Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 MPLS police in spotlight AGAIN after questionable shooting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
We don't know shit about this incident. Don't be like the media . . . don't rush to judgment without knowing a damned thing about what happened.

Media has reported based on sources they have... Leaks happen during investigations.... And if it's bad as it sounds, I'm sure the good cops will find ways to let everyone know how bad this guy fucked up.

How do you get 3 complaints and a federal complaint in 2 years and stay on the job?

People get fired for having 2 extra dollars in their register at the end of the day.....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
For every one of these incidents there are 1000's of good deeds done by PD's all over the Nation that happen with zero news coverage. This is sad and extremely tragic no doubt. But when all we hear is how bad the police are on a daily basis, it paints an unfair picture of those who are doing fantastic jobs on the daily.

Shouldn't you be asking why there are so many incidents?

Thank you for proving my point. When all you do is live, sleep, and breathe in a world with negative views about the Police like you do, that is the only thing you see. Regardless of how many good deeds outweigh the bad on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis people like you will always focus on the negatives..

I never said it was right or Ok, frankly if the story plays out as it seems the officer will probably face charges and rightfully so.

If you can do a better job, then sign up. Barking from your recliner with one hand in a bag of Cheetos and the other on a keyboard is always an easier thing to do.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
For every one of these incidents there are 1000's of good deeds done by PD's all over the Nation that happen with zero news coverage. This is sad and extremely tragic no doubt. But when all we hear is how bad the police are on a daily basis, it paints an unfair picture of those who are doing fantastic jobs on the daily.

That's a finger you don't want to start pointing.

To paraphrase... And clarify...

So we should ignore suicide bombers because most Muslims are peaceful?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Thank you for proving my point. When all you do is live, sleep, and breathe in a world with negative views about the Police like you do, that is the only thing you see. Regardless of how many good deeds outweigh the bad on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis people like you will always focus on the negatives..

I never said it was right or Ok, frankly if the story plays out as it seems the officer will probably face charges and rightfully so.

If you can do a better job, then sign up. Barking from your recliner with one hand in a bag of Cheetos and the other on a keyboard is always an easier thing to do.

See my post above. You can't ignore the bad because 99.5% are good.

I don't have a negative view on LE... And cheetos are amazing... :p

Just weird that a forum focused on liberty seems to have an attitude of 'that sucks, stop complaining about it'.... When it comes to abuse by public officials.. (cops, judges, politicians, crossing guards,whathaveyou...)

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:51 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

That's a finger you don't want to start pointing.

To paraphrase... And clarify...

So we should ignore suicide bombers because most Muslims are peaceful?

That was the opposite of clarity.

We should examine the source of the criticism to see if that source is biased. I don't get my news from abcnnmsnbc because they're biased. Why wouldn't anyone take a thread on police violence posted by YOU with the same grain of salt.

You're biased. It's not a big secret. But I don't think you can step back and consider how your bias may be skewing your presentation of the situation.

Police violence is often unjustified, but an article posted by you will always be met with instant criticism because... well... you.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Listen, I'm not going into personal attack territory and I have a back breaking day of work ahead of me tomorrow. So let's just short n sweet this thing, huh?

It's you against the world in these threads because of your history. That's it. The broken record effect works against you.

Kumbaya. Goodnight.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Listen, I'm not going into personal attack territory and I have a back breaking day of work ahead of me tomorrow. So let's just short n sweet this thing, huh?

It's you against the world in these threads because of your history. That's it. The broken record effect works against you.

Kumbaya. Goodnight.

Having a kid has made you a softy.

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:

We should examine the source of the criticism to see if that source is biased. I don't get my news from abcnnmsnbc because they're biased. Why wouldn't anyone take a thread on police violence posted by YOU with the same grain of salt.

You're biased. It's not a big secret. But I don't think you can step back and consider how your bias may be skewing your presentation of the situation.

Police violence is often unjustified, but an article posted by you will always be met with instant criticism because... well... you.

1. I'm not biased. Or at least no more so than any other person coming across a news article saying a woman in her pajamas that called police was shot and killed.

2. So... If I said something wrong, correct it. I post sources and links to my statements and assertions.

3.You're attacking me, not my argument. That does no one any good. I state my position, and you're free to disagree with it, but I expect logic and discourse, not 'your point is invalid because;technoweenie'..

I agree with Steve that we need more info, but the cameras (3 of them) weren't running, which I think is a coverup, but is a HUGE policy violation at the very least, and the agency itself isn't saying shit.

So, as stated.... What we have so far is what was posted....leaks to the media... With lots of unanswered questions and ZERO reasonable explanation of how this could have happened.

Shit, at least give an alternate suggestion as to how you think this might be justified...

Instead I'm being told I'm anti-cop because I want transparency in gov't and people's rights to be observed... And will comment on those situations...

Am I anti judge for calling out judges that sign bad warrants or anti prosecutor for calling out a prosecutor for charging someone with a BS crime?

Just silly that you acknowledge there are problems but ignore the argument surrounding those problems because I'm the one thag started the discussion.

Data is data. Just because I'm a dick doesn't mean I'm wrong. :p :cheers2:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
I never said it was right or Ok, frankly if the story plays out as it seems the officer will probably face charges and rightfully so

So.. Why the attitude/accusations?

You said, again paraphrasing, 'it looks bad, and if it happened the way it looks, he fucked up'...

So, if it looks fucked up to you, how are you gonna complain that I'm being too critical of situations ie armchair quarterback, when you made the same assessment I did?

You're Joe Blow as much as I am... We both looked at a situation and said' That doesn't look good'... But I'm biased because I shared it because I think it's another display (symptom) of an out of control gov't?

Can we focus on the discussion please? Argue facts, hell, opinions even, but don't outright dismiss the argument because you don't like the message...or the messenger...in this case...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Argue facts...

The problem is that we have so few facts that we can't even have an intelligent discussion about it.

Right now all you have is outrage based on one side of the story . . . which is meaningless.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1. The tongue is the fastest healing part of the body.
2. A honey bee can fly at 15mph.
3. Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.
4. Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again.
5. The first penny had the motto "Mind your own business."

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy shit. Wow. That is just nasty............waiting for some level of truth.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:

1. The tongue is the fastest healing part of the body.
2. A honey bee can fly at 15mph.
3. Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.
4. College students, Portland/Seattle hipsters and oysters can change from one gender to another and back again.
5. The first penny had the motto "Mind your own business."

FIFY

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Argue facts...

The problem is that we have so few facts that we can't even have an intelligent discussion about it.

Right now all you have it outrage based on one side of the story . . . which is meaningless.

Exactly. :plusone:

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still no details of the encounter but the ME has ruled it a homicide:

"Damond's shooting death has been ruled a homicide by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/minnesota-police-officer-who-shot-killed-australian-woman-offers-condolences.html

Officer has offered his condolences.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next