Is it okay to punch a Nazi?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 11 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 33

Do you support the 1st Amendment? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perspective.

Rights are not granted. The Bill of Rights doesn't really apply to you and me - It is a list of restrictions upon the power of FedGov. "Congress shall make no law... or abridging the freedom of speech..."

Every time some one says "I have a 1st Amendment Right..." or "I'm excercising my Nth Amendment Right...", they're suggesting that the Right in question is dependent on some paper or government permission. That bothers me! We need to understand, and learn to express, that these rights exist, not because of any document or gov action, but in spite of them.

ETA:
Oh, yeah. And you don't have to be a Nazi to get punched in the head. Lot's of people need to get punched in the head for saying stupid sh!t - just be prepared for the consequences if your the "puncher".

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not legal to punch Nazis for what they say. But it would be fun anyway.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:

My point is that Freedom of Speech.......

This is the problem with much of what you post.

Read your initial post. It's 4 QUESTIONS.

Theres no statement. You've made no point what-so-ever.

Then, you want to argue with people that have missed your point.

You have these dialogs in your head, post part of them on here, and then act like its a cohesive narrative that people can follow.

How about making a statement, backing it up with a video, or a key point, and the letting people respond?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
Perspective.

Rights are not granted. The Bill of Rights doesn't really apply to you and me - It is a list of restrictions upon the power of FedGov. "Congress shall make no law... or abridging the freedom of speech..."

Every time some one says "I have a 1st Amendment Right..." or "I'm excercising my Nth Amendment Right...", they're suggesting that the Right in question is dependent on some paper or government permission. That bothers me! We need to understand, and learn to express, that these rights exist, not because of any document or gov action, but in spite of them.

ETA:
Oh, yeah. And you don't have to be a Nazi to get punched in the head. Lot's of people need to get punched in the head for saying stupid sh!t - just be prepared for the consequences if your the "puncher".

I nominate this for "post of the week". I agree 100%, I had a old guy tell me once that "you get as much justice in this world as you can afford".

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I read the thread topic, an voted yes. Sure as shit I support the first.
Then the good ol bait an switch tactic was thrown in with the little header above vote choice, fucker!
So yes, I support the first, no I do not support punching someone that has differences of yours, but......

Aside from swore an oath an prior service stuff, follow what is written in the Constitution, WHILE UNDERSTANDING OTHERS HAVE THE SAME RIGHT keeps everyone on the same page and safe.
Now, when someone's beliefs, or free speech, interferes with my safety or just going around my daily business, comes the point to react with force.
You want to protest, wave signs an cry then have a blast. Regardless of what you believe in, that is your business, but do not infringe upon mine.
Where not all alike, we all have different ideas so accept that. But do not force your beliefs, by force or intimidation onto others.
Follow the laws as written, and there's no issue.

And......on the same hand.....if our elected officials, all of them, would do their job, this country wouldn't be in the turmoil it's in now.
We're falling faster into the rabbit hole. Not so far into the future, the only acceptable protest that is cheered upon and appluaded, while be violent and destructive while diminishing what our country's father's built.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 am

While I don't 100% agree with the assault I do admire the restraint shown in not putting the boots to the asshat while he was down and out. I hate seeing when that happens.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 am

Freedom from government oppression, not from private parties.
Now as good as it might feel, taking a swing at some moron for being a moron is just as moronic. Words almost never deserve a physical assault in response. Losing a job, losing a customer, sure. A punch to the face... not so much.

But what the hell do I know. I'm not really an American since my mom was an immigrant. Just because I actually swore an oath to defend the Constitution means nothing. I'm not a real American like the Clintons, or Feinstein, or Boxer. So my opinion doesn't really matter.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That dude can wear all the Nazi regalia he wants and he is not a nazi. Just because I have a guitar does not make me a musician.

Probably still needs a solid throat punch but those protocols are long and well established.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For some reason this whole case feels weird to me. It just seems so blatantly outrageous and retarded.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
First amendment protects you from the government, not from me. But the door opens both ways. I bet you if the shoe was on the other foot and some white dude knocked the fuck out of some black dude, the city would already be burning to the ground.

No, the First Amendment protects your personal right to politically express yourself. That is from both government and from private individuals. That doesn't mean that you can't face ramifications for what you say (like being fired or shunned or blacklisted) but it means that you can't get your ass kicked by another individual because they don't agree with your personal beliefs. Using your logic I should be allowed to jack slap every person I don't agree with personally. I'm pretty sure that is still battery.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I argued this same exact point several years ago with my Brother in law who is a corporate Attorney. You have to grasp the Constitution and the Law for what it actually is and not what it is perceived to be. I want my freedoms, you want your freedoms, everybody wants their freedoms for what it is important to them.

Do I support Nazis, NO. Do I support the KKKK (Knights of the Ku Klux Klan), NO. Do I support White Supremacy, NO, Do I support LA Raza, No, DO I support Black Lives Matter, NO. But in order to protect everyone's freedoms, we all collectively have to support our individual rights. We do not have to agree, but understand the rights and support that.

As gun owners, there are many people in this country who would expunge the Second Amendment to the Constitution tomorrow if they could. Point blank. We would all agree on this forum that this is wrong, but to take the 2nd amendment away is someone's opinion.

Recently, some people in Ferguson Missouri decided to exercise their 1st Amendment right to protest until they started looting, fighting, rioting and burning down local businesses. Was that right, no.
Hitting the guy in the video because you do not agree with him, it's wrong.
What if it happens to you?

What if I was at the 2ND Amendment Rally in Olympia, and some people came up to me a clocked me in the face because they do not like guns, would that be right? But we know people in this country hate guns, just as much as they dislike these "Hate Groups".

I will leave this for a minute; Has anyone here on this forum ever been suspended for saying or making a statement to another forum member? Yes
But, these are just words right?

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Yes I know the 1st Amendment means the Government can't limit your speech.

My point is that Freedom of Speech, meaning you have the right to stay and speak your mind without oppression, is one of the founding principals of our country. That includes the rights of a Nazi to spew his hateful words.

The left is now revolting against that freedom, claiming that words are oppressive and must be banned. In this particular instance, somebody attacks somebody else because of their speech.

From the GOVERNMENT... No one has to listen to your shit though. Freedom of Speech does not give you immunity from your words or actions.

Sure it was wrong to punch him out for words, but shit... I mean... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

wklink wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
First amendment protects you from the government, not from me. But the door opens both ways. I bet you if the shoe was on the other foot and some white dude knocked the fuck out of some black dude, the city would already be burning to the ground.

No, the First Amendment protects your personal right to politically express yourself. That is from both government and from private individuals. That doesn't mean that you can't face ramifications for what you say (like being fired or shunned or blacklisted) but it means that you can't get your ass kicked by another individual because they don't agree with your personal beliefs. Using your logic I should be allowed to jack slap every person I don't agree with personally. I'm pretty sure that is still battery.

Cite please. Because no, the first amendment does not protect you from private entities or individuals for judging you for saying stupid shit.

No, it is NOT what protects you from getting your ass kicked. That is what is called... Ramifications.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not to muddy the waters.....but freedom of speech, like all our rights are inalienable and cannot be taken by a government or individual. This does not mean that someone has to provide you a platform or that you have the right to say your piece on private property (that is not your own), but if you choose to say something in public, NO ONE can silence you (with a few exceptions: fire in a crowded theater, inciting a riot, etc).

The 1st Amendment puts restraint on the goverment, who in this case IS the people and because the right existed before the Constitution and the U.S. Government were here, it is yours and always has been.

This is the same as the Second Amendment, although that Amendment has suffered from WAY too much abuse.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2