Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 LAPD shoot/kill teen, aiming for dog... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem here is that too many take this subject on an "is or ain't", black and white basis. If someone is not absolutely without thought or consideration FOR you, no matter what, then they are against you.

That is just as bad as the snowflakes in antifa and SJW.

Climb down from the ramparts and give some thought and consideration to the situation.

Techno is by no means, rabid anti-cop. He is closer to pro-cop than anything. He could probably figure out a better approach to the subject, (Like for one, not getting side tracked by the details of a case.). But as far as I can tell, what he is really driving at is more accountability from the cops. That's not anti-cops. Unless to NOT be anti-cops you have to view them as gods who are allowed to do anything they want, no matter what.

I am somewhere between him, and the rabid pro-cop.

I HAVE been in the trenches. I KNOW how it is to have to make a split second decision. I know what it's like to be shot at. And to shoot back. But paying attention, and using my own God-given common sense, tells me that there needs to be more accountability by police... when it comes to both, this kind of shooting accident, and policing the corruption within their own ranks.

I don't just like cops. I love cops. I am glad they are here. And I would give my life to aid a cop in trouble. That doesn't mean I automatically turn off my reason, powers of observation and deduction, or rational thinking, when it comes to cops.

Turning a blind eye when your fellow cops do the wrong thing, is not 'supporting cops'. It is supporting people doing the wrong thing.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
The problem here is that too many take this subject on an "is or ain't", black and white basis. If someone is not absolutely without thought or consideration FOR you, no matter what, then they are against you.

Climb down from the ramparts and give some thought and consideration to the situation.

Techno is by no means, rabid anti-cop. He is closer to pro-cop than anything. He could probably figure out a better approach to the subject, (Like for one, not getting side tracked by the details of a case.). But as far as I can tell, what he is really driving at is more accountability from the cops. That's not anti-cops. Unless to NOT be anti-cops you have to view them as gods who are allowed to do anything they want, no matter what.

:yes: :plusone:

I'm appalled at the cheap shots being taken at TW here. He clearly wants what we all should want - accountability from people who work for us and collect their salaries from our tax dollars. Especially those who have the authority and means to use lethal force - they should be held to the absolute highest standards. Questioning them is our civic duty. If you're not willing to hold them accountable, then you should at least be thankful for people like TW who are, not taking personal jabs at them. Good grief.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Selador wrote:

:yes: :plusone:

I'm appalled at the cheap shots being taken at TW here.

Im not taking cheap shots at all. My comments were purely based off the numerous posts over the years, not just this thread specifically.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll also support cops, and I'll call them out for their wrongdoing bullshit when they cross the line into criminality.

Recently a bad cop shot and killed a fairly innocent man in the back. Traffic stop, perp got out and ran, and the cop caught him, there was a struggle, the perp got away and was running and shot multiple times in the back. BAD SHOOT. Slager and Scott. http://ktla.com/2017/05/02/south-caroli ... ral-court/

If cops are dirty, like taking bribes, breaking laws, or violence, I want them gone and prosecuted. They are the thin blue line that separates us from violence and crime.

But TW has a pattern of totally unreasonable cop bashing threads with no logic involved and it gets tiresome. The last 4 cases he's posted on have demonstrated that point, and I'm not gonna let is slide. I'll call him out on it every damn time.

Again, show some reason and understanding for the immensely hard and stressful and underpaid job. Simply stating "if it's hard don't do it" is inadequate. There's not a cop alive who wants to be a victim of a perp. They do a noble job and we ought to thank them, and hold them accountable when necessary. A bad luck ricochet or shooting a perp reaching for his gun is not such a case.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I'll also support cops, and I'll call them out for their wrongdoing bullshit when they cross the line into criminality.

Recently a bad cop shot and killed a fairly innocent man in the back. Traffic stop, perp got out and ran, and the cop caught him, there was a struggle, the perp got away and was running and shot multiple times in the back. BAD SHOOT. Slager and Scott. http://ktla.com/2017/05/02/south-caroli ... ral-court/

If cops are dirty, like taking bribes, breaking laws, or violence, I want them gone and prosecuted. They are the thin blue line that separates us from violence and crime.

But TW has a pattern of totally unreasonable cop bashing threads with no logic involved and it gets tiresome. The last 4 cases he's posted on have demonstrated that point, and I'm not gonna let is slide. I'll call him out on it every damn time.

Again, show some reason and understanding for the immensely hard and stressful and underpaid job. Simply stating "if it's hard don't do it" is inadequate. There's not a cop alive who wants to be a victim of a perp. They do a noble job and we ought to thank them, and hold them accountable when necessary. A bad luck ricochet or shooting a perp reaching for his gun is not such a case.

I think the real goal I'd like to see reached is not to go overboard either direction.

It IS possible to be completely supportive of good cops, and at the same time, want accountability for bad cops.

I am going to take your post as a reminder not to allow myself to slip too far in either direction...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thread derailed, personal attacks thrown, bad times. Locked.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3