Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 King County Sheriff Deputy assault with a deadly weapon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
So if he killed the guy it would have been a month vacation?

My god...

Get used to this with the new sheriff.....

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:

My god...

:thumbsup2: Didn't see that coming sheriff. :peep:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:

My god...

It was either that or a sheriff helping to write/support gun control initiatives every couple years.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

10 days paid vacation?
I know we have some LEOs and legal experts on WaGuns...
Why is this guy treated differently than if a non-LEO had done something like this?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update:
The DA declined to press charges, so apparently pulling a gun on people is now 100% legal.

The officer was given a 5 day suspension without pay. So if you pull a gun on somebody, your boss might be disappointed.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... suspended/

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Update:
The DA declined to press charges, so apparently pulling a gun on people is now 100% legal.

The officer was given a 5 day suspension without pay. So if you pull a gun on somebody, your boss might be disappointed.

So how do you think it should have been resolved? I'd say the officer was punished pretty harshly. If we take both of them at their word, the motorcyclist was going over 100mph (twice the speed limit) and he was oblivious to a cop with flashing lights behind him.

This detective had some colorful language and had a gun drawn. I don't have a big problem with that given the situation (e.g. not a normal traffic stop or a normal situation).

Cop also claimed he was concerned about possible movement for a weapon. Dunno how that holds up but I'll take him at his word.

Having watched the online YT videos of the motorcyclist, he's a thrill seeker speed demon who has posted videos on evading police. So, there's that knock against his 'credibility' or lawfulness tendencies. In real world terms, this is the punk that flies in and out of traffic, and zips by you with no margin of error placing you and your loved ones at risk on the road. I've had sport bike riders doing twice-thrice my speed fly up and around me before I could even react sometimes, leaving only a foot or two between our vehicles. I have ZERO sympathy for bikers who drive like this and then get ticketed.

Note the detective didn't give him a ticket. He should have. But was nice. I side with the detective on this one. The motorcyclist sorta needed a life lesson and got one. Hopefully he doesn't get a payday but he probably will. And tax payers backs. The old saying applies, "when good stuff happens to jerks..." The fact this detective is punished is a sign of the upside down world in which we live...

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

So how do you think it should have been resolved? I'd say the officer was punished pretty harshly. If we take both of them at their word, the motorcyclist was going over 100mph (twice the speed limit) and he was oblivious to a cop with flashing lights behind him.

This detective had some colorful language and had a gun drawn. I don't have a big problem with that given the situation (e.g. not a normal traffic stop or a normal situation).

Cop also claimed he was concerned about possible movement for a weapon. Dunno how that holds up but I'll take him at his word.

Having watched the online YT videos of the motorcyclist, he's a thrill seeker speed demon who has posted videos on evading police. So, there's that knock against his 'credibility' or lawfulness tendencies. In real world terms, this is the punk that flies in and out of traffic, and zips by you with no margin of error placing you and your loved ones at risk on the road. I've had sport bike riders doing twice-thrice my speed fly up and around me before I could even react sometimes, leaving only a foot or two between our vehicles. I have ZERO sympathy for bikers who drive like this and then get ticketed.

Note the detective didn't give him a ticket. He should have. But was nice. I side with the detective on this one. The motorcyclist sorta needed a life lesson and got one. Hopefully he doesn't get a payday but he probably will. And tax payers backs. The old saying applies, "when good stuff happens to jerks..." The fact this detective is punished is a sign of the upside down world in which we live...

Did you miss the part where the cop was on paid leave since August?

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

Did you miss the part where the cop was on paid leave since August?

Hardly the detective's fault that the investigation took 7-8 months is it? This probably could have been resolved in a few days.

Here's how this should have occurred - and in all/any government allegations of unclear but worthy of investigating nature:

* Allegation with some substantial or corroborating evidence (video, recordings, several witnesses, etc. of a credible nature)
* Detective placed on unpaid leave (money goes into an escrow and forfeited if there's a finding of fault in line with punishment, or paid to him if no fault) for a week while it's investigated.
* If no fault, Detective returned to duty. If fault, apply the punishment.

