Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2009 Honda CRV Redline 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
That sucks.

I feel like anyone under warranty has to just play dumb and take it to the dealer. You touch one little thing and it's "oh, sorry you voided your warranty"

I've got a faulty fuel level sender in my Titan. Took it in to the dealership to have a trans flush and mentioned it. The service rep says "oh yeah they're known to be a little problematic on those trucks." So I research it later and there's been a recall. He didn't say "yes there's a recall let me check your VIN." It may or may not be covered on my VIN. It may or may not have already had the recall done and failed again at 81k miles. Either way I'm out of warranty so I'll be dropping the tank to replace the sender unit. Worst part is I have no idea how much gas is in the tank. After 1/2 tank it reads 1/4 tank regardless whether it has 15 gallons or is running on fumes. So I have to guesstimate my mpg to hopefully have only a couple gallons left in the tank so I'm not dropping the tank off a lifted truck with 10 gallons in it. FML.

Dealerships suck.

We got the same recall on our Nissan. It is for real. I kind of tossed the recall to the side with bills and other mail. The next week my wife was on the side of the road out of gas, even though the fuel gauge showed 1/4 tank. Nissan fixed it free of charge.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mark, where did you take it? what years Titan?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a 2008 Nissan Quest. I think we just went to Bellevue Nissan since it was a free fix. The cool thing is the dealership had a printout of everything that needed fixed on the car - which I have "ticked" off a few, like engine mounts, brakes, etc. I'm just getting it prepped for sale. It has been a great vehicle.

Even though Nissan sent the recall, and we set up the appointment - the dealership knew nothing about the recall (wife's account of the situation and long wait while the work was done).

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
It's a 2008 Nissan Quest. I think we just went to Bellevue Nissan since it was a free fix. The cool thing is the dealership had a printout of everything that needed fixed on the car - which I have "ticked" off a few, like engine mounts, brakes, etc. I'm just getting it prepped for sale. It has been a great vehicle.

Even though Nissan sent the recall, and we set up the appointment - the dealership knew nothing about the recall (wife's account of the situation and long wait while the work was done).

Gotcha, I took mine to Korum and they did it literally the next day.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mmalleck wrote:
the dealership knew nothing about the recall

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ill bet the Mfgrs don't program engine operation past a certain rpm saving money on software/programming......

Now that would make way more sense to me than them installing a Safe RPM limiter program...."for the customer".

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dude..... You're out in the woods on this one.
Virtually every damn efi car out there has a rev limiter , and it ain't valve float. Valve float feels NOTHING like a rev limiter.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Yeah well somebody did it to my car. It appeared to backfire....

"Somebody"

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:
Dude..... You're out in the woods on this one.
Virtually every damn efi car out there has a rev limiter , and it ain't valve float. Valve float feels NOTHING like a rev limiter.

I doubt it....the Car Mfgrs like the Gvt. does nothing for free.

If they could save 2 bucks per vehicle and build 7,000,000 vehicles per yr...is plenty of $$$$$

https://www.statista.com/statistics/198 ... ince-1999/

There has to be a reason.

Saving them consumers from them selves for free isn't one of them.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry....no. You're wrong.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:
Sorry....no. You're wrong.

Oh Ok.... :facepalm2:

I explained in depth different reasons why I think there's no such thing on a everyday passenger car...........

I'm one of those guys that kinda needs a teeny bit of proof. Besides a wiki link explaining what a rev limiter was.

I have connections and know people. I will get to the bottom of this.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Yeah well somebody did it to my car. It appeared to backfire....

"Somebody"

:ROFLMAO:

It wasn't me. I was in a chair by the back of the car and got hit with a bunch of smoke.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm kinda surprised you think that. You seem to know your shit.
Google fuel cut Rev limit I'd guess should be plenty.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 am

That is my understanding too -- rev limiter cuts injectors and/or spark to prevent over revving. I've bumped in to the limiter on my 01 Acura CLS a couple of times - just sounds like the engine starts missing -- kinda freaks you out when it happens. My quad has a rev limiter for when reverse is engaged (safety requirement) - same thing - just starts missing and popping (sounds pretty cool).... it can be over ridden if needed tho - ensures maximum damage/carnage.

I've determined long ago that no good comes from driving at redline....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:
I'm kinda surprised you think that. You seem to know your shit.
Google fuel cut Rev limit I'd guess should be plenty.

Well I guess its from the carnage I've seen in the last year and a half from the kids at the local highschool.

One late model BMW, a Toyota Camry and a Subaru WRX last year.

All EFI cars, alll blown up from over rev.

The Camry happened to be a buddy of mine...his kid was seen "on the limiter" doing a "burn out/drift" through an intersection in the rain.

That's why I question it. Pretty good test bench I'd say.

My kid is now graduated going to tech school...and those three were just kids he hung out with...there were stories of other engines expiring.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next