Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2009 Honda CRV Redline 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Rev Limiters :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah what ever....

The limiter is the spring pressure not being strong enough to keep the valve on the seat. Noise you're hearing IS INTAKE AND EXHAUST PRESSURE GOING THE WRONG FREAKING WAY.

You guys are Nuts...

The computer will override some cars that are inadvertently revved up past 2000rpm and not in gear...like when a chick climbs in her Caddy with heals on and engine is running, pressing the gas by mistake....Its in SOME cars and its gotta be a Drive By Wire car though. GM and Ford do this.

But a Rev Limiter????

That's some funny shit.

Ask the buddy of mine at the end of the street what happened when his kid held the throttle down on his wifes 2005 Camry showing all the other knckle heads at High School how his moms Camry had a red line of 6200...

#FakeNews

:rofl9:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:

Yeah what ever....

The limiter is the spring pressure not being strong enough to keep the valve on the seat. Noise you're hearing IS INTAKE AND EXHAUST PRESSURE GOING THE WRONG FREAKING WAY.

You guys are Nuts...

The computer will override some cars that are inadvertently revved up past 2000rpm and not in gear...like when a chick climbs in her Caddy with heals on and engine is running, pressing the gas by mistake....Its in SOME cars and its gotta be a Drive By Wire car though. GM and Ford do this.

But a Rev Limiter????

That's some funny shit.

Ask the buddy of mine at the end of the street what happened when his kid held the throttle down on his wifes 2005 Camry showing all the other knckle heads at High School how his moms Camry had a red line of 6200...

Alright then Mr. Mechanowizard, pop quiz hotshot. Coming down Steven's Pass in the wife's Frod Escape automatic I shift into neutral to let the engine and trans cool down while we coast down the hill. As soon as I shift to neutral the tach pops up to 3700rpm and holds. The engine is not revving. I throttled up in neutral and it took a minute for the engine to catch up to the tach and push it past 3700rpm. It's idling, rolling 70mph and the tach reads 3700rpm.

Why?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Yep....give it a try.

Get back to me when your specific model doesn't have the special rev limiter that no manufacturer would have any reason to install and instead it was Valve Float.

Think of things a little logically.Would Mfgr,s all over the world install gadgets like rev limiters that would never be used by any sane automobile owner just in case your 16yr old wants to do a burn out and fuksitup.....ya know to save money for the mfgr. because they care :ROFLMAO:??????? Heck no!

Or

Ever heard of beehive valve springs?

Ever heard an older v8 run with a broken valve spring running on the dampner? Kinda sounds like a late model Subaru or Toyota engine driven by a knucklehead 16yr old kid.

Lets try another bit of information. The CAFE standards set by the US govt makes it necessary for Mfgrs to build engines as efficient as possible trying to capture every spare ounce of power loss due to friction (Very light tension oil control and compression rings), hydraulic pumping loss(oil at 0w 10 now and the pump driven directly by the crank in the front cover) or valve spring pressure and valve train mass (cam in head, ultralight ROLLER followers if any followers at all......most cams are directly over the valve now. And thats for starters.

Go ahead and just Hang one of those little valves out in the combustion chamber for a fraction of a second too long.....especially with an low pressure beehive valve spring and be rewarded with an unscheduled disassembly. Most Valves wont bend...they snap when hit by a flying piston ....then all hell breaks loose.

Not saying it'll happen every time...maybe some Mfgrs have installed these cool rev limiters....hell I dont know...but I'm not lucky enough to stand on the throttle of anything and it not pop a motor.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
Yep....give it a try.

Get back to me when your specific model doesn't have the special rev limiter that no manufacturer would have any reason to install and instead it was Valve Float.

Think of things a little logically.Would Mfgr,s all over the world install gadgets like rev limiters that would never be used by any sane automobile owner just in case your 16yr old wants to do a burn out and fuksitup.....ya know to save money for the mfgr. because they care :ROFLMAO:??????? Heck no!

Or

Ever heard an older v8 run with a broken valve spring running on the dampner? Kinda sounds like a late model Subaru or Toyota engine driven by a knucklehead 16yr old kid.

Lets try another bit of information. The CAFE standards set by the US govt makes it necessary for Mfgrs to build engines as efficient as possible trying to capture every spare ounce of power loss due to friction (Very light tension oil control and compression rings), hydraulic pumping loss(oil at 0w 10 now and the pump driven directly by the crank in the front cover) or valve spring pressure and valve train mass (cam in head, ultralight ROLLER followers if any followers at all......most cams are directly over the valve now. And thats for starters.

Go ahead and just Hang one of those little valves out in the combustion chamber for a fraction of a second too long.....especially with an low pressure beehive valve spring and be rewarded with an unscheduled disassembly. Most Valves wont bend...they snap when hit by a flying piston ....then all hell breaks loose.

Not saying it'll happen every time...maybe some Mfgrs have installed these cool rev limiters....hell I dont know...but I'm not lucky enough to stand on the throttle of anything and it not pop a motor.

Ever heard of a powertrain warranty fucko? :facepalm2:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Yeah what ever....

You guys are Nuts...

But a Rev Limiter????

That's some funny shit.

Alright then Mr. Mechanowizard, pop quiz hotshot. Coming down Steven's Pass in the wife's Frod Escape automatic I shift into neutral to let the engine and trans cool down while we coast down the hill. As soon as I shift to neutral the tach pops up to 3700rpm and holds. The engine is not revving. I throttled up in neutral and it took a minute for the engine to catch up to the tach and push it past 3700rpm. It's idling, rolling 70mph and the tach reads 3700rpm.

