Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Space Needle to become a "static" restaurant? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G*d forbid that you be responsible for restraining your own child. This, THIS is why we can no longer do fun things:

5 year old kid squirms his way between the table and the wall of a revolving restaurant. Family sues.

My mom used to threaten to rip my appendages from me and beat me with them if I got squirrely... Shiite.

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/f ... restaurant

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tear it down. That's the best solution.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would hope that there are some simple solutions to this problem; some basic shields for the dangerous areas, and/or a kill switch.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I would hope that there are some simple solutions to this problem; some basic shields for the dangerous areas, and/or a kill switch.

Plexiglass that covers any voids that the little bastards could get to.

Then maybe some more plexiglass to cover customers laps so they don't spill hot coffee on themselves.

Then issue helmets for the elevator ride. Seat belts for the toilets. All in the name of protecting the stupid.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the picture in Komo doesn't show the pillars that frame in those window walls. When the table swings by them there is frightfully small space between table and pillar. Either a wall of plexiglass, man high, that is installed flush to those pillar faces ( I think getting wedged in could still be an issue) or increasing the spacing of the tables from the glass wall might be possible answers; all will diminish the experience.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Kill switch?

Come on, killing kids over such a thing is a bit of a stretch, dontcha think? :ROFLMAO:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see that after about 50 years in operation it is a major concern now. If I were the person who could not control my rugrat, I probably wouldn't advertise I was a dumb ass by suing.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WTF does this have to do with the space needle? This happened in Atlanta.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
WTF does this have to do with the space needle? This happened in Atlanta.

er...um...The Space Needle has a rotating restaurant... seemed like an easy speculative jump to make that litigation on one rotating restaurant may impact another...

it was also just a prosaic tool to lead in to the thread

FJB

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep children out. They are horrible little creatures. All full of curiosity and mischief. :)

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWGunner wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Kill switch?

Come on, killing kids over such a thing is a bit of a stretch, dontcha think? :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps, but think of the extended applications . . . malls, restaurants, holidays, etc.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how about one of those chutes and slides like on the Willy Wonka movie?...kid misbehaves, down the slide they go, parents can collect the child when they finish eating.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Kill switch?

Perhaps, but think of the extended applications . . . malls, restaurants, holidays, etc.

Malls at the holidays? Okay, you got me now... :Init:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
G*d forbid that you be responsible for restraining your own child. This, THIS is why we can no longer do fun things:

5 year old kid squirms his way between the table and the wall of a revolving restaurant. Family sues.

My mom used to threaten to rip my appendages from me and beat me with them if I got squirrely... Shiite.

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/f ... restaurant

There is a time and a place for children... The Space needle like El Gaucho, Daniels Broiler, Ruth Chris, John Howie, The Met and a few others are not a FUCKING AMUSEMENT PARK so I hope they don't get a dime! If the kid broke away from the parent next to a road and ran out in front of a bus they wouldn't get a dime so how can they expect anything here???
It has been found that high end restaurants do better when they place a minimum age. Nothing screws up and expensive dinner and pisses me off more than irresponsible parents who expect everyone accept a screaming brat especially when you're talking $150+ a head! If you can afford a restaurant like these then you can afford a damn babysitter!
Leave your spawn home until you know they will obey and behave. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you spend $150 a head and it's not a VERY special occasion, you need your HEAD examined. No place for the brats.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next