Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 The Sports Haters Thread...General Sports Trash Talk 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marshawn Lynch...He fits right in in California. I find it hard to have any respect or civility for a guy like this...regardless of his talent on the field.

:thumbsdown:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marshawn-l ... 24734.html

-- Travis A Kisner

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree...

I also suspect that the league, desirous of expanding the franchises world wide, put some extra pressure on him to not draw the ire of a potential foreign market.

Go Trump!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trump wants him fired. That's enough for me.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:

His actions aren't about Trump...Lynch is a douche...

-- Travis A Kisner

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm so happy that Lynch was denied a game winning simple touchdown scamper a few years back in the Super Bowl. I smile every time I look at that stupid play call, and Wilson's INT on the goal line, with Lynch helplessly doing nothing...

I hope he cries himself to his wet bed every night. :rofl9:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's hilarious the NFL has just taken a beating in ratings and money this year. Near daily articles about how much the whole league blows. And now their tax except status has been scrutinized and due to their own moronic behavior it's about to go bye-bye...

What a great year! I absolutely LOVE TRUMP. :bow: Kickin' azz... he took the fight to the NFL and the NFL is losing, big time. :bruce:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I'm so happy that Lynch was denied a game winning simple touchdown scamper a few years back in the Super Bowl. I smile every time I look at that stupid play call, and Wilson's INT on the goal line, with Lynch helplessly doing nothing...

I hope he cries himself to his wet bed every night. :rofl9:

At least you posted in the correct thread this time. You must still be carrying your ass in your hand since having it handed to you in the other topic.

Lynch is a clown. He's no longer relevant to anyone but Oakland.

Trump needs to find something he's good at, and stick to it. It's not his job to say who gets fired on the NFL. It's not the Apprentice.

As as far as saying that he was "denied" a touchdown, that just shows your lack of knowledge about the game and football in general.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:

His actions aren't about Trump...Lynch is a douche...

I was being sarcastic. Trump has no business butting into how someone runs their business. The NFL is a business, not the Aprentice.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taken a beating in money?

As usual, you're clueless......

They made more than $13 Billion in 2016.

Revenue is up over $900 million this year, and they will make over $14 Billion this year.

You're like the liberals, you think if you speak your hate into existence, that somehow makes it true.

You need to stop believing everything you think.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh that's right, he has me blocked and won't see that.

Oh well, even better ! :ROFLMAO:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Taken a beating in money?

As usual, you're clueless......

They made more than $13 Billion in 2016.

Revenue is up over $900 million this year, and they will make over $14 Billion this year.

You're like the liberals, you think if you speak your hate into existence, that somehow makes it true.

You need to stop believing everything you think.

It's OK. We all know he is clueless about most anything, especially sports.

The NFL isn't goin anywhere. It experiences up and downs. It's a pattern. the NFL has fully embraced the military this last week, with many great ceremonies and events. If he'd care to look into that, he's see that the pattern of respect for the military has always been there, and the protests had nothing to do with them. But it gives him something to yammer on about.

Objection overruled.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll refrain from the name calling which the NFL fanatics here love to engage in.

Instead, they're just once again flat wrong. 20% ratings decline and TV partners losing hundreds of millions this year spells big trouble for the NFL.

The NFL was PROJECTED back in March to bring in $14 billion in 2017, months before the season started. This was based on complex long term contracts and paid in complex payments from a host of sources. And guess what, that's exactly what has happened. Unless they were fortune tellers, here's their predictions preseason.

Here's a trusted business article that proves it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelze ... n-in-2016/
Quote:
NFL revenue reaches $14B, fueled by media
By Daniel Kaplan, Staff Writer
The NFL will take in roughly $14 billion of revenue this season, over $900 million more than last year.

Increased media payments, a new “Thursday Night Football” package, and the opening of the new U.S. Bank Stadium in Minnesota all contributed to the increase.

And in spite of tanking ratings, those complex pre-paid contracts and such still kick in. Even thought the NFL is taking a pounding hemorrhaging fans.

Five days ago, it was reported that NFL partners are losing $500,000,000 this year. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl- ... s-decline/
Quote:
NFL TV Partners Set To Lose Up To $500 Million On Ratings Decline
Posted on November 16, 2017 by Clay Travis

NFL, TV partners at CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC are staring at their own internal conflicts — namely a substantial decline in NFL ratings that is on pace to cost the four networks up to $500 million in lost revenue.

Already several hundred million in lost revenue has been booked in 2017 and it has the league’s top executives and television partners scrambling to figure out what went wrong. How did a league that was setting ratings records in 2015 suddenly see its audience fall by nearly 20% just two years later.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a crock of shit. These are figures extrapolated and used for someone's axe that they grind.

Hemorraging fans, my ass. Every game I've watched has been a full stadium. Bars still pack em in. People still have watching parties.

The NFL isn't going anywhere. I am truly sorry that you think soccer is a real sport, and that somewhere, sometime, somebody made fun of the way you throw a football.

Objection overruled.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan, now I know you are dyslexic. This is the SPORTS HATERS thread.

Y'all think you are in the SPORTS LOVERS thread.

I get it, sports fans are teaple poo.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm not nearly drunk enough for this thread. Be back in an hour.....

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next