Why?

My guess is you've confused the computer.....it sees wheel speed (at all 4 wheels) and trans output (turbine) speed. Late model cars are completely run by one or many computers. Dash RPM as well. The little white wire is not attached to the negative side of the coil anymore.

It'd be cool to see what the real input rpm from the crank sensor is @ the computer with a scanner when you do this.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:04 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Yep....give it a try.

Or

3yrs 30,000 miles....max.

Id bet they'd blame you for the engine damage if it dropped a valve due to over revving. :thumbsup2:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:06 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Yeah what ever....

You guys are Nuts...

But a Rev Limiter????

That's some funny shit.

Why?

My guess is you've confused the computer.....it sees wheel speed (at all 4 wheels) and trans output (turbine) speed. Late model cars are completely run by one or many computers. Dash RPM as well. The little white wire is not attached to the negative side of the coil anymore.

It'd be cool to see what the real input rpm from the crank sensor is @ the computer with a scanner when you do this.

Guess I'll have to plug in the Matco and take it for a ride

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Yeah what ever....

You guys are Nuts...

But a Rev Limiter????

That's some funny shit.

Why?

Guess I'll have to plug in the Matco and take it for a ride

Yeah, my bet is the leg bone is no longer directly connected to the knee bone.

Only you would know that dropping it in neutral going down hill will cool the tranny off.......most knuckleheads pull over at the rest stop at the top of the hill and shut the car off....boiling tranny fluid out the dipstick tube.

Carbecues happen this way.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Yep....give it a try.

Or

Id bet they'd blame you for the engine damage if it dropped a valve due to over revving. :thumbsup2:

Powertrain warranties starting with Hyundai at 8 years 100k:
https://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/10 ... day-243383

Rev limiters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rev_limiter

I know this is going to come as a shock to you but there are cars that were made after the 1960's :shocked4: :bigsmile: :peep:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:

Yeah, my bet is the leg bone is no longer directly connected to the knee bone.

Only you would know that dropping it in neutral going down hill will cool the tranny off.......most knuckleheads pull over at the rest stop at the top of the hill and shut the car off....boiling tranny fluid out the dipstick tube.

Carbecues happen this way.

Bro, one of the major selling points on the Titan I just bought was the trans temp gauge on the cluster :thumbsup2:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

I'm telling you broheim - my cars have rev limiters - of course I only actually hit them myself in manual transmission cars. Not going to test the theory in ATs. :bigsmile:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Yep....give it a try.

Or

Powertrain warranties starting with Hyundai at 8 years 100k:
https://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/10 ... day-243383

Rev limiters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rev_limiter

I know this is going to come as a shock to you but there are cars that were made after the 1960's :shocked4: :bigsmile: :peep:

Yeah I work on late model shit all day...every day.

Wiki never said which models have and which do not have the famed limiters....roll the dice.

Hundai and Kia have the highest cost maintenance and repairs after the Japanese cars and before the European.

I deal with these assholes monthly....I'm meaning Dealerships in general. I talk for and take on the dealers for the car owner's/my customer. I dont know why but I become their Pro Bono Guy in the know. I literally got in a heated argument, in person, with a service writer at Kia Tacoma last year trying to get them to warranty work they performed on a customer of mine that is a single mom. That bitch writer was totally RUDE wouldn't listen probably because I knew more than she did and would not budge. They did a timing belt/waterpump job on this gals van and it jumped time....something was either left loose by the "Tech" or one of their parts failed . They had this poor gal in the hole so far it didn't pay to tow it out and me fix it for free.. She had to go to family to fund the re-repair.

All dealerships will wiggle out of the Warranty.

Have one great customer drove his new to him 2 yr old, just bought Subaru, to California to take his daughter to college. The car was getting hot in southern Oregon. He pulled into a auto parts store bought some antifreeze to top off the radiator cuz it was low and obviously had a little leak. Delivered her to college and stopped by the Subi dealer in Cali figuring warranty would cover....They said yep it had a head gasket leak...warranty void because the A-Freeze in the engine was not OE specified.

He had to pay full price for repair.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I read this whole thread and literally the only thing I understand is the Emoji's............ :ROFLMAO:

Cereal!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

That sucks.

I feel like anyone under warranty has to just play dumb and take it to the dealer. You touch one little thing and it's "oh, sorry you voided your warranty"

I've got a faulty fuel level sender in my Titan. Took it in to the dealership to have a trans flush and mentioned it. The service rep says "oh yeah they're known to be a little problematic on those trucks." So I research it later and there's been a recall. He didn't say "yes there's a recall let me check your VIN." It may or may not be covered on my VIN. It may or may not have already had the recall done and failed again at 81k miles. Either way I'm out of warranty so I'll be dropping the tank to replace the sender unit. Worst part is I have no idea how much gas is in the tank. After 1/2 tank it reads 1/4 tank regardless whether it has 15 gallons or is running on fumes. So I have to guesstimate my mpg to hopefully have only a couple gallons left in the tank so I'm not dropping the tank off a lifted truck with 10 gallons in it. FML.

Dealerships suck.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hear stories from my cousin in LA who is a service manager for Porsche Audi. One I remember was from a customer who purchased an expensive Porsche Turbo who over reved his engine. They took his engine apart and determined "over rev" as the cause and Porsche wouldn't cover the cost of his $70k engine. No rev limiter on that engine LOL.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next