Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What knife do you carry 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crkt squid most of the time. It fits perfectly in the coin pocket. Also a mini griptilian.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DPX Hest Folder, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I am a complete utilitarian when it comes to carry knives... They are tools to me, not something that I feel require highest quality. I use them hard and occasionally break or damage them in some other way due to hard use.
I have been on the same box of a dozen for about 7 years now.
I found a solid knife in the type I like for a reasonable price and bought a dozen of them. They are serrated (I still haven't figured out why you knife experts don't like that feature... works wonderful on ropes), have a thumb flick for one-handed opening, and a screwed joint at the bolster for adjusting tension.
I keep them sharp, and when the one I'm carrying gets loose or is damaged I toss it in the metal recycle bin.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 am

kershaw speedsafe, most larger folders with the tacti-cool profile have the spring clip going the wrong direction, this one does not and it is attached with itty bitty hex bolts so I can change which side it is on. Yes I use it on everything but I also touch up the edge every couple of days so "It will cut."

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to carry Kershaw Leeks, SOG Flash I and SOG Twitch II's... but I've lost way too many of them getting in/out of cars, riding motorcycles, lost in the wash... etc. That, and I've had two Twitch II's open in my pocket :thumbsdown:

I switched about 4 years ago.
- Assisted opening
- Decent steel
- Clip position allows it to sit deep in pocket
- Decent lockup and adjustable tension
- $10 each

I've lost about six of these in the last 4 years... couldn't be happier with'm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Raygun74 wrote:
...So you guys carrying auto's, I take it you're LEO/Military or am I interpreting the state rules wrong... or is this one of those don't ask, don't tell unless asked on WAGuns kinda things?

Ask me no questions I will tell you no lies.

But. For the record, I spend a vast majority of my time on the clock in Oregon. And yes I did serve in the military at one time, and yes, this knife was given to me during that time.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

I picked up some knives ~20 years ago... found the one I liked and stopped buying... but still always looking.

Attachment:
20171212_112613 (Medium).jpg

First run S&W SWAT knives... The small one is has been my daily carry for 20 years... (almost) perfect size- love it!!! I've already paid for it twice over with mailing charges when I forget to put it in my checked baggage at the airport.... but I'll never give it up. Got the big brother to it, but its too big to carry comfortably, but still an awesome knife. Blade bolt-to-handle flex is non existent on both - the first thing I look at when picking up a knife.

I want to like the Gerber, but the serrations on the spine of the blade for your thumb are so damn sharp, they rip your hand up every time you put your hand in your pocket... always meant to sand/file them down, but never got around to it --- its the 'desk' knife now.

I just love the Rainbow Scallion - its my 'dress' knife --- so damn pretty.... but it suffers one common flaw I keep seeing with knives --- the belt clip edges are sharp!!! It rips the edge of your pocket to shreds in no time (the Gerber suffers from this also) --- a big gripe I have with pocket knives... I won't buy another knife without inspecting the quality of the belt clip polishing anymore.

I've found I also prefer the serrated blades - they are so much more effective for cutting things that need to be cut on a regular basis. I've been looking for another SWAT knife sized in between the two I have now - tanto blade with serrations - would be Ideal.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I carry a dog slim jim. Super thin and spring assisted. Had the same one going on 5 years now, I work in a customer facing environment where it is used at times where they see. At least one in three will ask what it is because it is so thin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0074FH7 ... ref=plSrch

Last edited by Slipknot95758 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Slipknot95758 wrote:
I carry a dog slim jim. Super thin and spring assisted. Had the same one going on 5 years now, I work in a customer facing environment where it is used at times where they see. At least one in three will ask what it is because it is so thin

Ok, now THAT one could tempt me to buy a new knife!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:
Slipknot95758 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty interesting. I like that it's thin, and that it has a deep-carry clip.

The reviews on Amazon are pretty mixed, though . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have had it open a few times and the safety is the greatest it can be over come easily but it met what I wanted. Slim, deep clip, spring assisted and the clip facing the correct way so when it is taken from my pocket it is already ready to open

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Selador wrote:
Slipknot95758 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty interesting. I like that it's thin, and that it has a deep-carry clip.

The reviews on Amazon are pretty mixed, though . . . .

Exactly the same reasons I like it.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PERSEC!!! OMGZ!

With that BS out of the way...

Kershaw Brawler now, but used to be a Kershaw 1920 Select fire, which is a knife with a screwdriver attachment and storage for 4 bits.

Definitely not the best knives, but the best bang for the buck I've found. It also helps that I was in Portland once every couple of weeks, so I could just drop it off during lunch and walk out 5 minutes later with it laser sharp.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I am a complete utilitarian when it comes to carry knives... They are tools to me, not something that I feel require highest quality. I use them hard and occasionally break or damage them in some other way due to hard use.
I have been on the same box of a dozen for about 7 years now.
I found a solid knife in the type I like for a reasonable price and bought a dozen of them. They are serrated (I still haven't figured out why you knife experts don't like that feature... works wonderful on ropes), have a thumb flick for one-handed opening, and a screwed joint at the bolster for adjusting tension.
I keep them sharp, and when the one I'm carrying gets loose or is damaged I toss it in the metal recycle bin.

Couldn't agree more. :plusone:

I don't carry a knife for self defense, it's a tool... that perhaps could be used for self defense and save a life. :bigsmile:

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Orange Ganzo G727M. The best of both worlds with Ontario rat design, benchmade style axis lock, and $17 price tag.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next