Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 155  Next
 The WTF Thread? What makes you go: Wait, WHAT?! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
For those that think evolution means progress ...

Well, in a perfect evolutionary world the deviant behavior would be culled from the herd.

Eating shit from a diaper to most everyone I know isn't a step forward....or a new positive trait.

He's just extracting nutrients no one else wants. It's called a niche. Corpraphagia confers competitive advantage to several species. It's only deviant until more follow suit then it becomes the norm.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just cannot get my mind around this: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/18/man-tied- ... d-6862457/

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
For those that think evolution means progress ...

Warning labels kind of stopped those who shouldn't breed from dying off at an early age.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

just wow.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24177/mis ... =position6

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Jim.... :pray: <--- That is begging Jim... :pray: please stop hurting me... I am not built for this

Another thread that I need to boycott to maintain the shred of sanity that I still have.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know... the really big draw to the articles, for me, is to look in the eyes of the perpetrators and see who the frack could do such stuff. Is there something there that gives a clue?

I went to high school with a serial killer. In retrospect, yes there were clues; but they were (my rationalization) easily missed. You knew, despite his charm and intellect, that he was a rat fink of some kind, just not to the extent that was ultimately exposed.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm

I concluded several decades ago ... that there are people out there that are soooo efffed up, they do things that you could never even dream of. The worst behavior you can image.... someone will exceed that by a factor of 10...

Sad really... the state of humanity is really going downhill.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I concluded several decades ago ... that there are people out there that are soooo efffed up, they do things that you could never even dream of. The worst behavior you can image.... someone will exceed that by a factor of 10...

Sad really... the state of humanity is really going downhill.

I agree about the first part - the difference between people who try to lead good lives and those who don't is so immense that we can't understand the other.

But as far as the state of humanity declining- I have an opinion / theory that humans have ALWAYS been divided into those groups... More of a spectrum really.
Maybe modern day expectations are higher, and education and social mores have lifted more out of the barbaric group?

That latest story that Jim posted- honestly, I cannot remotely understand how a parent could do that to a stranger's baby, let alone their own child. Inconceivable.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Maybe I was a little to harsh with my statement... but it does seem like the bell curve is definitely skewing toward the low end nowadays...
Wonder how things compare now vs our parents generation.... granted there was the instant and constant streaming of information, but I don't remember hearing or reading about such deviancy... maybe it happened and no one knew?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
https://streamable.com/evuhm

Not clicking that

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/19/ac ... troom.html

FJB

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just when you thought she was a big girl her twin sister comes in and you become a oreo cookie

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone is trying to get off on an insanity plea.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
Just when you thought she was a big girl her twin sister comes in and you become a oreo cookie

:facepalm2:

Ops wrote:
Just when you thought she was a big girl

Wait.....What!?

icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Someone is trying to get off on an insanity plea.

Or avoid placement in general population where life can be hard....

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 2311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 155  Next