This really uncovers the incompetence of the department. The detective got an 8 month paid vacation and slapped with a 5 day loss of wages and a tarnished record that will probably cost him more in the long run.

City or him personally will be sued, and probably settle, for 6 figures.

You and I pay for this punk to drive recklessly.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He drew his gun but did not make an arrest or even give a ticket. The cyclist was not threatening the officer's safety and the fact he put away the gun without any penalty for the cyclist is fairly convincing evidence that it shouldn't have been drawn.

Someone who pulls a gun on someone for the hell of it to "scare" them or "make a point" should not be a cop.

If a civilian had pulled a gun on the cyclist what would have happened?

This cop got an 8 month paid vacation and a 5 day unpaid vacation. That's not a punishment given the use of force we're dealing with here.

I watched the video. He came up from behind the guy and did not identify himself. He was wearing civilian clothes and could have been easily misidentified as a robber. Also, the small lights in his unmarked car were meaningless as there are many instances of fake cop cars these days.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

So how do you think it should have been resolved?

I'm a big fan of "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

How would it have been resolved, if the roles were reversed? What if it was a random citizen that pulled a gun on a police officer? What would the DA have done?

That's what should have happened in this case.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

I mean, how many of us here would be flat out dead from this?

Dude walks up to the side of your vehicle with a gun out pointed at you? The fuck was he thinking?

Someone would have drawn, or sped away to get away from a bikejacker.

leadcounsel wrote:

Hardly the detective's fault that the investigation took 7-8 months is it? This probably could have been resolved in a few days.

Here's how this should have occurred - and in all/any government allegations of unclear but worthy of investigating nature:

* Allegation with some substantial or corroborating evidence (video, recordings, several witnesses, etc. of a credible nature)
* Detective placed on unpaid leave (money goes into an escrow and forfeited if there's a finding of fault in line with punishment, or paid to him if no fault) for a week while it's investigated.
* If no fault, Detective returned to duty. If fault, apply the punishment.

This really uncovers the incompetence of the department. The detective got an 8 month paid vacation and slapped with a 5 day loss of wages and a tarnished record that will probably cost him more in the long run.

City or him personally will be sued, and probably settle, for 6 figures.

You and I pay for this punk to drive recklessly.

Good. I hope he is completely unpromotable from this idiocy.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

Response: Exactly, oblivious to the detectives presence, so why are we pulling guns on people who ride fast?

Response: Absolutely correct, no marked car, no uniform, no identification, just a gun in someones face lol, thats not a normal stop or situation.

Response: pretty sure this is every cops go-to response. If you've ever been on a bike you'd realize how much of a mobility/visual disadvantage you are at.

Response: what matters at the time of the incident is the knowledge up to that very point. Did the officer know the rider and his history of videos? If he did, he should have stated it. If not, point is worthless.

Response: nice? More like adrenaline crash after going balls out. Probably realized he done fucked up. I'll take the ticket and fight that shit in court anyday, isnt that what your profession is about????

Life lesson? So the police are parents now and should point guns at people? Great to know.

Actions have consequences, and the fact that this detective was punished is a step in the right direction, but the DA let us down.

My replies to your post are embedded in your quote as I am on taptalk.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's play this out.

I'm sitting in my truck at a red light, I see a guy walking towards my window looking right at me, with his gun out.

What do you think any of us would do?

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to wait until he's got a gun pointed at my head and hope that he just failed to identify himself.

Apparently it's now okay to threaten lethal Force when no threat is present.

Duly noted.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our system is messed up. Period. Cop guy was wrong. Period.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
Update:

So how do you think it should have been resolved?

I'm a big fan of "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

How would it have been resolved, if the roles were reversed? What if it was a random citizen that pulled a gun on a police officer? What would the DA have done?

That's what should have happened in this case.

Citizen's job isn't to approach or arrest people or cite them for a traffic infraction. The stop was within the authority of the detective who stated he witnessed reckless 110mph speeding in the area and followed him.

I reckon if you came up to a cop with a gun drawn, you'd rightly get shot. Because you have no authority to do that.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next