Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 94  Next
 2017-2018 NFL Trash Talk Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
cmica wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
I need 6 points from Diggs and my fantasy team stays undefeated

I'm 2 and 2 in both my leagues. All these broken legs are messing with my shit.

more to come :bigsmile: seachicken eat diarrhea!!

Wish refrigerator perry and McMahon Mike Singletary were still playing chicago

50+ year old football players would die....

Really though it be cool to have the 80's bears play the 2010's patriots. Pretty sure the bears would be whooped

Are they playing with current rules or ones from the 80s?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think it would matter what rules you played with honestly. Yes, the game back then was more like no rules street ball, but the guys that played back then are nowhere near the massive sized athletes that play today. Today's players are world class athletes, not cigarette smoking guys who only attempt to get in shape during the season.

Here is a good link as an example:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-offe ... redskins-6

The average sized O-lineman in the 1980's was 6'4" 272lbs, where today the average is 6'5" 312lbs. The "nasty" D-lineman back then wouldn't even sniff today's QB, and most of the WR's would burn past the CB's with their world class speed that most have these days.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kap to the packers?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
kap to the packers?

Look how cute your imagination can be............... :bigsmile:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mash man wrote:
kap to the packers?

The only team interested in Kap is ISIS

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
mash man wrote:
kap to the packers?

:rofl9:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
mash man wrote:
kap to the packers?

:rofl9:

2ND THAT.

I was like WTF..............NO!!!! the hell you thinking PACS?? give Brett Hundley a DAMN CHANCE

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Packers are toast bud. "Erin" Rodgers is a beast and counts for 7+ wins by himself each season. When he hangs them up, although he wont have the rings like Brady, he will go down as the best ever.

Teams will now focus in on stopping the run with eight in the box, and make Hundley beat them over the top. Until' he figures things out, points will be at a minimum. Rodgers could make a 14 point deficit vanish in a few minutes, Hundley err not so much.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
The Packers are toast bud. "Erin" Rodgers is a beast and counts for 7+ wins by himself each season. When he hangs them up, although he wont have the rings like Brady, he will go down as the best ever.

Teams will now focus in on stopping the run with eight in the box, and make Hundley beat them over the top. Until' he figures things out, points will be at a minimum. Rodgers could make a 14 point deficit vanish in a few minutes, Hundley err not so much.

Yep, and teams can flex that 8 in the box into a blitz, or delay & then drop two into coverage.....looking for some easy interceptions.

They also signed Jerod Evans to the practice squad after promoting Callahan to the 53 man roster.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

This KC Raiders game is a good game!

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What the hell was Marshawn thinking? Grabbing the ref? Sometimes it's hard to be a gangsta.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yhea. That was stupid.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the Raiders lose this tonight, they will go into self destruct mode. Book it.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
If the Raiders lose this tonight, they will go into self destruct mode. Book it.

They pulled it out, 9th time's the charm, I guess :ROFLMAO:

Didn't want KC at 6-1 anyway....5-2 is dangerous enough....

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, I'll weigh in on teams of the 1970s/80s/90s era vs. today.

You take the best teams of those eras and the modern era teams wouldn't stand a chance, playing with the rules of those eras, when MEN had to be MEN.

Today, the offense has so many advantages it's not even interesting anymore.

When Elway threw for 300 yards it was a big story. Now, 300 yard passing games are fairly average. And I guarantee it's not because the receivers and QBs are better, b/c keep in mind the DBs are faster now too.

But let's look at the BEST athletes produced in modern v. a few decades.

There simply is no equivalent to Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Reggie White or Bruce Smith, Dick Butkus, Mike Singleterry, Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, and so many others versus today.

Yeah, there are modern fantastic athletes, but there's no way the QBs or RBs of today would take the punishment Montana did. Or Randall Cunningham. Or McMahon. And so forth. They were tough athletes, who could QB. Or RBs like Payton who in 13 season was *forced* against his will to sit out one game. And when he had the flu he broke and held for a long time the single game rushing record of 275 yds. Long list of the greatest, and it won't include the modern eras of players no matter how many records they break. It's become a rigged game, with cookie cutter QBs who the defense can't touch. And that makes the running game so much easier for the offense too. Modern RBs can't hold a candle to the greats in the past.

You show me a modern RB that would outperform or even challenge Payton, Brown, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or Bo Jackson and I'll be impressed. Bo Jackson might be the fastest player to ever play in the NFL, or darn near close. I think he ran a 4.15 forty yard dash. I don't think there's a player in the league today that fast, but maybe the rare DB. And recall the game against the Seahawks were Bo ran over Bosworth?! You just couldn't tackle him. Shannon Sharp came on the tail end of those great eras to be the among the best tight ends of all time. The NFL players of the 80s and 90s were the pinnacle of the sport. And those offenses didn't have all the protections today, and were playing against monsters on defense. Are there badder linebackers than Lawrence Taylor, Kevin Greene, Jack Ham, Mike Singletary,Cornelius Bennett, or badder DEs than Reggie White or Bruce Smith or Ed Jones, or Decon Jones or Richard Dent...? I doubt it. Those men would ****** kill you. Is there a better DB today than Deon Sanders, Rod Woodson, Mike Haynes, Willie Brown, Mel Blount, Darrell Green, or Lem Barney?

For better or worse, a lot of careers were ended early because the game was so viciously hard. But it's not the patty cakes of today. It's not even the same game anymore. It's nearly touch football with the QB. Saw a "late hit" on the KC QB tonight (sitting at a bar eating a hamburger, the game was the only thing on, saw 1 quarter) that would never have been a penalty when I was growing up. Pathetic.

With the rules of the 70s or 80s in place, I'd say the 1984/85 Bears or the 1984 or 1989 '49ers or the 1972 Dolphins (no real super stars but the only undefeated team in the history of the league), or the 1986 or 1990 NY Giants, or the 83 Redskins would take any team today, magically in their prime and on the same playing field of course.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 94  Next