Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 King County Sheriff Deputy assault with a deadly weapon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
The guy was riding like a dipshit and got a dipshit response.

Its a dipshit duel.

I dont give a fuck either way. I dont ride or drive in a manner that attracts attention like the attention that he got.

I dont see myself in this situation so I dont give 3 fucks about the outcome.

,,,now, back to your regularly scheduled armchair lawyering!

How do you know he was riding like a dipshit?

Because the guy cop with a gun drawn told him so in a video?

Ding ding ding ding! For the win.

And yes, now having seen this squids Youtube channel about how to avoid traffic citations, my money is that he's the irresponsible douchebag twat that he comes across as. Oh, and his signoff, "Ride fast and take chances." Yeah. Enough said.

Nice. Lawyer for the prosecution, judge, jury, and sentencing, all prior to trial. You gotta relax more, doodle.

Oh, and a big BHPDrew shout out for the win. PENIS.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
On second thought, maybe he should have just shot the guy.

That's funny at speedy's expense.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://libertyparkpress.com/cops-drawn- ... n-citizen/

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
http://libertyparkpress.com/cops-drawn-gun-confrontation-citizen/

Article fails to mention key points

1. If you're engaged in brazen illegal activity, and someone who looks like a cop turns up with a gun in you face, odds are it's a cop. Unlikely this guy was Doogy drug lord, or Bobby the bike thief, or Mike the meth head. (E.g. you shoplift from Walmart and on the way out two plain clothed people stop in front of you and say they saw you steal something and they want you to follow them. Odds are pretty good they work for the store and you're lawfully detained. Another scenario, saw you get into a bar fight and knock some guys teeth out and run for it. Some big burly guy at the door wearing a "Security" T-shirt bear hugs you. Odds are pretty good he's the bouncer and you're lawfully detained. Any other answer is frankly stupid.). Hell, when the video starts rolling he's apparently decelerating to a stop yet doing 14mph over the 35mph, according to someone familiar with the area. So he's clearly in a noticeable infraction zone at the start. Is anyone even at all surprised a cop stopped him? No. Nor should he be surprised.

When I started the video the very first time I noticed he was probably going far over the speed limit and he'd likely be stopped. And that's precisely what happened.

2. Again, it must be restated for the uninitiated. If a cop car pulls up behind you with LIGHTS FLASHING, you are presumed to be aware of it. In legal terms it's constructive knowledge. You are supposed to be aware of your surroundings. The Detective apparent showed up with a gun and started making officer type statements - show me your ID, you were speeding, etc. Badge on hip, police gun in semi-retention hold. 999 our of 1000 people are gonna immediately know this guy is a cop. I guarantee within 5 seconds of seeing his video you knew the biker was being detained by a cop. You didn't even need to see the flashing light or badge.

The driver, having presumably just driven recklessly and double or triple the speed limit, would have almost certainly instantly known he was being detained by a cop.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Asshat is in a real bind now....good. Too bad it will cost us Taxpayers money.
I like Cops, I have/had LEO and a Superior Court judge in my family, but that guy needs a new profession.

LC? It was a traffic stop. Regardless of how he was driving his bike prior to the Video (unless he just assaulted or killed someone) there was NO reason to pull his weapon.
He was unprofessional and downright dangerous in his behaviour.
Your a Lawyer, he's going to get sued and the rider will win....and you know it.
I don't know why you are so intent on defending him, he's a Jackass.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
I think there's a decent litmus test for what's presented to us here in the video.
Scenario:

MC rider is concealed carrier. Cops gun presentation panics rider. Rider attempts to draw, and is subsequently shot by cop.

Given the possibility. Is the cop acting in self-defense when he shoots a legally armed man who is also acting in self-defense? Of course not. The cop is the aggressor in an accostment. When a police officer interacts with the public, it is required by law that he perform his duties in compliance with the law. The limitations of the law, combined with Police procedures are what DEFINE the practice of law enforcement.

I don't understand how there can be an argument here. Just based on the video, they both broke laws that should be enforced. They both should be procescuted, and have their day in court.

My thoughts exactly.

Had I seen some asshat running up on me with a drawn weapon.... lead would have flown from both directions. Would I have been hit... yup probably... would he have been hit.... yup probably.

I am far from anti cop.... but this asshole needs to be shit canned or turned into a fucking meter maid Ricky Tick.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
danoh wrote:
http://libertyparkpress.com/cops-drawn-gun-confrontation-citizen/

Article fails to mention key points

1. If you're engaged in brazen illegal activity, and someone who looks like a cop turns up with a gun in you face, odds are it's a cop. Unlikely this guy was Doogy drug lord, or Bobby the bike thief, or Mike the meth head. (E.g. you shoplift from Walmart and on the way out two plain clothed people stop in front of you and say they saw you steal something and they want you to follow them. Odds are pretty good they work for the store and you're lawfully detained. Another scenario, saw you get into a bar fight and knock some guys teeth out and run for it. Some big burly guy at the door wearing a "Security" T-shirt bear hugs you. Odds are pretty good he's the bouncer and you're lawfully detained. Any other answer is frankly stupid.). Hell, when the video starts rolling he's apparently decelerating to a stop yet doing 14mph over the 35mph, according to someone familiar with the area. So he's clearly in a noticeable infraction zone at the start. Is anyone even at all surprised a cop stopped him? No. Nor should he be surprised.

