Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Space Needle to become a "static" restaurant? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If your kids are that fucking stupid, you shouldn't take them outside of their padded cage.

Had a cat that jumped onto a red hot wood stove. Never went near that thing again, even when it was cold.

Surprised they haven't banned escalators, elevators, and turnstiles.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep the little fuckers on a leash, like I've seen at malls.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I am a big fan of bringing my children out in public. At all ages.
Seeing spoiled children is no fun at all, and suing a business because a child wasn't supervised properly is asinine.

The issue being discussed here seems to me to be a parental problem, not a child's problem.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Seeing spoiled children is no fun at all, and suing a business because a child wasn't supervised properly is asinine.

The issue being discussed here seems to me to be a parental problem, not a child's problem.

The same applies to dogs. It's usually not the child or the dog's fault, it's the parent or the owners fault.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

Agreed.

My responses were tongue-in-cheek.

I have relatives that have no business being parents...

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a few dinners ruined by some parents that wouldn't control their kids. I'm all for age limits at expensive restaurants.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shit, for $150 I can fill my fridge and eat like a king. Plus I dont hafta bitch about parking and the shitty food.

I never go to town and pay for anything. Cities are worthless. The folks that fill them are to.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Shit, for $150 I can fill my fridge and eat like a king. Plus I dont hafta bitch about parking and the shitty food.

I never go to town and pay for anything. Cities are worthless. The folks that fill them are to.

I do think that everyone should experience a fine dining experience like you can get in Seattle, at least once in their lifetime.

But you can get the same in Vancouver or SanFrancisco. Or many big cities.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
We went to a comedy show in pioneer square for a friend's birthday last night. I felt so "privileged" to pay $15 for parking then when I had to run back to my truck to get the wife's coat I find 2 (I'm guessing homeless) people hiding next to my truck smoking a clear glass pipe. Wasn't weed. I had the "privilege" of asking them step away so I could get into my truck (hand was on my CC the whole time). Then I got the "privilege" of sitting through the comedy show hoping they weren't pissed off and damaging my truck while I sat inside the club. Afterwards we had the "privilege" of being constantly hounded for money by vagrants as we were trying to have a nice conversation outside the club. As we were leaving we had the "privilege" of a homeless man asking for our parking receipt so he could try and sell it to someone else. Wow! All the wonderful privilege of Seattle in one short night!

Keep your fucking privilege Seattle. I've seen it. Don't want it.

At least you got out of there without any shit on you. My neighbor went to concert at the Showbox, and he parked in one of the $20 lots. It wasn't very well lit, but it was fairly close by. When he and his wife got in his rig after the concert, he smelled something foul, so he stopped up the street under a light, only find that he had stepped in a pile of human feces. Good times CAN still be had in Seattle!

Well maybe someday Ill have the privilege of dining in a big city.

Or NOT.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
If you spend $150 a head and it's not a VERY special occasion, you need your HEAD examined. No place for the brats.

My thoughts exactly. Either ban kids under a certain age or only seat parties with kids at inner tables, away from the moving/non-moving interface.

Kids are one reason I won't go to Red Robin anymore. Can't recall a single meal there that didn't involve a couple of running kids or one of them testing the breaking point of glass with a screech.

I too was one of those kids that got some "manual adjustment" if I didn't do what I was told when out to dinner in a public place. I know some people who have actually paid for their meals and had it boxed then left with the kids when they didn't behave on a dinner outing that was for the kids. Also, no dessert.

People today have become more into themselves with less regard for people around them. Sometimes it's their own inconsiderate behavior but most times it's their ignoring what their kids are doing while they are totally into what they are doing to enjoy themselves.

Hey, maybe high end restaurants can just add a "Kid Impound Area" where the kids are served separately and an extra $50 per kid is added to the parent's bill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We brought some of my Wifes family who was in from out of town there several months ago and ate dinner. My Mocha Braised Shortribs were fantastic.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2