Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Another Workplace shooting - 3 dead in Maryland 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Radee Labeeb Prince

Who the hell names their kids like this?
Shameful.

'Radee Labeeb Prince' was supposed to be named 'Randy Landon Prichard' but his mom was running low on Scrabble tiles and made due with what she had.

His younger sister 'Bsc Aq Frd' fared much worse.

Your most Awesomest post ever. :bow:

Divided we fall.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too bad Maryland doesn't allow easily obtained concealed carry permits.

I see the state failures here as criminally part of the reason for these deaths. They deny residents gun rights, carry rights, and then won't lock up violent criminals. Such a shame.

Some people would likely be alive today if the state was more responsible.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Maryland.... uber tough gun laws.... no surprise... gun laws don't work.

....and apparently, neither does the law against murder.....I know, let's write MORE laws!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"In March 2015, he was charged by the Cecil County Sheriff’s Office with having a handgun in a vehicle, illegal possession of a firearm, illegal possession of ammo, all misdemeanors, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, which is itself a felony. It is not clear what his previous felony conviction was for. Like the traffic cases, prosecutors declined to pursue the case in June 2015."

"According to court documents, Prince was convicted of 15 counts of third-degree burglary in Delaware in December 2003, according to court records. He was sentenced to serve 2 years in prison of a 25-year sentence, along with 2 years of probation. He was also ordered to pay $34,500 in restitution to the burglary victims. He was later charged multiple times with violating his probation and eventually sentenced in 2006 to serve an additional year in prison for not paying his restitution, violating a court-ordered curfew and failing to check in with his probation officer."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/radee-labee-prince-suspect-age-photo/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Maryland.... uber tough gun laws.... no surprise... gun laws don't work.

....and apparently, neither does the law against murder.....I know, let's write MORE laws!

Yeah, we need murder control laws. :frust:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Want to cut down gun violence? Prohibit the passage of any more gun regulations. In place of them make "three strikes" apply to ALL felonies.

Lock em up and you don't need to worry if they'll get their hands on a firearm from a disreputable gun dealer, black market, steal it, or be given it by a friend.

How can anyone look at this incident, his 15 previous felonies, and try and blame "weak gun laws".

We do not have a gun problem, we clearly have a criminal problem that is being ignored by our courts.

Maybe it's time to take some of the vast federal land in Nevada and turn it into a huge penal colony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Maybe it's time to take some of the vast federal land in Nevada and turn it into a huge penal colony.

:yes: I would be the first person to donate to the gofundme account for that idea.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
In place of them make "three strikes" apply to ALL felonies.

A guy comes back from Peru with a couple lobsters he caught, after getting his Peruvian fishing license and clearing the 'catch' with Peruvian authorities.

He goes through U.S. Customs, proud that he'd got some 'rare' lobster for his family to try...

He declares the lobster, and is immediately arrested for 4 felony counts (the # of lobsters he has) of attempting to import an unlawful object, unlawful transport of an endangered species, and importation of endangered species without a permit... 12 felonies in all...

The U.S. has the lobster on the endangered species list, but Peru doesn't, so it was 100% legal in Peru...

He should spend life in prison?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://mic.com/articles/86797/8-ways-w ... .Cf7avyWo7

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

A guy comes back from Peru with a couple lobsters he caught, after getting his Peruvian fishing license and clearing the 'catch' with Peruvian authorities.

He goes through U.S. Customs, proud that he'd got some 'rare' lobster for his family to try...

He declares the lobster, and is immediately arrested for 4 felony counts (the # of lobsters he has) of attempting to import an unlawful object, unlawful transport of an endangered species, and importation of endangered species without a permit... 12 felonies in all...

The U.S. has the lobster on the endangered species list, but Peru doesn't, so it was 100% legal in Peru...

I was told by a judge that ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law. How you are supposed to know every law is beyond me, but now days a person needs to do research first before taking chances. We are all quilty until we can prove we are innocent.

Welcome to the land of too much government.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

One example doesn’t discount the need for a three strikes law. It just shows some items will need to be considered.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to revamp our judicial system in so many ways.

For instance, the distinction of misdemeanor and felony is really no longer sufficient. We need a term for violent felonies (there are A, B, C etc. or I, II, III, etc.).

Anyway, I'm all for the 3 strikes law resulting in life in prison for the most serious of felony convictions.

Those would be generally speaking the types that directly cause serious harm to another human, or the theft or attempted theft of over $100,000 (or some other agreeable figure that represents very serious conduct). And it would have to be separate instances, not 5 felonies in one event, for instance.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:25 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

scorpion rider wrote:
We are all quilty until we can prove we are innocent.

This guy is especially quilty!!!

Book 'em Danno!!!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lol, sinus, your humor is as mystical as your user name.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
We need to revamp our judicial system in so many ways.

For instance, the distinction of misdemeanor and felony is really no longer sufficient. We need a term for violent felonies (there are A, B, C etc. or I, II, III, etc.).

Anyway, I'm all for the 3 strikes law resulting in life in prison for the most serious of felony convictions.

Those would be generally speaking the types that directly cause serious harm to another human, or the theft or attempted theft of over $100,000 (or some other agreeable figure that represents very serious conduct). And it would have to be separate instances, not 5 felonies in one event, for instance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next