Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Another shooting 4+ dead in California near CA school... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least they are being honest now. Instead of the 'we just need one more law to fix EVERYTHING' that they've relied on forever, they're finally saying 'we need to ban all these but we can't, so we need to repeal the 2nd amendment'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
At least they are being honest now. Instead of the 'we just need one more law to fix EVERYTHING' that they've relied on forever, they're finally saying 'we need to ban all these but we can't, so we need to repeal the 2nd amendment'...

Removing every functional firearm from civilian possession will stop shootings for about 1-2 days. Technology exists...
During that 1-2 day hiatus, how many previously self-defended women will be raped or killed? How many gang knifings? How many other ways can humans bent on hurting someone else will be found, until the 2nd day when guns are being built all over the country on manual lathes, milling machines, CNC machines, out of scrap like zip guns.
It is all about control and nothing about safety.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Removing every functional firearm from civilian possession will stop shootings for about 1-2 days. Technology exists...
During that 1-2 day hiatus, how many previously self-defended women will be raped or killed? How many gang knifings? How many other ways can humans bent on hurting someone else will be found, until the 2nd day when guns are being built all over the country on manual lathes, milling machines, CNC machines, out of scrap like zip guns.
It is all about control and nothing about safety.

I'm just saying, they've always said 'we don't want to ban guns, we just want this ONE EXTRA law that won't hurt anyone but criminals'... They've finally realized that's not working, so they're going on wholesale confiscation.

When an extreme view doesn't work, make it more extreme, which seems to be the leftist motto thus far...

Point being, they've been hiding under the 'we're not your enemy, we just disagree' banner for too long, and are now outright saying they're gonna do whatever they can to eradicate a way of life for a lot of Americans....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I didn't quote you to disagree with you. :cheers2:

You're right, many of the complete Statists are crawling out from under their disguises. Some of the positions aired recently would lead to a lot of deaths in short order if implemented.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. Gun control advocates are now attacking.... blackpowder muskets...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

I'd say more like 1-2 hours. That would be about the time required for criminals (and others too) to dig up the weapons they buried in pieces of sewer pipe or retrieve the ones stored in their attic's in multiple pieces and reassemble them.

I would also see a run in pipe sections and pipe caps from Lowe's and Home depot. Less than 30 minutes with simple tools (no CNC required) and one has a fairly decent single shot 12ga.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
PMB wrote:

I'd say more like 1-2 hours. That would be about the time required for criminals (and others too) to dig up the weapons they buried in pieces of sewer pipe or retrieve the ones stored in their attic's in multiple pieces and reassemble them.

I would also see a run in pipe sections and pipe caps from Lowe's and Home depot. Less than 30 minutes with simple tools (no CNC required) and one has a fairly decent single shot 12ga.

Not even. A length of pipe is all you need... There are numerous videos and instructions on taking 2 pieces of pipe, one slightly larger than the other, and making an impromptu firing pin, and slamming them together.. Literally 5$ worth of shit...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rental truck is more deadly, much cheaper, and easier to get than a gun.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Rental truck is more deadly, much cheaper, and easier to get than a gun.

Meh, what does it matter when illegal immigrants are given IDs like candy?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Could always live in a utopian society where all guns, knives, weapons, drugs, alcohol, vehicles , etc are banned, screened, and constantly searched for.
It would be as safe as..................inside a prison. And you know violence never happens there.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Could always live in a utopian society where all guns, knives, weapons, drugs, alcohol, vehicles , etc are banned, screened, and constantly searched for.
It would be as safe as..................inside a prison. And you know violence never happens there.

Image Image Image :thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3