Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Democrats to ban modern pistols with impractical requirement 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.guns.com/2017/08/09/new-bill ... r-bullets/

In case you wondered whether the democrat party was becoming more or less 2A friendly, the answer is less.

The major takeaway they got from Bernie's loss is that he wasn't hard enough on trashing the 2nd Amendment which is a major club Herself used to beat him.

This new law sponsored by a dozen house democrats and in line with the new party platform would have the effect of requiring any new semi-auto pistol to microstamp. Nevermind that the technology doesn't work, the bill's sponsors know that. They know this is a backdoor way to ban all new semi-auto pistols from being produced.

If you are interested here is the actual text of the bill.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... tions?r=69

Now, while this bill will likely go nowhere with the GOP controlling the House, this is a reminder of what will happen should the democrats ever re-take the government. As a party they have become more and more hostile to the 2nd Amendment and voting for them means losing our gun rights.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Pathetic.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait. I thought Dems were all about the Second Amendment.

I suppose we should put an *asterisk by their beliefs.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whats the other hand doing?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Whats the other hand doing?

Deleting emails

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Whats the "right" hand doing?

Playing with the balls, and trying not to choke.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So your title says it will ban most modern handguns but it's actually about micro stamping, not actually banning. This clickbait is getting old.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
So your title says it will ban most modern handguns but it's actually about micro stamping, not actually banning. This clickbait is getting old.

To be fair, it's technology that doesn't exist.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Wait. I thought Dems were all about the Second Amendment.

I suppose we should put an *asterisk by their beliefs.

You are correct sir. thumbsup The Democrats are all about the 2ND Amendment, all about getting rid of it for all law abiding citizens. :cussing:
They are trying to go the way of Canada, Australia, Japan, as they put it, all modern democracy. We do not think about India, Mexico, Great Britain as these countries do not believe that individual citizens have rights unless the government gives it to them in regard to firearms.

It is very sad that our great country has come to this. A nation of rich heritage, tarnished by these ongoing chain of events.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's pathetic on a number of levels.

First, it's anti-Constitutional. And I guess I'm glad the lunatic left are starting to arm themselves and be worried about perceived tyranny so at least they will see the value in the 2A.

Secondly, with a GOP controlled Legislative and Execute Branch, and with a majority of Constitutional SCOTUSes, this will go absolutely nowhere. So with all the real problems we have - and there are plenty - shouldn't they be working for solutions on fixing things as opposed to pet projects that will go nowhere.

Absolutely disgusting what these Dems do to waste time and money.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's especially ironic how the democrats attempt to hold themselves up as champions of women.

In Australia, after handguns were effectively banned, women are now raped there 3x as much as American women.

A war on guns is a war on women. Guns are the great equalizer. Before guns, society was largely about who was bigger and had more muscle having their way with who happened to have less muscle mass.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the Bill is not a ban, another mis-representation by the OP. Seems that micro-stamping would make the owner of the gun responsible for each and every round fired. Is accountability a terrible thing? Could we solve crimes easier? Who knows. Do I support it? Nope. It sounds as if the stamping only affect the spent case, and not the projectile though. Smart criminals will circumvent this law by going back to revolvers to commit crimes.

Inside the bill:

A BILL
To require certain semiautomatic pistols manufactured, imported, or sold by Federal firearms licensees to be capable of microstamping ammunition, and to prohibit the removal, obliteration, or alteration of the microstamped code or microstamping capability of a firearm.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Make Identifiable Criminal Rounds Obvious Act” or the “MICRO Act”.

SEC. 2. REQUIREMENT THAT CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOLS MANUFACTURED, IMPORTED, OR SOLD BY FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEES BE CAPABLE OF MICROSTAMPING AMMUNITION.

Definition of microstamping:
Microstamping is a ballistics identification technology. Microscopic markings are engraved onto the tip of the firing pin and onto the breech face of a firearm with a laser.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstamping

Divided we fall.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm at a loss to figure out how this a a slam on 2A rights. Gun owners should be accountable for every shell casing left at a crime scene. Law abiding gun owners have absolutely nothing to worry about with this bill in my opinion. That said, I still would be extremely wary to support such a bill. The 1911 was already designed perfectly, and does not need an update such as micro-stamping.

Divided we fall.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is a misrepresentation to NOT call this a ban. The tech is hopelessly flawed to the point where several large manufacturers have decided to pull out of markets where this is mandated.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/26/sm ... n-law.html

In addition, the laws where this has been implemented have exempted law enforcement from the requirement due to testimony that it does not work and would leave LEOs unarmed.

That's a ban.

Here is some good reading on the nitty gritty details and why the courts are hearing lawsuits over it, because the technology is near impossible the way centerfire cartridges work.
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/12/0 ... continues/

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Micro-stamping would add costs.

And would do little to solve crimes since it's easy to circumvent. Gather up some range brass and scatter it at a crime scene... now there's a hundred suspects who had nothing to do with the crime.

Or use a revolver.

Or remove/replace the firing pin or whatever makes the impression.

IIRC taggants were used in explosives but removed because they solved so few crimes but instead added huge costs in manufacturing.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next