Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Kshama Sawant sued for defamation 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The last thread about this topic got locked, let's not repeat that topic or rehash too much of what went on in that case.

This topic is about someone in power calling two exonerated cops murders.

Could Sawant be too far left for Seattle? It will be interesting to see where this goes,

maybe there is hope in this world...

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/kshama-sawant-sued-for-defamation-by-seattle-police-officers-involved-in-shooting/596635068

Quote:
“Police officers Scott Miller and Michael Spaulding do a hard job for modest pay and little thanks – realties they accept,” the complaint, filed in King County Superior Court states. “But what they do not accept, and what they law does not permit, is having their reputations ruined by an ambitious politician, doing so for personal gain.”

The officers asked Sawant for a retraction of statements, calling the officers murderers and referring to the shooting as a product of racial profiling, according to the suit. An attorney for the officers wrote that she “did not even give them the courtesy of a response.”

“Sawant continued defaming the officers, with particular emphasis immediately before their inquest hearing, and does so even to this day – despite the officers having been cleared by an impartial jury,” the complaint states.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard this today. That little third world piece of Shiite should go back to her home CUNTry as she has nothing but contempt for this place, its institutions or our citizens.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I doubt anything will happen, but I'd love it if it did

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PAPISJEEP wrote:
I doubt anything will happen, but I'd love it if it did

My sentiments exactly.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like it will be settled out of court and a gag order put on the cops.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The suit is against Sawant as an individual.

I'm wondering how that works. Would the city's insurance cover such a thing?

If Seattle provides her with city lawyers and covers the settlement with city insurance that would mean that what she said, or how she said it, was said in an official capacity.

If that's the case should the city be liable?

Another take on it from the Seattle slimes:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/kshama-sawant-sued-for-defamation-by-2-seattle-officers-who-fatally-shot-che-taylor/

It somewhat answered my question about the personal responsibility. And of course they find some jackhole at the dub to cast doubt on the case:

Quote:
The officers face the steep hurdle of proving that Sawant, as a public official, acted with malice and reckless disregard of the truth, said Ronald Collins, a law professor and First Amendment expert at the University of Washington.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

If Seattle provides her with city lawyers and covers the settlement with city insurance that would mean that what she said, or how she said it, was said in an official capacity.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/kshama-sawant-sued-for-defamation-by-2-seattle-officers-who-fatally-shot-che-taylor/

It somewhat answered my question about the personal responsibility. And of course they find some jackhole at the dub to cast doubt on the case:

Quote:
The officers face the steep hurdle of proving that Sawant, as a public official, acted with malice and reckless disregard of the truth, said Ronald Collins, a law professor and First Amendment expert at the University of Washington.

I am 99% sure the City of Seattle is self-insured i.e. any liability payouts come from the city itself. Let's be real...with all the issues Seattle has their premiums would be enormous, so they don't bother.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:

Quote:

I heard last week on my local conservative hate radio The Boys the Mayor supposedly diddled are now suing the City of Seattle.......

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The officers in the lawsuit don't want one dime of taxpayer money. They are going after her personally.

It's about time somebody went after her. All the things she has done while in office should get her jail time.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She is such a miserable twat

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 am

Second lawsuit against her , one can only hope either or both are successful. Seems like she has been quieter since the last freeway /WSP protest failed. I'd like to think someone slapped some sense into her. Maybe when she has to start putting her money where her mouth is she'll get even quieter. What a total waste of flesh.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scorpion rider wrote:
The officers in the lawsuit don't want one dime of taxpayer money. They are going after her personally.

It's about time somebody went after her. All the things she has done while in office should get her jail time.

As dumb as she is there are enough scumbag lawyers that have surely helped her hide any and all assets. I'm sure it's the same method Jessy and Al sharpton use to get away with saying anything they want and paying zero. They are all worth zero. Even if they win they will never see a dime and she will continue to spout hate from her curry hole.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She's hot.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
She's hot.

Yah.... Hotter than nuclear waste.

Otherwise, go see an eye doctor.
:bigsmile:

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd bend her over a bench.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next