2 or 3 tickets total, but still have to buy a $5 ticket to be eligible for drawing.

I've got a brand new unused leather concealment purse that the wife can't fit the sink in. She doesn't want, so to go to the pif pot...paid somewhere around $90 for it.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I surely appreciate the advice. Image

I am leaning towards Site Supporters get a free entry, $5 for each additional entry.
Close 2nd is a completely free Holiday PIF, with $5 entries in case firearms are included. ($5 entry for firearm(s), drawing separate.)

Thinking about donating a Mosin Nagant 91/30 along with 100 rounds of ammo and 50 cal can. The transfer is the stumbling block for me, unless an FFL who is already going to NY Shoot can receive it there and complete the transfer at his place of business.
Fuck 594 for burdening honest US citizens.

The drawing would probably have to be held at least 3 days before 1 January to give time for winners to choose... Sound about right? Winners have a certain amount of time to choose before time constraints force next in line to choose...

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

PMB wrote:
I surely appreciate the advice. Image

I am leaning towards Site Supporters get a free entry, $5 for each additional entry.
Close 2nd is a completely free Holiday PIF, with $5 entries in case firearms are included. ($5 entry for firearm(s), drawing separate.)

Thinking about donating a Mosin Nagant 91/30 along with 100 rounds of ammo and 50 cal can. The transfer is the stumbling block for me, unless an FFL who is already going to NY Shoot can receive it there and complete the transfer at his place of business.
Fuck 594 for burdening honest US citizens.

The drawing would probably have to be held at least 3 days before 1 January to give time for winners to choose... Sound about right? Winners have a certain amount of time to choose before time constraints force next in line to choose...

I'm going to the shoot and am willing to donate a transfer.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The purpose of this PIF was two-fold: to spread the WaGuns joy and to help raise $ to operate the site so I chose the $5 entry and added a rifle.
I love the AR idea. Maybe too late for this PIF, or can someone else start putting that prize package together by soliciting the parts if there is still time? I am still an AR noob.
You other fine gentlemen who offered prizes, if the offers are still good let me know.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an old school combination lock safe measuring about 26 x 28 x 32 with inside measurements of about 18 x 20 x 24 to donate.

Battleship grey, real clean.

It will need a new locking system - dial was drilled. It would be great for documents, metals, pistols, ammo, etc.

I was going to do a job box style locking system for the locking latch lever, just out grew the safe, and never got around to it.

Takes two guys and a pick up truck to move it - winner to come pick it up, I help you load.

Donated For The Cause.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]