Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Kent shooting: breaking 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I'm seeing on TV... ATF was setting up a couple of guys in a sting, Undercover, that were selling the illegal guns in Kent. One suspect tried to rob the ATF agent and rifles came out and he was shot as the other suspect got out of the car ran across 99 and got hit by another car.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All's well that ends well?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love happy endings.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least those 2 won't be having kids.
When they were turning their lives around they thought it was 360 not 180.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police- ... /627706337
Quote:
KENT, Wash. - Two suspects were injured after a shootout with undercover officers in Kent Friday night.

Shots were exchanged in a Lowe's parking lot.

Officials said Friday there was an ATF operation underway, joint with local and federal law enforcement members.

Police said undercover officers had arranged to buy illegal guns from a seller.

The suspects tried to rob the undercover officers during the arranged sale.

Police units were on the scene around 6:30 p.m.

Puget Sound fire said one suspect was taken to a hospital in critical condition.

Another suspect was injured after fleeing and being struck by a car.

All of the involved officers are OK.

So, wait, bad guys aren't following I594?

Also note that the ATF is conducting stings on gun sales...

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police-respond-to-officer-involved-shooting-in-kent/627706337
Quote:
KENT, Wash. - Two suspects were injured after a shootout with undercover officers in Kent Friday night.

Shots were exchanged in a Lowe's parking lot.

Officials said Friday there was an ATF operation underway, joint with local and federal law enforcement members.

Police said undercover officers had arranged to buy illegal guns from a seller.

The suspects tried to rob the undercover officers during the arranged sale.

Police units were on the scene around 6:30 p.m.

Puget Sound fire said one suspect was taken to a hospital in critical condition.

Another suspect was injured after fleeing and being struck by a car.

All of the involved officers are OK.

So, wait, bad guys aren't following I594?

Also note that the ATF is conducting stings on gun sales...

I noticed that too. Are they targeting people not following 594 or were they illegal for other reasons?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Are they targeting people not following 594 or were they illegal for other reasons?

594 is a state law - not ATF's jurisdiction. They're probably busting these guys for selling without a federal license.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 pm

So why did the atf set this up at a lowes and not somewhere safer for the public? Seems pretty damn stupid to do a "gun sale" with someone that they know did something illegal or has something illegal. If they set the person up why don't they just get a warrant? Fuck the atf!!! Yes I know you dumb fucks can see this.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya for some reason Im thinking this is just a taaaaad bit more than two normal guys trading guns post 594.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Are they targeting people not following 594 or were they illegal for other reasons?

594 is a state law - not ATF's jurisdiction. They're probably busting these guys for selling without a federal license.

Quote:

Perhaps, but crimes are not mutually exclusive. Could be overlapping crimes, selling without a license is federal and maybe state (tax evasion, operating without a business license), interstate trafficking is federal and local, and not complying with 594 is local.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
So why did the atf set this up at a lowes and not somewhere safer for the public? Seems pretty damn stupid to do a "gun sale" with someone that they know did something illegal or has something illegal. If they set the person up why don't they just get a warrant? Fuck the atf!!! Yes I know you dumb fucks can see this.

Yup. This is fucked. Don't endanger the public. What if one of us sees guns come out and draws to protect ourselves/our family and the ATF ends up shooting a lawfully armed citizen because they decided to turn a Lowe's parking lot into the OK fucking corral? Unbelievable disregard for public safety! Ban ATF's!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im at that Lowes probably three times a week, and that area is a complete shithole. People openly selling drugs, girls looking for dates walking around the short term hotels, its entirely fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys lived right around there and wanted to keep close to home. The guys setting up the deal might not have had a choice.

side note: This is right where the new Dicks restaurant is going. :AR15firing:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Because criminals can probably smell a trap. I surmise that if the LEOs suggested meeting at the police station, or in a vacant lot so nobody gets shot, the ruse would have been smoked out... :ROFLMAO:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Im at that Lowes probably three times a week, and that area is a complete shithole. People openly selling drugs, girls looking for dates walking around the short term hotels, its entirely fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys lived right around there and wanted to keep close to home. The guys setting up the deal might not have had a choice.

side note: This is right where the new Dicks restaurant is going. :AR15firing:

Kent was turning into a shithole when I moved here in 1979.
First white trash flushed this community down the toilet and then minorities gave it a Coup de gras.
It was such a wonderful bedroom community in the 60's and 70's.... :(

These cities/communities are 'recoverable', a big police presence and conservative politicians can turn a community around.
And tough judges.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Friends of mine recently bought a house about a 3 minute drive down the hill west of there. Waterfront property, beautiful $2 million dollar home, less than 5 minutes from a complete shit hole. Awesome.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next