Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Thats fast! $288,000 in an hour! 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

No excess speed? Why was the car airborne?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/ferrari- ... chase.html

A driver in the United Kingdom has destroyed his £220,000 ($288,000) supercar in an accident after owning it for just one hour.

Police in South Yorkshire said the driver was able to walk away with just cuts and bruises after the Ferrari 430 "went airborne and burst into flames" in South Yorkshire on Thursday.

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia can reach 60 miles per hour in 3.3 seconds and has a reported top speed of 198 miles per hour.

But in an update Friday, police said they "do not believe excess speed was a contributory factor in this collision."

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In sport mode, traction control off, first gear launch, it is easy to hammer the gas, and totally lose control of the car.

Way too much horsepower in a rear wheel drive car overpowers the steering ability of the car.

Once you fuck up, you are just along for the ride.

We had a guy do it here - launched the car across a street, through a guard rail, and arrowed it down 20 feet lower into a parking lot.

Total loss, no fire though.

I tell every single client I talk to, that the car has way more ability than they do, and taking the car to the track in Kent for a Don Kitch Proformance driving school is the best investment they will ever make.

You are in a controlled environment, and you can feel out what the car will do versus what you can do, and not screw the pooch as a result.

I honestly believe learning emergency braking, lane changes, and cornering skills should be mandatory as part of a drivers license.

In any modern car with more than 300 horsepower, you better fucking well learn what your limitations are in a controlled environment so you don't exceed them in real life.

Or, you end up like that poor fucking dead kid and his dead friends who stuffed a minivan under a semi trailer yesterday.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:39 am

RENCORP wrote:
In sport mode, traction control off, first gear launch, it is easy to hammer the gas, and totally lose control of the car.

Way too much horsepower in a rear wheel drive car overpowers the steering ability of the car.

We had a guy do it here - launched the car across a street, through a guard rail, and arrowed it down 20 feet lower into a parking lot.

I tell every single client I talk to, that the car has way more ability than they do, and taking the car to the track in Kent for a Don Kitch Proformance driving school is the best investment they will ever make.

You are in a controlled environment, and you can feel out what the car will do versus what you can do, and not screw the pooch as a result.

I honestly believe learning emergency braking, lane changes, and cornering skills should be mandatory as part of a drivers license.

In any modern car with more than 300 horsepower, you better fucking well learn what your limitations are in a controlled environment so you don't exceed them in real life.

Or, you end up like that poor fucking dead kid and his dead friends who stuffed a minivan under a semi trailer yesterday.
exactly, dealerships should offer a free track day with the purchase of a car like that. It helps people know their car, helps put money into local tracks and would help make more track days. There are only a few days a year where everyone can bring their car to the track, most of the days are reserved for clubs and most of the time they are a full weekend event so having more open track days would be awesome

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

exactly, dealerships should offer a free track day with the purchase of a car like that. It helps people know their car, helps put money into local tracks and would help make more track days. There are only a few days a year where everyone can bring their car to the track, most of the days are reserved for clubs and most of the time they are a full weekend event so having more open track days would be awesome

Of course there would be nothing free, about it. The dealer would get a good deal from the track, Then stuff three times the 'normal' cost of it, into the price of the car in the first place...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:

That's what I did with my 1.8L Turbo Ford Escape :)

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 am

Selador wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Of course there would be nothing free, about it. The dealer would get a good deal from the track, Then stuff three times the 'normal' cost of it, into the price of the car in the first place...
of course. Id be more than ok with it if i was buying a car. Its fun as hell

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Not true - when you are dealing with car enthusiasts, they already know what retail pricing is for an event like that.

We pass the savings on to the customer, and cater breakfast and lunch as well as provide cars and staffing for our track days.

That way, our clients pass on good P.R. about us, rather than deep frying us on the interwebz..................

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
In any car you better fucking well learn what your limitations are in a controlled environment so you don't exceed them in real life.

This is why I did donuts in the snow covered parking lots. Or try to drive straight with the E-brake engaged.

There are some Ferrari's you can buy, but can't take home. You can only store and drive them at the track under professional supervision.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Selador wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

of course. Id be more than ok with it if i was buying a car. Its fun as hell

Yup. After posting, it occurred to me that if you can afford the car, you don't care. :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Be funny if he was on the way to make his first insurance payment.
Most insurance companies cover you for 30 days grace after you buy a new car, but I'm pretty sure they'd fight him on this one.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On the topic of track days...

I got to drive a Ferrari 458 and Porsche 911S around a track down at Disney World a few years ago. It was expensive at like $600 for 10 laps in each car but OMG so worth it.

If you ever get the opportunity to do something like that, jump on it. It's amazing to really be able to let loose and see what the car can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wacarry wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Turbo!? Blasphemy.
I like old, slow and underpowered. Like myself.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Wacarry wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Turbo!? Blasphemy.

It's my company car, I was shocked it actually had a turbo.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:49 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wacarry wrote:
PMB wrote:
Wacarry wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Turbo!? Blasphemy.

It's my company car, I was shocked it actually had a turbo.

Jeebus it had to have a turbo just so itd accelerate faster than a 68 beetle..

1.8 ltr in that is way underpowered....thats only a hundred CC more than a Harley Fat Boy.

In a crossover SUV.? :ROFLMAO:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After buying my R1 I quickly realized I needed to focus on software upgrades over hardware.

It's a liter class sport bike that makes 178 HP and weighs less than 400 lbs.

Somehow replacing the titanium exhaust with carbon fiber didn't matter much to me after the first ride.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next