Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 leftists now complain about body cameras 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Proof that you're 'racist' if you do and 'racist' if you don't..

The same groups of people demanding body cameras be worn by police are now complaining because officers can review the video when writinf a report, or to check for any offenses that they missed, and are now claiming it's a privacy issue...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23740/rem ... nk-berrien

From the 'report'...

Quote:
Unrestricted footage review creates an illusion of accuracy because it produces a false impression about how much officers actually remember about an incident. It makes officers’ memories appear to be more accurate, and thus more credible, than the memories of other eyewitnesses — which can distort how an independent factfinder, like a judge or a jury, might understand how an incident truly unfolded. In the worst cases, because of the inherent limits of body-worn cameras, unrestricted footage review allows officers to square their version of events to the footage, and potentially create false beliefs about what actually happened.

Yup. Camera footage might 'distort....how an incident truly unfolded'.... And '... Create false beliefs about what actually happened'...

I'm thinking they just want to complain.

In before they declare cameras 'racist' because they catch minorities committing crimes...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty much saw that coming. You are correct, leftists claim they know what is fair at a drop of a hat, and reserve the right to change their ruling. Same category as the muzzle loaded silencer ban.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Unrestricted footage review creates an illusion of accuracy because it produces a false impression about how much officers actually remember about an incident. It makes officers’ memories appear to be more accurate, and thus more credible, than the memories of other eyewitnesses — which can distort how an independent factfinder, like a judge or a jury, might understand how an incident truly unfolded. In the worst cases, because of the inherent limits of body-worn cameras, unrestricted footage review allows officers to square their version of events to the footage, and potentially create false beliefs about what actually happened.

In reviewing the video, their memory has been refreshed.

Making their memory of the incident... IN FACT, better than it would have been without reviewing the video..

When the LEO reviews the video, they have improved their memory. Their memory IS more accurate.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can come up with a few more ways to say the same thing. LOL

Their REAL complaint is that they get away with less. They get punished now, for more of the things they actually DO... than they would if the video hadn't been reviewed.

"It's just not FAIR that I got arrested for hitting that guy in the head with a bicycle lock. If they hadn't reviewed the video, they wouldn't even know who I was!"

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol!

They want officers held accountable for any laws they break that are shown on the body cam, but THEY, themselves, don't want to be.

Typical progressive perspective....so quick to enact a new law, while never researching the unintended consequences....

Kind of like taking away car lanes and parking in Seattle, and now new restaurants are closing after a year, and with people driving less, there's less gas tax revenue....

Exponentially multiplied dumbshitedness :cheers2:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm

There is only one legitimate complaint I've heard against body cams, and it was from a cop.
It is about privacy. Right now, most everything becomes a matter of public record... sort of... maybe. There isn't any law about it and what is sealed or not available to the general public.
Not the stuff that is pretty obvious like an officer involved shooting, but let's say someone calls the police on you for whatever reason. He shows up, and everything visible when you open the door is now on camera. Including your kids and whatever valuables you have.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]