Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 NAS Whidbey Skywriting!! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the news this morning!

WARNING: Some viewers may find the photos in this story offensive. (I hope that this does not violate the WA Guns NSFW protocool and definitely not my intent).

I had to chuckle and think back to my days where I have done extremely stupid things both in and out of the cockpit..BUT, fortunately did not have cameras, social media and legal ramifications for every act.

Very nice, precise eights on pylons and Chandelle practice, but I am certain that the aircraft commander is going to find some paperwork waiting for him! I just hope it does not cost him his career....

OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. – Officials with the Naval Air Station Whidbey Island said one of their aircraft was involved in the obscene skywritings spotted in Okanogan County.

Photos sent to KREM 2 by multiple sources show skydrawings of what some people are saying is male genitalia. Some sources have even tweeted pictures of what they saw.

A mother who lives in Okanogan who took pictures of the drawings reached out to KREM 2 to complain about the images, saying she was upset she might have to explain to her young children what the drawings were.

In a statement to KREM 2 News navy officials said, "The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards and we find this absolutely unacceptable, of zero training value and we are holding the crew accountable."

KREM 2 spoke to the Federal Aviation Administration to get some information about who may have made the drawings. FAA officials said unless the act poses a safety risk, there is nothing they can do about. The official said they "cannot police morality."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just saw this on FoxNews. Needed a bit of comedy after this week. Definitely had me laughing.
Can't say that this fighter pilot doesn't have a sense of humour :bigsmile:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 am

The lame mom could have just told her kids that she didn't know what it was. It would've been gone in 15 minutes or less

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

It's a ten gallon hat

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I admire the skill required, find it humorous in the right crowds (not mixed company of sensitive snowflakes and soccer moms over an entire city), and have no objection to this.

HOWEVER, the pilot demonstrates a remarkable daft incompetence and abysmal professional judgement given the atmospherics of sex harassment allegations and sensitivity. A big part of being a professional warfighter is not only technical competence, but tactical and situational awareness competence or a risk/reward evaluation. He gets an "A" on the former and an "F" on the latter.

To some men or women it might be humorous. But I can absolutely see how a majority of adults and women would take offense at either the image, or the idea these pilots flying $40,000,000 jets are up there playing grab ass and fooling around in these machines.

It is mind boggling how anyone in such a position of high skill, trust, and such might even consider this a funny or good idea. Does this pilot live in a cave? Since the election alone, sex harassment has been a daily diet in the media. The military is simply gone overboard with rooting out sex harassment and sex crimes to the extreme, with routine "training."

I would expect this catastrophic error of judgement to cost him dearly and he'll be fortunate to retain his career.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's both hilarious and awesome. Yes they should get in trouble, but nothing serious. Can't have people doing this all the time.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simple explanation.. The result of air refueling activity. For all of you that saw a phallic reference...shame on you!

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In this day and age, I would say that was pretty balzy of the pilot. I have met a few Navy pilots, they were all cocky.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
I think it's both hilarious and awesome. Yes they should get in trouble, but nothing serious. Can't have people doing this all the time.

Exactly this. If ask people to be fighters and to be willing to kill another human being in battle, we can't ask them to be milquetoasts every other day. That's some expert-level risk taking, if you ask me. Zero danger to anyone but the pilot.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Also I strongly suspect I know the exact location of this photo. It's a pot farm outside of Oroville. I've driven by it numerous times while hunting and the sealed green houses with camera and the brown fence in the image jumped right out at me.

These dudes fly all over the area where I hunt - heard a few sonic booms this year while they were playing around. Sounds like a fun "training" area. Nobody over there would complain about it, other than some crotchety "mom" - probably a Canadian expat too

https://www.google.com/maps/place/48%C2%B056'42.1%22N+119%C2%B024'55.0%22W/@48.9449828,-119.4154812,152a,54.3y,3.34t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d48.9450194!4d-119.4152833

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
Sky penis...cool. Need a sky vjay-jay.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
After I posted, I found myself laughing out loud...think about the squadron commander making that his call sign...

You got the cool call signs--Viper, Iceman, Maverick, then you got the Sky Penis...

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Exactly this. If ask people to be fighters and to be willing to kill another human being in battle, we can't ask them to be milquetoasts every other day. That's some expert-level risk taking, if you ask me. Zero danger to anyone but the pilot.

Risk to himself
Risk to very expensive military hardware - himself and the aircraft
Risk to other aircraft perhaps
Risk to anyone on the ground if the plane breaks up or crashes

Yeah, I get it. I'm not being a stick in the mud.

It's like walking into a professional room and telling racist or sexist joke. Nobody really gets hurt but it's in extremely poor taste and unprofessional. You just can't do those things.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Risk to himself
Risk to very expensive military hardware - himself and the aircraft
Risk to other aircraft perhaps
Risk to anyone on the ground if the plane breaks up or crashes

Yeah, I get it. I'm not being a stick in the mud.

It's like walking into a professional room and telling racist or sexist joke. Nobody really gets hurt but it's in extremely poor taste and unprofessional. You just can't do those things.

What is inherently more risky about flying in the pattern of a cock and balls? How does flying in this pattern increase the risk with any of your examples?

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Video has come out of them actually doing the writing in the sky

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next