Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 First they came for the statues... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-1 ... me-statues

After obliterating the 1000+ statues and monuments around the country, what will they go for next?

The money? Lots of white guys who were slave owners. What will they replace the money with in quick order, digital currency?

What about Lincoln? He wrote some derogatory statements regarding persons of African ancestry.

What statues and monuments will go in the old statues place? Society always has statues and monuments.

Finally, why can't government get to important business of the day? Fixing health care, building roads, eliminating waste.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

etc...

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

https://catalog.usmint.gov/frederick-douglass-national-historic-site-2017-rolls-and-bags-MASTER_FREDERICKDOUGLASS.html?cgid=null&q=frederick%2520douglass&navid=search#q=frederick%2520douglass&start=1

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-liberty-225th-anniversary-gold-coin-17XA.html

https://www.nps.gov/mlkm/learn/building-the-memorial.htm

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those are fine tributes and I wouldn't blink at carrying them as coin of the realm. But not if it results in exclusion of what tributes are in place.

I bet this place is next on the list to axe. Maybe they can get some Taliban artillery for the project.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Wall of Traitors can be blown to shit. Wouldn't bother me one single bit.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk already is bye bye stone mt. thought i posted this somewhere??

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... moved.html\

you guess it another democrap

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/273935404-story

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
That Wall of Traitors can be blown to shit. Wouldn't bother me one single bit.

Only difference between them vs The North and Washington vs the British is - they lost their fight for liberty.

You can respect them for the courage of their convictions - you would be a better man for doing so even if you disagree with their world view, a few hundred years later.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nah. They were traitors.

"Many Americans were and are torn in their view of General Robert E. Lee (1807-1870), the famed Confederate Army commander. Lee has been applauded for his gentlemanly demeanor and shrewd military expertise; he stands in the American military pantheon alongside Washington, Jackson, Grant, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Patton, and Powell. Yet there is an obvious difference between all these men and Robert E. Lee, for Lee not only fought for the American flag, he also fought against it. Robert E. Lee was, by traditional definitions of the term, a traitor."

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A couple months ago you could ask these supposed Leaders and Anti Confederacy Folks who Lee and Jackson were and they wouldn't have a frikken clue.

Or....

They'd have said Sheila and Jesse

This whole tear it down thing is #fukinstupid.

I've often wondered why Jefferson Davis wasn't counted in the list of past presidents...IMO he should have.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
I've often wondered why Jefferson Davis wasn't counted in the list of past presidents...IMO he should have.

Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that he was never the President of the United States, and was in fact the head of a confederacy considered to be in open rebellion against the U.S.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Olympia173 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that he was never the President of the United States, and was in fact the head of a confederacy considered to be in open rebellion against the U.S.

Yeah, I think that one is pretty clear . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Olympia173 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Yeah, I think that one is pretty clear . . . .

Head Of?

Well, he was he President of the Confederate States..Capitol was in Virginia....

Is Virginia not a US State.?

I don't get the newfound hate or embarrassment of our collective past that seems to be further dividing this country.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Only difference between them vs The North and Washington vs the British is - they lost their fight for liberty.

Yeah, sure, that AND they were attempting to build a country based not on the idea that all men are created equal (Washington/Jefferson) but rather that blacks were not equal, and in fact, their rightful place was subjugated to white men.
And before you go all states-rightsy and "not about slavery" on me, lets take a moment to reflect on the immortal words of Alexander Stephens:

"Our new government is founded upon exactly [this] idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

He would know! He was, after all, the vice president of the Confederacy.

RENCORP wrote:
You can respect them for the courage of their convictions - you would be a better man for doing so even if you disagree with their world view, a few hundred years later.

Lots of really dangerous people have had "courage of their convictions." That doesn't mean they merit our respect.

For what its worth, I think removing confederate monuments is absurd, as I believe they represent a part of our history very much worth remembering.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Olympia173 wrote:

For what its worth, I think removing confederate monuments is absurd, as I believe they represent a part of our history very much worth remembering.

I was worried about you until you posted this.....

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
Nah. They were traitors.

"Many Americans were and are torn in their view of General Robert E. Lee (1807-1870), the famed Confederate Army commander. Lee has been applauded for his gentlemanly demeanor and shrewd military expertise; he stands in the American military pantheon alongside Washington, Jackson, Grant, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Patton, and Powell. Yet there is an obvious difference between all these men and Robert E. Lee, for Lee not only fought for the American flag, he also fought against it. Robert E. Lee was, by traditional definitions of the term, a traitor."

Robert E. Lee was a brilliant military professional...but he chose his individual state, over his entire country as a whole.

Courage of conviction, no doubt. It was his choice to make...But a poor choice he made.

Traitor...is right on the money

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next