When I started the video the very first time I noticed he was probably going far over the speed limit and he'd likely be stopped. And that's precisely what happened.

2. Again, it must be restated for the uninitiated. If a cop car pulls up behind you with LIGHTS FLASHING, you are presumed to be aware of it. In legal terms it's constructive knowledge. You are supposed to be aware of your surroundings. The Detective apparent showed up with a gun and started making officer type statements - show me your ID, you were speeding, etc. Badge on hip, police gun in semi-retention hold. 999 our of 1000 people are gonna immediately know this guy is a cop. I guarantee within 5 seconds of seeing his video you knew the biker was being detained by a cop. You didn't even need to see the flashing light or badge.

The driver, having presumably just driven recklessly and double or triple the speed limit, would have almost certainly instantly known he was being detained by a cop.

Apparently his superiors do not share your views, according to the article.

Now what?

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ICYMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA634yr1BqA

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just because the biker is a biased liberal doesn't mean he deserves to get a gun drawn on him.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Fuck. That.

He not only had the gun drawn, but he kept it pointed at the biker the whole time. That's total bullshit.

That detective needs to have his gun taken away, and he should be filing old reports at a desk for the next ten years.

WHAT?

Assault in the 1st degree is 93 to 123 months in jail. 8-10 years in prison. Not a comfy desk job.

Deadly force. Finger on the trigger. No citation. = Another nut job cop.

What would someone who's not in the badge gang get for doing the same?

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

badclam wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Fuck. That.

He not only had the gun drawn, but he kept it pointed at the biker the whole time. That's total bullshit.

That detective needs to have his gun taken away, and he should be filing old reports at a desk for the next ten years.

WHAT?

Assault in the 1st degree is 93 to 123 months in jail. 8-10 years in prison. Not a comfy desk job.

Deadly force. Finger on the trigger. No citation. = Another nut job cop.

What would someone who's not in the badge gang get for doing the same?

Shot

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I doubt much will come of this. As I said, and some you really need to re-read my statements and dial back your ongoing personal attacks, cops have WIDE latitude to draw guns. Like it or not.

Not sure if some of you don't get it, or don't want to get it, but cops do have a bit more authority than the CCW commandos in drawing their weapons to effect lawful stops and arrests when they have reasonable fear of violence/danger. It's not defacto illegal for a cop to do so. It's 100% illegal for any of the CCW civilian crowd - even with your cool Inspector Gadget pleather CCW wallets - you have no lawful authority to make a standard traffic stop. Zero. None. And while you might technically have authority to make a felony citizen arrest, it would be foolish, dangerous, and stupid.

It is VERY troubling that so many of you (and society) are so eager to simply hang, tar, feather, and convict anyone or everyone that dares level a different viewpoint when you only have 1/2 of the story.
I think the Sheriff's take is quite reasonable and professional. Paid leave, investigation, and explain policy.

Quote:
Sheriff Urquhart posted the following statement on Facebook Monday night:
Late Monday afternoon I was sent a video of a traffic stop of a motorcyclist by a King County Sheriff's detective. With the caveat that I have not yet heard the other side of the story, I was deeply disturbed with the conduct and tactics that were recorded.

I have ordered the detective be placed on administrative leave as of Tuesday morning pending a full investigation of the facts.

In every encounter I expect my deputies to treat others with respect. Our manual requires that firearms not be drawn and pointed unless the deputy believes their use may be required. Generally that means the deputy believes the safety of him or herself is in jeopardy, or a member of the public. Drawing your weapon on someone when investigating a misdemeanor traffic offense is not routine. All of these issues will be covered in a full investigation. In the meantime, the detective involved will not be working with the public.

I found one very similar event from Maryland. I looked for awhile for others but the news articles are buried with a couple of high profile cases now.

Interesting, and to advance the converstation, citizens video taping police has given us a whole new area of law. In essence police have no right to privacy in public for video taping purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glik_v._C ... velopments

http://jalopnik.com/5649777/charges-thr ... r-on-video
Maryland plain clothed cop, almost exact same situation as the current case. This became a national wire-tapping case. The prosecutors went after the biker (and lost) for his infractions. Biker did win his traffic infractions but to my knowledge the cop wasn't sued or fired.

How did it turn out for Maryland State Police trooper Joseph Uhler? Fine. To my knowledge not suspended, fired, or sued. In fact a few years later he ran for political office...
http://ceciltimes.com/2013/04/state-tro ... p-primary/

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Just because the biker is a biased liberal doesn't mean he deserves to get a gun drawn on him.

I agree I see no reason for the detective to have his gun out.

I'm however starting to wonder if the rider didn't deliberately bait this cop to get his 15 min of fame.

"Linking directly to this video for media/news organisations is OK, however I have offloaded the responsibility of licensing and usage, to another company. Please contact licensing@viralhog.com for any licencing requests."

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LC, you do realize the Sheriffs quote there contradicts every argument you have made over the last 9 pages of this thread right? Pulling his gun was wrong. Period.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being wrong has never stopped him.....

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next