Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Sex Harassment list 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

There seems to be a growing trend across the continent.

With the advent of the new found memories that are now stretching back 38years with senator Moore I think its about time for a list of men accused of sex harassment .....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... SKBN1D9320

Holy Crap, as I write this the news says Louis C K is now being accused....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lo ... 08619eb4f7

Yesterday I found out that Dustin Hoffman is accused of being inappropriate with Meryl Strep

Of course we have Clarence Thomas, Mr Jello Pudding and Our favorite Mayor Murrey..........

Eghad ,,,,,They're falling like flies.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:42 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

How many women’s hoods have you looked under? You’re next, buddy.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

WaJim wrote:

Indeed. And I'm finding it increasingly disturbing.

First, let me just say that I'm not okay with rape or unwanted touching, or truly inappropriate behavior. Let all those bastards who've done those things get called out, and face the music. I have no issues with that.

However, two aspects of this "trend" are bothering me:

1) Simple allegations seem to be enough to convict people in the public court of opinion. For example, in one of the articles above, it says that Roy Moore was accused today of doing something inappropriate 38 years ago. And today, THE SAME DAY, folks like John McCain are saying that he needs to step aside. WTF? OK, I understand that he'll probably never actually get tried in a real court for this alleged misdeed, but can't we wait for some actual facts??

2) Things that I consider to be normal courtship rituals or simply tasteless comments have suddenly become crimes or near-crimes. I worry that we're getting so PC that soon you won't be able to flirt . . . I guess we'll all just need to have arranged marriages.

For example, I heard a story on NPR the other day. A woman went to a conference, and after one of the speeches she approached the speaker to talk to him. He turned to her and said, "Would you like to come to my hotel room tonight?". She was very upset by this, and some years later she was able to prevent him from getting an executive job at her company (Citibank, I think?). So . . . I get it, the guy was a tasteless douche, but is that really "inappropriate" behavior that merits punishment?

I dunno, it just feels like it's being taken too far in some cases.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:

Hey!, They were all willing participants......

I think :runforthehills:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Indeed. And I'm finding it increasingly disturbing.

First, let me just say that I'm not okay with rape or unwanted touching, or truly inappropriate behavior. Let all those bastards who've done those things get called out, and face the music. I have no issues with that.

However, two aspects of this "trend" are bothering me:

1) Simple allegations seem to be enough to convict people in the public court of opinion. For example, in one of the articles above, it says that Roy Moore was accused today of doing something inappropriate 38 years ago. And today, THE SAME DAY, folks like John McCain are saying that he needs to step aside. WTF? OK, I understand that he'll probably never actually get tried in a real court for this alleged misdeed, but can't we wait for some actual facts??

2) Things that I consider to be normal courtship rituals or simply tasteless comments have suddenly become crimes or near-crimes. I worry that we're getting so PC that soon you won't be able to flirt . . . I guess we'll all just need to have arranged marriages.

For example, I heard a story on NPR the other day. A woman went to a conference, and after one of the speeches she approached the speaker to talk to him. He turned to her and said, "Would you like to come to my hotel room tonight?". She was very upset by this, and some years later she was able to prevent him from getting an executive job at her company (Citibank, I think?). So . . . I get it, the guy was a tasteless douche, but is that really "inappropriate" behavior that merits punishment?

I dunno, it just feels like it's being taken too far in some cases.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The term "harassment" has become too broad. I saw one story where people were talking about how cat calls were harassment. Yes, if a fellow employee is hooting at you or loudly complimenting your knockers (this never happens to me, by the way :ROFLMAO: ) then that almost certainly qualifies as harassment and it needs to be stopped. But if you're walking down the street and some stranger whistles at you, that is NOT harassment. Crass? Possibly. Bad manners? Also maybe yes. A dating strategy with a poor success rate? Geez, I hope so. But harassment? Absurd. Honestly, I would put that under the banner of protected free speech. The target is clear (hot babe) and the message is also pretty plain ("you're a hot babe"). Assuming there's no touching or other sort of physical interference involved, then none of that is harassment. Now, if a guy follows you for 4 blocks whooping it up and making you wonder if he's going to suddenly reach out and grab you, that might be crossing the line.

To be clear, I'm not giving the true pervs out there a pass. If you pin someone against the wall of an elevator and jizz into the potted plant next to them, you had damn well better know they're on board with that behavior. Hint: almost no one is on board with that behavior. If you've made someone legitimately concerned for their safety or the safety of their loved ones, or you've made them feel their livelihood is at risk if they don't go along with whatever plan you've concocted, then you deserve a throat punching that doesn't quit.

I also agree that allegations aren't evidence. Lots of allegations aren't evidence. Until some actual evidence comes to light, then innocent 'til proven guilty, right? Of course, we live in a state that's happy to strip you of your 2A rights on allegations alone, so what the fuck do I know.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
dreadi wrote:

Hey!, They were all willing participants......

I think :runforthehills:

As long as you’re not grabbing the junk in the trunk I think you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How's that old saying go?
'The more she drinks, the better I look'.
:wink05:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thing is with Ed Murray, he doesn't look like a gay ass pervert at all. Not a bit. Not even a little.

No, the first time I saw the guy his whole persona screamed "love some butt sex with minor males" - but I guess we aren't supposed to notice this or discuss "patterns" in 2017. Anything that adults do behind closed doors and all.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Pablo wrote:
Thing is with Ed Murray, he doesn't look like a gay ass pervert at all. Not a bit. Not even a little.

No, the first time I saw the guy his whole persona screamed "love some butt sex with minor males" - but I guess we aren't supposed to notice this or discuss "patterns" in 2017. Anything that adults do behind closed doors and all.

Hey now....not everyone is OK entry through the poop-shoot. Even if they only have 2:3 orifices when compared to the other sex. :bigsmile:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Hey now....not everyone is OK entry through the poop-shoot. Even if they only have 2:3 orifices when compared to the other sex. :bigsmile:

Uhh, My GF's daughter is a Med. Doctor.

She says she sees/fixes guys that get things stuck up orifice #3.

To be fair I Havent heard a story about a match box car, light bulb or rodent shoved up one....yet.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Uhh, My GF's daughter is a Med. Doctor.

She says she sees/fixes guys that get things stuck up orifice #3.

To be fair I Havent heard a story about a match box car, light bulb or rodent shoved up one....yet.

No pictures?
Fail.
:ROFLMAO:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Heard on the radio this morning that the Music industry has the same problem....

Cant remember the rock singers name that said it but here's a article by of all people Tom Jones.

http://people.com/music/tom-jones-sexua ... -industry/

I find this part of the interview disturbing....

Quote:
He added: “There’s always been that element there that people with power sometimes abuse it, but they don’t all abuse it, there are good people. … Justice will out. If you’ve done something wrong, you’ve got to pay for it, or prove that you haven’t done anything wrong.

Really ?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Social media is the new incarnation of a wild mob. Things are going to get worse.

Rape should be punished, but waiting decades and making accusations that are impossible to prove is a double edged sword.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Actually, its a single edge sword.

The alleged victim is praised for coming out and the accused is ruined....there's no possible way the accused can prove his innocence.

Like Louis C K ....His new movie was cancelled....immediately. He looses tons of money and his name is besmirched.

How the hell is he supposed to prove it didn't happen.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 429 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next