Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Thanksgiving dinner 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If anyone has nowhere to go and no one to have a sit-down ridiculous dinner with..... And maybe some card games and whatnot, we have an open invitation running.
PM me for address if you're wanting it.
Edit: in central Tacoma area

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

Very kind of you to offer Thanksgiving Dinner to those who have no place to go.
God's Blessings be upon you.

Not in

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome offer, Rix! B and I used to do the same when we had a place of our own. Next year we'll be able to do it again. Kudos to you.

Also not in.

:nicepif:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I live in Colorado, and got an invitation from a family in my Bible Study class. They have an open invitation Thanksgiving at their house every year. Apparently it is huge - several turkeys worth of people. They ask that you bring a side dish if you can. Their generosity is humbling. My family is going to my in-laws, so we aren't going to take them up on their invitation.

One year after my divorce I was stuck in Pennsylvania on a travel work assignment. I didn't know anyone there. There was a crushing weight of isolation as Thanksgiving approached. Out of the blue, the day before Thanksgiving my supervisor invited me to her family's Thanksgiving. They were a very close-knit family, and I was the only outsider. They made me feel so welcome. That was 14 years ago, and every Thanksgiving I remember them with gratitude.

Rix, I thought of these people when I saw your invitation. That's wonderful that you sent it out! You never know how much you could be helping someone.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't do a lot. I can try to do a little.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very good of you Rix. I'm not in, but in the past have found myself with nowhere to go (due to being either a college student or an Army transplant).

One year my presence actually made a noteworthy impact. As a guest, one of the family members started choking and nobody did anything - they just sat and watched this poor guy turn purple and blue. icon_eek

I jumped up and ran over to him and gave him the Heimlich and saved his life! :cheers2:

A very memorable Thanksgiving.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
If anyone has nowhere to go and no one to have a sit-down ridiculous dinner with..... And maybe some card games and whatnot, we have an open invitation running.
PM me for address if you're wanting it.
Edit: in central Tacoma area

You are the man! :bow:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]