Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 8 year old football players kneel during national anthem 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
sreyemj wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
None of this kneeling offends or upsets me. I wouldn't do it, but I have no causes that would benefit from it

It bothers me, this country will only survive if the people who live here understand how special it is. This trend tells me they don't.

This trend tells me they do, by understanding that they have the right to do this. The constitution is what makes this country special.

rights have NOTHING to do with this....it is about RESPECT

Then respect the constitution! Rights have everything to do with this.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It may be and is their "right" to kneel, sit or lay on the ground and do the funky chicken if they choose during the anthem...BUT just because it is their right doesn't make it right. The respect angle of this is HUGE to me. Especially concerning those of you HERE who have served, are serving or have family or friends that have served and those who have lost dear ones while serving. :patriot:

I get that is their "right"...but the lack of respect that is being taught or shown to our flag, country, citizens and especially veterans is just another example of the moral decay that is prevalent in our society. The constitution isn't gonna mean jack shit when this country doesn't exist anymore as we know it now.

And the moral compass of the "8" year olds that are kneeling is the direction that this country will be taking. :frust:

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
It may be and is their "right" to kneel, sit or lay on the ground and do the funky chicken if they choose during the anthem...BUT just because it is their right doesn't make it right. The respect angle of this is HUGE to me. Especially concerning those of you HERE who have served, are serving or have family or friends that have served and those who have lost dear ones while serving. :patriot:

I have done all of those things. I respect the way you see it, but I don't see it like that.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duke EB wrote:
foothills wrote:

I have done all of those things. I respect the way you see it, but I don't see it like that.

I know you have from your previous posts and threads. And I appreciate and RESPECT your service...And I RESPECT your difference of view. Doesn't change the fact that I am totally baffled by your complacence in the lack of respect that is shown to your flag, country and fellow veterans.

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
foothills wrote:

I know you have from your previous posts and threads. And I appreciate and RESPECT your service...And I RESPECT your difference of view. Doesn't change the fact that I am totally baffled by your complacence in the lack of respect that is shown to your flag, country and fellow veterans.

Maybe we can talk about it over a beer one day :cheers2:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm

foothills wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
foothills wrote:

I have friends that the last thing they saw was a shitty village or staring out of a humvee in Afghanistan. I fly a flag, but I don't care if people don't salute the flag. At then end of the day when you break it down it's just fabric. We arnt required to stand for it, this isn't north Korea we don't have to have pictures of former dear leaders up and have to worship them. We free to do as we wish.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I have friends that the last thing they saw was a shitty village or staring out of a humvee in Afghanistan. I fly a flag, but I don't care if people don't salute the flag. At then end of the day when you break it down it's just fabric. We arnt required to stand for it, this isn't north Korea we don't have to have pictures of former dear leaders up and have to worship them. We free to do as we wish.

You are correct...the flag is just a piece of fabric in reality. But what it represents is anything but.

The constitution is just a piece of paper...but what it says and represents, is anything but.

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indoctrination before education.

The new Leftist American way.

The quoted 8 year old was as ignorant about the reality as possible.

But it didn't stop him from being quoted by a supposedly adult reporter.

And then the reporter actually printed it as a key part of the story.

Disgusting

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2