Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
 Sex Harassment list 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
That makes 3 for Franken now. But he's still a "good guy" right?

Nope. He's a creepy idiot who can't keep his hands to hiimself. He's toast now.

But I still havent heard of any 14 year old girls accusing him of anything.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

None of the 3 against Franken are accusations. They are absolutely proven by physical evidence and one even admitted to.

Where is the physical evidence and/or admission on Moore? Oh that's right there is none. Maybe Moore is dirty, but it's possible he's not. Franken on the other hand is absolutely guilty by both physical evidence and his own admission.

Also, Franken refuses to resign. Maybe before McConnell gets excited about the prospect of ejecting Moore from the Senate he should think about the one confirmed sexual assailant already there...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:
None of the 3 against Franken are accusations. They are absolutely proven by physical evidence and one even admitted to.

You're more informed on the news than I am. I assume political motivations for both sides equally, and also assume that MSM treats those accused on the Right Wing rougher than those accused on the Left Wing.

My radar pings when a person assumes guilt or innocence more easily based on the political leanings of the parties involved. To my limited reading you seem to do that.

Random thoughts:
Franken sounds like a real piece of work. So does Moore. So does Trump. So do 150 million other people in the USA. I try to assume innocence until and unless the evidence becomes overwhelming. I am still unconvinced that ANY prosecutor would try to prosecute Franken based on the photo and story/ apology. I'd appreciate clear explanations.

Basically, my resistance comes down to seeing what I perceive as double standards. If a D is accused, bring out the blowtorches and pliers.
If an R is accused, "no evidence" or other exculpatory reasoning.
I don't know if JB was mocking me after I said something to the effect that I'd be happy to see an anti-2A politician removed even if it was unfair, but I stand by that. Any politician anti-2A being drug down like a wildebeest on the African plains and devoured in public view is a good day. For now. I try to remember that tables turn frequently.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not being combative or deriding your statement/opinion, so this is a genuine question:

Given the photograph and apology (ies) what further "proof" would you require?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Franken has two. What was the middle one?

WhataboutBiden?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
I'm not being combative or deriding your statement/opinion, so this is a genuine question:

Given the photograph and apology (ies) what further "proof" would you require?

Was that for me Jim?
The allegations that I question are the criminal element. Nothing more.

I think he's a creep. The photo shows what JB called Tomfoolery in my dumb country boy opinion.
Sexual assault is a super tricky area of the law, isn't it? The accusations can be horrific even without prosecution. About a mile down the road from my childhood home a man was accused of sexual abuse by his grown daughter... He took a couple of weeks to think things over then placed a pistol in his mouth and put an end to his involvement in the case.

Here's the thing. The daughter was a, ah, less than stellar member of the community. So that planted a seed in my young mind- was she telling the truth? That simple accusation was so awful for her father that he checked out permanently.
We can argue about whether the daughter became a drug user because she was abused, or whether the father killed himself because of the guilt he felt.
Well, I know many kids from my youth who abused drugs who had excellent parents. so... Nix that as proof.
I know many adults who are or have been terribly depressed... Would a false accusation made by someone who is the most beloved in a father's life push him over to end it?
One thing is for sure... An accusation against a man that is credible for any reason will forever stain the man's life. Believable does not mean proven.
I do not know how to balance victims' and accuseds' rights perfectly... Because I think there is no way to be perfect. So I am cautious.
I am certainly wrong about many things. :cheers2:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

Where is the physical evidence and/or admission on Moore? Oh that's right there is none. Maybe Moore is dirty, but it's possible he's not. Franken on the other hand is absolutely guilty by both physical evidence and his own admission.

Also, Franken refuses to resign. Maybe before McConnell gets excited about the prospect of ejecting Moore from the Senate he should think about the one confirmed sexual assailant already there...

Settle down Beavis...Physical evidence? Consisiting of what exactly? A photo that may or may not show actual touching?

Your zeal to divert attention from Moore is pure WHATABOUTERY. It's the same whataboutery you use to constantly bring up Hillary when anyone mentions the Russia investigation. It's a bullshit tact that was perfected my the Russians. Google whataboutitsm. It's what you do all the time.

And for the love of God stop equating a hand grab or touch with child molestation or rape. It shows a total lack of perspective.

Franken should resign. But not because he is a sex offender. He is someone who doesn't know anything about respect for women or personal space. Perspective once again. He didnt jerk off or show his dick or accost underage girls.

Get him out and replace him with a 2A friendly senator. But stop with the wild bullshit.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the umpteenth time, how about less insults and more physical proof against Moore?

Oh that's right, there is none. So keep up the insults, that's surely distracting from the weakness of your argument.
:facepalm2:

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

WhataboutBiden?

Joy Behar.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:

WhataboutBiden?

Is there some news about Biden? He seems like a walking talking joke of a man.
There are so many people that are elected to be "our" representatives that are miles distant from what I would call worthy...
Many people suck at life, and the representation at both local and national levels showcases that. Jesus, what a shitshow those folks can be.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Pablo wrote:

WhataboutBiden?

Is there some news about Biden? He seems like a walking talking joke of a man.
There are so many people that are elected to be "our" representatives that are miles distant from what I would call worthy...
Many people suck at life, and the representation at both local and national levels showcases that. Jesus, what a shitshow those folks can be.

Biden just about pleasured himself hugging some wife or actual Obama appointee several years back. Needs more publicity. And A complaint.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Pablo wrote:

WhataboutBiden?

Joy Behar.

That's a dude.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am

Hasnt the woman that accused Moore taken it back?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
For the umpteenth time, how about less insults and more physical proof against Moore?

Oh that's right, there is none. So keep up the insults, that's surely distracting from the weakness of your argument.
:facepalm2:

How about less politicizing of the issue of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior? That's all it is to you, and people LIKE you.
It is a serious issue that has been turned into a weapon of politics.

If you dismiss the allegations against Moore so easily, it means one of two things. Either you think all those women are lying, even though not one of them wants money, or you think it's just fine for a man in his 30's to troll high schools and malls for underage girls.

Oh, but JB.....there is not HARD evidence......so what? Just dismiss it without investigating? Yeah, uh huh. Is that what you want? Get Moore out of there now. He is going to lose to a democrat. See? That's the risk here. I have no doubt in my mind that he perved on underage girls. I know Alabama. It's a thing down there.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Hasnt the woman that accused Moore taken it back?

There's something like 9 or 10 of them.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next