Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Democrats to ban modern pistols with impractical requirement 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
It is a misrepresentation to NOT call this a ban. The tech is hopelessly flawed to the point where several large manufacturers have decided to pull out of markets where this is mandated.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/26/sm ... n-law.html

In addition, the laws where this has been implemented have exempted law enforcement from the requirement due to testimony that it does not work and would leave LEOs unarmed.

That's a ban.

Here is some good reading on the nitty gritty details and why the courts are hearing lawsuits over it, because the technology is near impossible the way centerfire cartridges work.
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/12/0 ... continues/

Quote from article:
"For those of us that actually know a few things about firearms, microstamping makes about as much sense as putting serial numbers on toilet paper squares or regulating unicorn farts."
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/12/0 ... continues/[/quote]

:ROFLMAO: :thumbsup2:

Divided we fall.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forget the forensic commentary, how about the physics and functionality?

No comment?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Maybe I'm naive here, but wouldn't it be super easy to just file off the microstamping from the firing pin? Or, even simpler, use a stolen gun to commit a crime?

Once again, it's not the law-abiding citizens that this would apply to and the criminals would simply find a way around it. So it's a completely useless law. Unless the end-game is indeed getting rid of guns entirely...

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

BINGO!

DGM33 wrote:
So it's a completely useless law. Unless the end-game is indeed getting rid of guns entirely...

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In both the NJ and CA versions of this law, before passage they were amended to exempt police from it. Now why would that be?

The CA and NJ legislatures are about as hard left as they come, and with the Left's narrative about trigger-happy police killing minorities, why wouldn't they want it to apply to police?

Oh yeah, because then those elite libs' armed police and contracted off-duty personal guards wouldn't have functional weapons...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Selador wrote:
Whats the other hand doing?

Deleting emails

Or helping people accidentally commit suicide with two shots in the back...

root wrote:
Selador wrote:
Whats the "right" hand doing?

Playing with the balls, and trying not to choke.

Really? Filth is all you have to offer? SMH

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
root wrote:
Selador wrote:

Yes. Have we not met?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
Selador wrote:
root wrote:
Selador wrote:

Yes. Have we not met?

icon_eek :rofl9: :ROFLMAO: :facepalm2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DGM33 wrote:
Maybe I'm naive here, but wouldn't it be super easy to just file off the microstamping from the firing pin?

This is not a problem. Ban files that are harder than firing pins. And outlaw grinding stones. And carbide burrs. Keep going until we stamp out illegal firing pin grinding! Only criminals grind firing pins.

DGM33 wrote:
Or, even simpler, use a stolen gun to commit a crime?

Pass a new law making stealing guns more illegaler than it is now.

DGM33 wrote:
Once again, it's not the law-abiding citizens that this would apply to and the criminals would simply find a way around it. So it's a completely useless law. Unless the end-game is indeed getting rid of guns entirely...

Any problems with this proposed bill can be addressed after it is passed. The important thing is to take that first small step towards a safer country for our children.
I am surprised at the level of resistance that some special interest groups would go to to oppose making our society safer.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Could always just send violent criminals to prison for a long time.
But that would be racist and just plain ludicrous.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMB wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
Maybe I'm naive here, but wouldn't it be super easy to just file off the microstamping from the firing pin?

This is not a problem. Ban files that are harder than firing pins. And outlaw grinding stones. And carbide burrs. Keep going until we stamp out illegal firing pin grinding! Only criminals grind firing pins.

DGM33 wrote:
Or, even simpler, use a stolen gun to commit a crime?

Pass a new law making stealing guns more illegaler than it is now.

DGM33 wrote:

Any problems with this proposed bill can be addressed after it is passed. The important thing is to take that first small step towards a safer country for our children.
I am surprised at the level of resistance that some special interest groups would go to to oppose making our society safer.

You're good! I don't know why I never thought of any of those! (I guess I'm just not liberal enough. Or maybe I hate children...?)

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone ever wondered how many bills like this are filed with the author and sponsors all knowing full well it will go nowhere? That they do so in order to appease members of their support base? They can go home and say "Look at the bills I put forth and they all went nowhere because of all those assholes on the other side of the aisle. We need to elect more people like me, or at least reelect me in the next election".

What's strange is how there are a lot few horses in use in this country now but the horseshit seems to be as deep as ever in WA DC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Has anyone ever wondered how many bills like this are filed with the author and sponsors all knowing full well it will go nowhere? That they do so in order to appease members of their support base? They can go home and say "Look at the bills I put forth and they all went nowhere because of all those assholes on the other side of the aisle. We need to elect more people like me, or at least reelect me in the next election".

What's strange is how there are a lot few horses in use in this country now but the horseshit seems to be as deep as ever in WA DC.

Mean while the other side brags about stopping the bills and the need to elect more people like them to prevent those bills in the future

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
So your title says it will ban most modern handguns but it's actually about micro stamping, not actually banning. This clickbait is getting old.

To be fair, it's technology that doesn't exist.

Reminds me of the guy on ARFCOM that said 'fine' then made a firing pin out of a nail... Just to show them how retarded the law was, when someone said they'd just ban guns, he made an AK out of a shovel.. HAHHAHHA

http://thechive.com/2012/12/06/apparent ... 25-photos/

Laws only apply to those who wish to abide by them.. :D

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Forget the forensic commentary, how about the physics and functionality?

No comment?

he is only interesting in defending his party....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next