Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Firewood in Greenwater or Enumclaw 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to camping this weekend in Rainier, and will be driving through Greenwater and Enumclaw. Anybody know of a good place to stop and get some firewood?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think they sell some in Greenwater.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are they even allowing camp fires with all the dry weather? The county I live in has a burn ban.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bring your saw and axe and ya can load up at my place in tenino, 7 miles from Rainier. Dry fir, maple, alder

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
bring your saw and axe and ya can load up at my place in tenino, 7 miles from Rainier. Dry fir, maple, alder

Nice offer! :cheers2:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Toys is a good guy. :thumbsup2: I have made the drive to his place for some Alder for the Smoker. As a matter of fact, i smoked Ribs Saturday and a Brisket Sunday using that wood.

Thanks brother! :bigsmile: :bow:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the offer, :thumbsup2: but I'm pretty sure you are now trolling me. I had to look up Tenino. Today I learned there is a city called Rainier. I'm actually going to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, just outside Mt Raininer, so you are quite a distance out of the way. Plus, I don't have a chainsaw or Axe, only a hatchet and hand-held saw. I guess I have a sawz-all...but for chopping up wood I think a chainsaw is the proper tool.

scorpion rider wrote:
Are they even allowing camp fires with all the dry weather? The county I live in has a burn ban.

I thought the same thing, so I called the Ranger Office. They confirmed there is no burn ban.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:

Thanks for the offer, :thumbsup2: but I'm pretty sure you are now trolling me. I had to look up Tenino. Today I learned there is a city called Rainier. I'm actually going to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, just outside Mt Raininer, so you are quite a distance out of the way. Plus, I don't have a chainsaw or Axe, only a hatchet and hand-held saw. I guess I have a sawz-all...but for chopping up wood I think a chainsaw is the proper tool.

scorpion rider wrote:

I thought the same thing, so I called the Ranger Office. They confirmed there is no burn ban.

he not trolling you, now you see why stating what you mean to say is important.... ya theirs a town Rainier or you mean MT. rainier. OH do you realize Gifford Pinchot National Forest goes all the way to the Columbia river.

Go to albertsons or safeway get yourself a bundle for a ripoff price

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

scorpion rider wrote:

he not trolling you, now you see why stating what you mean to say is important.... ya theirs a town Rainier or you mean MT. rainier. OH do you realize Gifford Pinchot National Forest goes all the way to the Columbia river.

Go to albertsons or safeway get yourself a bundle for a ripoff price

Hi Cmica I thought I had been specific by mentioning Greenwater and Enumclaw in the Subject line, and not realizing there was a city called Rainier. I'll be driving through Enumclaw and Greenwater, into Mt Rainier Park and eventually camping in the national forest. I figured those two cities would be the best place to grab some.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To me collecting firewood is part of the fun of camping.
I sometimes bring scrap wood from home. Enough to get me through the first night. When leaving after work.
But the next full day I head out to find wood.
A small axe and saw are all ya need. I've never brought a chainsaw.
And almost never use my full size axe.
Good luck, have fun

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check Craigslist and buy some wood by Friday near you.

Problem solved.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

survivor wrote:
To me collecting firewood is part of the fun of camping.
I sometimes bring scrap wood from home. Enough to get me through the first night. When leaving after work.
But the next full day I head out to find wood.
A small axe and saw are all ya need. I've never brought a chainsaw.
And almost never use my full size axe.
Good luck, have fun

Yeah I've got a hatchet and a little hand saw like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Survival-Emerg ... 06VXZPZLW/

It's great for small jobs, like cutting a 20ft log in half, once. If I was going to turn logs into firewood I'd haul in my car, I'd want a CRV.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/giffordp ... prd3845051 I suspect that you aint going to have no wood fire

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/giffordpinchot/home/?cid=stelprd3845051 I suspect that you aint going to have no wood fire

I looked around, where does it list that?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/giffordpinchot/home/?cid=stelprd3845051 I suspect that you aint going to have no wood fire

I looked around, where does it list that?

Yeah I called because the risk was high, the ranger station said no burn ban. I'll have a fire extinguisher, shovel, and water. Plus a brain. We will be in a low-lying area, surrounded by trees and mountains, so not much wind at all.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next