Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Youtube daredevil falls to his death 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More cleaning out of the gene pool. WTF is wrong with people? Are they so bored in their cushy lives they need this sort of attention at risk of death?

Not graphic but does show the last foolish moments of a skyscraper stunt. We've all seen these gut-churning stunts with handstands and pullups on dangerous terraces and bridges and so forth. Well this moron paid the ultimate price.

Video shows the idiot attempting pullups on the edge of a 62 story building. Wet fingers and gravity were apparently too much for the narcissist.

Nothing graphic in the video, just shows his last moments of failure.

http://tribunist.com/news/youtuber-dies ... source=amn

Guess the question is why has society devolved into such moronic behavior and narcissism?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, crazy. What is it they say? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It’s a shame he died, but that’s the risk he knew he was taking.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw this on a blog a couple days ago. Apparently his death was covered up and it was only after he had no social media activity for a month is when it finally was confirmed.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dumbshit happens

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you read enough in modern history books and newspapers it seems that people like this have been around for a long time.

Only thing missing is a logical explanation of WHY?

Personally I think it's a matter of shorted out brain cells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:59 pm

That's why I don't do that.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
More cleaning out of the gene pool. WTF is wrong with people? Are they so bored in their cushy lives they need this sort of attention at risk of death?

Not graphic but does show the last foolish moments of a skyscraper stunt. We've all seen these gut-churning stunts with handstands and pullups on dangerous terraces and bridges and so forth. Well this moron paid the ultimate price.

Video shows the idiot attempting pullups on the edge of a 62 story building. Wet fingers and gravity were apparently too much for the narcissist.

Nothing graphic in the video, just shows his last moments of failure.

http://tribunist.com/news/youtuber-dies ... source=amn

Guess the question is why has society devolved into such moronic behavior and narcissism?
I didn't know that you knew him personally, why was his life so cushy? Also how does getting an adrenaline rush make his a narcissist?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really stupid people never learn from their mistakes, ignorant people eventually learn from their mistakes and smart people learn from the mistakes of others.....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I was 35 years younger, I'd do the wingsuits in a heart beat. But that stuff, hanging off of buildings? Naw... I'll pass.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gravity sucks

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ha Ha! :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The adrenaline junky thing is real. I don’t think this guy was stupid, and idiot maybe but not stupid. Their brain craves the rush of living life on the edge. I have known a few guys like this in my life. One of them was a good friend. He was constantly doing dumb shit. I don’t hang with him much because it drives me nuts and I just don’t understand putting your life in harms way for no good reason. He is by no means dumb.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mcyclonegt wrote:
The adrenaline junky thing is real. I don’t think this guy was stupid, and idiot maybe but not stupid. Their brain craves the rush of living life on the edge. I have known a few guys like this in my life. One of them was a good friend. He was constantly doing dumb shit. I don’t hang with him much because it drives me nuts and I just don’t understand putting your life in harms way for no good reason. He is by no means dumb.

Same way that I feel.
People have their own level of adventure seeking, and I don't make judgements about other people's mental capabilities just because theirs are weirder or less-weird than mine.
The guy who was doing pull-ups 700 feet above the sidewalk? I can't even imagine that. I am not particularly afraid of heights, but THAT makes my stomach flip to imagine standing on the lip of a building 700+ feet high... let alone hanging from my fingers.
But hanging from a paraglider's strings 10,000 feet up doesn't bother me a bit. Rather, I desire that.
I -try- to not look down on people for their choices, but sometimes the "WTF?!" factor is too high for me.
This one? Naw. He was a daredevil thrill seeker... No big deal.

Except I would have been pretty pissed off if I was walking on the sidewalk below him.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And to think he passed on this Chinese Craigslist ad just the day before....

Parachute for sale.
Only used once
Never opened
Small stain

Make offer

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M' uncle used to say:
Some people learn from readin' in books,
some people learn from watchin' others,
and some people just have to piss on the 'lectric fence for themselves.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next