Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 That's some lazy security guards. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Dead guy sat in his truck for 8 months decomposing in an airport parking lot before they found him.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/ar ... 44011.html

For eight months, while Randy Potter remained missing this year, his family and friends searched for him high and low. They even hired a private investigator to find him.

This weekend, family members said they were shocked and hurt to learn the Lenexa man had apparently been dead the entire time, his body sitting in his truck in a parking lot at Kansas City International Airport from January to September.

Kansas City police found Potter’s body Tuesday when they were alerted to a foul odor coming from the truck. The body was so decomposed that investigators were not able to immediately determine the gender or race, but later identified it as Potter’s and said it appeared he died by suicide.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TSA, can't find a truck in a parking lot... Waddya expect?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if they will charge his estate the parking fee

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Since that's not their job, I don't expect them to be looking.

Parking lots are the realm of the airport police... port authority, sheriff, city police, whomever has jurisdiction there.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Since that's not their job, I don't expect them to be looking.

Parking lots are the realm of the airport police... port authority, sheriff, city police, whomever has jurisdiction there.

Hey, you take your facts ELSEWHERE buddy, how dare you minimize my TSA shit-talking...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Technoweenie is antifacta....

Everybody knows that :whatthe:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Technoweenie is antifacta....

Everybody knows that :whatthe:

I know Chester, he knows I'm just flipping him shit.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder what the parking fee will be for that stay???

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MAN! Am I glad I am not an EMT.

Or a mortician, for that matter...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mythbusters bought a decent 1987 Corvette and let two pig carcasses rot in it for 2 months.
Pigs were reduced to a putrefied mess.
Had an ammonia rain biosphere inside so bad they couldn't breath even with respirators.
Couldn't get the smell out even after removing the interior, sold it for $2,000 to a guy who wanted the engine.

Myth statement Status Notes
...the car's interior will be destroyed. Confirmed When unsealed, the car was full of condensation and maggots, and the upholstery was dirty and disintegrating.

...the car cannot be cleaned up enough to remove the smell completely. Confirmed With the aid of a professional cleaning company, the car was cleaned, but some parts (such as the seats) proved to be beyond the cleaners' abilities, as well as the impracticality of disassembling every part. Adam and Jamie also reasoned that traces of material in the air conditioning system would cause the smell to linger.

...the car cannot be cleaned up enough to be sold. Busted After the smell and failure to start turned away several potential buyers, the MythBusters did find a buyer who was willing to purchase the car for $2,000 and use it for spare parts.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Mythbusters bought a decent 1987 Corvette and let two pig carcasses rot in it for 2 months.
Had an ammonia rain biosphere inside so bad they couldn't breath even with respirators.
Couldn't get the smell out even after removing the interior, sold it for $2,000 to a guy who wanted the engine.

...the car's interior will be destroyed. Confirmed When unsealed, the car was full of condensation and maggots, and the upholstery was dirty and disintegrating.

...the car cannot be cleaned up enough to remove the smell completely. Confirmed With the aid of a professional cleaning company, the car was cleaned, but some parts (such as the seats) proved to be beyond the cleaners' abilities, as well as the impracticality of disassembling every part. Adam and Jamie also reasoned that traces of material in the air conditioning system would cause the smell to linger.

...the car cannot be cleaned up enough to be sold. Busted After the smell and failure to start turned away several potential buyers, the MythBusters did find a buyer who was willing to purchase the car for $2,000 and use it for spare parts.

I've wondered why putrescine was never weaponized for riot control. Good lord it is fantastically awful stuff. 10x worse than skunk.

Reason #478 not to be a cop: dealing with "hey I haven't seen or heard from my neighbor in a while" calls.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:31 am

hkcavalier wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

I've wondered why putrescine was never weaponized for riot control. Good lord it is fantastically awful stuff. 10x worse than skunk.

Reason #478 not to be a cop: dealing with "hey I haven't seen or heard from my neighbor in a while" calls.
X2

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dated a chick who specialized in this kind of clean-up. Lots of crime-scene, hoarders, etc. She described things of this nature. They make a killing in the profession. I'd do it if it weren't for the necessary stifling and extremely hot conditions. Can't wear contacts, and glasses are a no go for that kind of environment.

She'd make $500 bucks a pop for a quick hose down of the backseat of a cop car every time somebody pukes. Bio-hazard dontcha know!

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
I dated a chick who specialized in this kind of clean-up. Lots of crime-scene, hoarders, etc. She described things of this nature. They make a killing in the profession. I'd do it if it weren't for the necessary stifling and extremely hot conditions. Can't wear contacts, and glasses are a no go for that kind of environment.

She'd make $500 bucks a pop for a quick hose down of the backseat of a cop car every time somebody pukes. Bio-hazard dontcha know!

I can handle the sight of this kind of stuff, it's the smell. I'd have to wear a plague mask filled with anise, lavender, and Vicks Vapo Rub.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
RockHopper wrote:

I can handle the sight of this kind of stuff, it's the smell. I'd have to wear a plague mask filled with anise, lavender, and Vicks Vapo Rub.

Even at that, mine would also soon be filled with puke.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next