Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 News source Venn diagram and it's backstory 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's the diagram:

Here's the back story by the lady who created it. Long, but well worth the read.

http://www.allgeneralizationsarefalse.c ... the-chart/

I've used this chart to help figure out what's BS and what's generally reliable. Now when I roll my eyes back into my head so hard they clatter when one of you guys cite stuff from the bottom tier, you'll know why.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That chart says CNN is neutral. lol

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
That chart says CNN is neutral. lol

:yes:

She missed the mark bigtime on that one.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That "chart" has liberal bias in itself. Centering CNN is just the start of it. ABC/NPR etc are pretty much in the Democrat pocket. Look how they covered Obama. Nothing but furry softballs at best. Fox will cover actual true things, the others (purposely?) omit. The sin of omission is pretty nasty.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay I've fixed the chart:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you guys read the associated article that she wrote about her methodology? She specifically addresses her own biases and how she tried to account for them, and her agreement that some of the placements could be adjusted, but that wasn't her intent. Her intent was to create an easily digestible chart that gives people a place to start when they're questioning the veracity of the news from various sources. If you haven't read the article, you're missing some good analysis.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fixed the title of the thread for you

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
The Washington Post is minimal partisan bias....

Let's see what my minions have to say:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the fact we even need a chart tells me journalism is dead

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vox and Slate are high-class news sources? GTFOH.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

News flash. This chart is garbage.

NPR, BBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and the others in the "center" are totally in the tank liberal. Don't believe me go watch a montoge of the 2016 election. 100% of the commenators on all those "center" "news" medias looked like they were going to throw up when Trump was winning.

Shift everything over left about 2-4 columns.

In the last few years, and this year especially, I basically stopped watching the news and only get a few pieces here and there and view it all with deep skepticism. I'd say about 95% is liberal propaghana with only a few honest brokers like Tucker Carlson.

As for "news" I'd put infowars as propaganda like the others but without the long-term credibility of a CNN or CBS. These latter ones are just as bad, but they have an "aire" of credibility among the masses.

delliottg wrote:
Here's the diagram:

Here's the back story by the lady who created it. Long, but well worth the read.

http://www.allgeneralizationsarefalse.c ... the-chart/

I've used this chart to help figure out what's BS and what's generally reliable. Now when I roll my eyes back into my head so hard they clatter when one of you guys cite stuff from the bottom tier, you'll know why.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Shift everything over left about 4 columns.

What do you think of my modified version?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agree that the chart is garbage. The article is garbage too as the author ignores the huge leaks about those media businesses and their DNC contacts and connections in 2016.

NYT and WAPO gave the Hillary campaign veto power over stories. Anyone who claims they are neutral is ignoring this.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]