Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Justice for my Wife 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Almost a year ago my wife, an active duty Army nurse and mother of three young boys, was viciously attacked by a civilian subordinate of hers. He ambushed her like a coward, blocking the only exit from her office, sprayed her with gasoline and lit her on fire. He then attempted to cut and stab her with a pair of scissors and a straight edge razor before he was subdued by several of my wife's coworkers who happened to be working after hours. I've kept quiet about the incident since then, in order to ensure the case against him wasn't tainted, but today justice was served. The bastard was found guilty on one count of assault with intent to commit murder. Sentencing to be held at the end of October.
The worst part of the whole thing is that my wife told her chain of command repeatedly that she felt like she was in danger and was not comfortable with the man - a failing GS employee whom she was trying to hold accountable for his abysmal work performance. Now that the trial is over, she'll be working to advocate for legislation that will give military supervisors tools to hold civilian employees accountable, limit the power of the unions within Federal workplaces, and reverse the "Feres Doctrine" which bars service members from bringing suit against the government for negligence.
The story received next to nothing in the way of national media attention, but here's a local story from the Kansas City media.

http://www.kshb.com/news/region-kansas/ ... ing-attack

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Dude I remember that. How's she doing?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Holy shit! The bastard should fry.

Your wife seems to definitely be a strong, amazing woman. Way to stand by her (and not beat the living crap out of the guy!)

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy hell! The hell you've both been through!
My wife is an RN manager and they're always at the bloody end of drama but my oh my, your wife has been through hell!
God speed in her recovery, probably mental recovery from here on out. Stand by her strong, soldier!
Bless both of you!

Last edited by sportsdad60 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DGM33 wrote:

Your wife seems to definitely be a strong, amazing woman. Way to stand by her (and not beat the living crap out of the guy!)

:plusone:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jesus fucking Christ this shit pisses me off to no end. My sister lost her best friend years back due to FT hood not doing anything about death threats from the gals husband. They even returned the pistol to him twice that he used to kill her. It is amazing that nobody up the chain is held accountable. I hope your wife makes headway on this problem. I'm so sorry for your family.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

:plusone:

WOW that was tough to watch, hope she has made some recovery and good on getting something done with the chain of command.

hope her boss got demoted for ignorance

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow....hopefully she is fully recovered and justice will be done. She sounds like an amazing, strong Woman.
I hope he rots in Federal prison and that your family is doing well.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks all. Katie is definitely the strongest, most determined person I know. The hardest part of it all is knowing how much she wanted to be an Army officer and nurse and seeing the institution fail her in such an epic and catastrophic manner. The official Army investigation was delayed (for good reason) until the trial, but now that its over, I'm very curious to see what the investigating officer's findings are. I'm hopeful that those that set the conditions for the attack will be held accountable to the fullest extent of military law.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's past time to let service-members carry. Enough is enough!

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Sickening that you and your wife had to deal with that. Hopefully with a 20 year sentence the POS won't make it to 75. It's good to see the people saw thruogh his insanity defense for what it was...pure crap.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy crap, I have a lot more to say but I just cannot find a way to say them at the moment. I mean this in the most sincere way.

My thoughts and prayers are with your Family..

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What an awful experience. It's horrible that she went through it but hopefully something good will come from it, not just for her but for other service members, too. At least she had support from you and other family members.

I don't know that the guy received the full measure of justice, but it's a start.

Please pass along my thoughts to her as she continues to recover, and also my thanks for her service and strength.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sorry this happened to your wife.

Many props to her for her strength and courage, and props to you for being able to stay silent for so long. There was honor there that is indescribable.

Pulling for much success as she seeks to limit the power of the unions within Federal workplaces, and reverse the "Feres Doctrine".

I hate that the career she had chosen was short-circuited, and pray she finds even more satisfaction and success on her new path.

I also hope there is some accountability for the superiors that ignored her pleas.

Hang in there, brother.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh my god . . . that's just so horrible. I can't imagine what your whole family has been through since this happened.

Your wife comes across as very strong and confident in the news story; good for her, it would be really easy to just be a wreck after experiencing that.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Please keep us up to date as her mission continues.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next