Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Russia says will shoot down any US aircraft over Syria. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Against Geneva Convention to assassinate a nation's leader. Try, convict and death penalty or bombing a residence that you're unaware he's in ok , but purposely and actively kill is a big no-no.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Against Geneva Convention to assassinate a nation's leader. Try, convict and death penalty or bombing a residence that you're unaware he's in ok , but purposely and actively kill is a big no-no.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:

So you can kill civilians and soldiers, but not the person responsible? Chop off the head, and the snake dies.

It shouldn't be a big no-no, it should be the best and first plan. These jackass's keep doing what they do because they don't fear retribution. Nobody has ever punished them for their crimes.

The average North Korean isn't a threat, only the leader. The average Syrian isn't a threat, only the leader.

Stop attacking with nuclear weapons, and use small strike units. You don't kill a spider by burning down your house.

On the other hand, you get rid of one bad guy, and another steps in to take his place. We should just leave.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
jackass wrote:
Not good.

Ought to stay out of the Middle East and bring our troops home.

And stop buying their oil

In reality, the US is close to energy independence and buy very little oil from "The Arabs". The problem is that the rest of the Westerrn World, most of whom are our allies, are almost totally dependent on their oil. Creates a bit of a conundrum. We tell the "Arabs" to F*** Off and they get back at us by cutting off countries like Japan, Great Britain, Germany, France, etc.

As for Russia's warning, maybe it's time to round up a bunch of old Soviet or even modern Russian Man Portable ground to air missiles. Disguise some special forces operators as "jihadists" or even Syrians and shoot down a few Russian planes. Leave lots of evidence in the area that points fingers at those Russia is siding with. Be sure to hit the news outlets with pictures of the Soviet/Russian expended launch tubes, etc.

The US needs to play to the world stage like the other side has been doing so well over the last few decades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Given our past successes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, I think I would pass in throwing good people's lives and diminishing fortunes away for nothing.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 pm

STED9R wrote:

Can you cite this? The Chapter and Article. So many say that the GC prohibits assassination, and some will even say the 4th Geneva Convention, but I couldn't find it here, https://www.icrc.org/eng/assets/files/p ... 2-0173.pdf Can you point me to where it actually says this?

There was a Presidential order against political assassinations though. I believe issued by Ford.

The one place that did have a quote was part of the Lieber Code that was during the American Civil War.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

US never ratified protocols I and 2 of the Geneva Convention.
Protocol I (1977) relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts
Protocol II (1977) relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
STED9R wrote:

Can you cite this? The Chapter and Article. So many say that the GC prohibits assassination, and some will even say the 4th Geneva Convention, but I couldn't find it here, https://www.icrc.org/eng/assets/files/p ... 2-0173.pdf Can you point me to where it actually says this?

There was a Presidential order against political assassinations though. I believe issued by Ford.

The one place that did have a quote was part of the Lieber Code that was during the American Civil War.

Executive order 12333 still in effect and has not been rescinded.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/20 ... n-jet.html

Armed Russian jet comes within 5 feet of US recon jet...........over the Baltic Sea.

Well that didn't take long....lost of muscle being flexed here.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:46 am

STED9R wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
STED9R wrote:

Executive order 12333 still in effect and has not been rescinded.

But that has nothing to do with the Geneva Conventions that you claim prohibit assassinations. You're not the only one making that claim, several low end journalists have said the same thing but none have ever actually cited a chapter and article.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
STED9R wrote:

I'm sure it's prevented assassinations but what about "tragic accidents" or sudden death due to "Medical" causes?

Actually, I think it's a good Executive Order and should remain in effect. Could you imagine how much turmoil it would cause if the US just started sending out "hit squads" to "whack" people they don't get along with like Putin, the Pres of Mexico, etc, etc.

We'd have transport our leaders in a lot more heavily armed/armored convoys than we do today and forget about public appearances.

At least this way those who protect our leaders just need to worry about the "jihadists" and our "home grown whack jobs".

We just have to hope that Putin doesn't get sick and die from a "bad clam" or such. Guarantee we'll get blamed for it even if he dug the frigging clam up himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
STED9R wrote:

So you can kill civilians and soldiers, but not the person responsible? Chop off the head, and the snake dies.

It shouldn't be a big no-no, it should be the best and first plan. These jackass's keep doing what they do because they don't fear retribution. Nobody has ever punished them for their crimes.

The average North Korean isn't a threat, only the leader. The average Syrian isn't a threat, only the leader.

Stop attacking with nuclear weapons, and use small strike units. You don't kill a spider by burning down your house.

On the other hand, you get rid of one bad guy, and another steps in to take his place. We should just leave.

Never underestimate an enemy, that was the mistake the USA made by ignoring Japan in the lead up to WW2.
When Bushido first entered the world’s consciousness in 1900, with the release of a book by Nitobe Inazo’s called “Bushido: The Soul of Japan,” it was viewed as an admirable code of chivalry. By 1940, “Bushido” had become a byword for Japan’s suicidal tendencies and military cruelty, beginning at the toddler age. When you brainwash millions by the decades, even those countrymen/women imprisoned believe the Great Leader and will fight to the death for their obtuse country.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
STED9R wrote:

I'm sure it's prevented assassinations but what about "tragic accidents" or sudden death due to "Medical" causes?

Actually, I think it's a good Executive Order and should remain in effect. Could you imagine how much turmoil it would cause if the US just started sending out "hit squads" to "whack" people they don't get along with like Putin, the Pres of Mexico, etc, etc.

We'd have transport our leaders in a lot more heavily armed/armored convoys than we do today and forget about public appearances.

At least this way those who protect our leaders just need to worry about the "jihadists" and our "home grown whack jobs".

We just have to hope that Putin doesn't get sick and die from a "bad clam" or such. Guarantee we'll get blamed for it even if he dug the frigging clam up himself.

I agree it's a good rule. Just like how there is diplomatic immunity. It's not abused nearly as much as TV and movies would have you think. If a diplomat is kicked out, some countries will treat that worse than whatever crime he committed because it's such an embarassment. But the idea is to keep countries from killing off every diplomat or worker by claiming the person was a spy.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2