Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Hatch Act 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I see that Kellyanne Conway is in hot water for violating the Hatch Act. The 1939 Hatch Act prohibits federal employees from using their official authority to influence an election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

So every single politician that has ever endorsed someone that is running for office has violated this. Obama violated it when he backed Hillary. He was by definition trying to influence an election. Bush 2 didn't because he refused to back Trump. I have always felt that politicians should not be allowed to have any affiliation with any party once they take office, but hey that's just me.

How do other people read this?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not to nitpick here but I don't think that elected officials count as federal employees.

EDIT: Trump is not a federal employee. Obama was not a federal employee.

Comey was a federal employee. Conway is a federal employee.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thefuryoffire wrote:
Not to nitpick here but I don't think that elected officials count as federal employees.

EDIT: Trump is not a federal employee. Obama was not a federal employee.

Comey was a federal employee. Conway is a federal employee.

Do they receive a paycheck from the tax payers?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Their job is politics, I think the distinction is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So those post office employees working for Hillary, what did they get them on?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
So those post office employees working for Hillary, what did they get them on?

Not sure what the situation is/was, but post office employees fall under the hatch act.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2008/html/pb22239/html/ElectMailkit_010.html

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postal workers aren’t elected.

You guys need to go find the actual definition of ‘federal employee’, not what you think defines it.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Postal workers aren’t elected.

You guys need to go find the actual definition of ‘federal employee’, not what you think defines it.

That’s why I bring it up. It makes zero sense to me that a person paid by the taxpayers with federal funds is not a federal employee. This is simply black and white. Who writes the checks? The federal government. Where do they get there money? The tax payers. Add these together and elected officials are federal employees. How can it possibly be any other way? Besides all that it has never sat well with me that any politician back another.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]