Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Alone Season 4 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well season 4 has kicked off. They are back to Vancouver, but the twist this year is there are two person teams made up of family members. Let the games begin!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I watched the into episode, lots of cool people this time around. I wonder if they always had to do the skills courses and training, or if that is something new?

I also noticed that they specifically said this year everyone's location will have access to the same type of resources in each spot and facing the same direction.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
I watched the into episode, lots of cool people this time around. I wonder if they always had to do the skills courses and training, or if that is something new?

I also noticed that they specifically said this year everyone's location will have access to the same type of resources in each spot and facing the same direction.

The "tryouts" are from season 3/4. I think the first two seasons they just trusted the audition videos. They probably got tired of spending money on people that dropped out in 24 hours.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They also gave them a 2 week crash course on the area. Wonder if that's new, or just stuff thy are now showing.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
They also gave them a 2 week crash course on the area. Wonder if that's new, or just stuff thy are now showing.

New

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Day one, and one team has tapped out. Young kid that choose to hike in to meet up with his older brother twisted his ankle.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Season 1 56 days
Season 2 66 days
Season 3 87 days
Season 4: 7, two person teams. Day one a team taps out for medical, day three another booboo and a team gone. 5 left.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

If at least 4 of the teams don't make it to each other this season is not going to be great. 4/14 people already tapped out. That's just under 29% gone. Poof.

I think the producers were banking on a longer season due to the emotional support that having a partner can provide the participants. What they may have overlooked is that it doubles the chance for injury. Doubles the chance for sickness. Doubles the chance for an emotional breakdown on behalf of one of the partners that takes both members of the team out. Sure, they can emotionally support each other but there's 2 mouths to feed and 2 brains/bodies to keep healthy.

I don't think this season is going to be very good.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the idea of the teams but the whole 10 mile hiking thing is really stupid. Most of these people are from areas in the country where they have never had to hike in an environment like that, let alone hike that far at all..

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Day 5 another team gone for medical. Four left.
Day seven, and 4 teams left. The first team meets up.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:35 pm

I like the way this season is set up and the 10 mile hike eliminates the idiots early but by only having seven teams the show will lack content and now that there are only four teams left the content will be really hurting. I think that the show had to go to this because of some of the injuries of past partisipants but the medicals are even sillier now. I have been in the woods and fallen and the first thing I do is get some willow bark and chew on it to keep the pain and swelling down. What did these fools do for training?

Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:42 pm

This is the worst season. Only 15 days in and there is only 3 teams left. They act like they had no idea that it rains in the northwest. I hope the couple wins.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

George wrote:
This is the worst season. Only 15 days in and there is only 3 teams left. They act like they had no idea that it rains in the northwest. I hope the couple wins.

The team that dropped out day 14 was because one of the brothers missed his family. Only 14 friggen days. Anybody that has served in the military, or a lot of other jobs are away from family for a lot more than 14 days without whining.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm almost through season one.
Guy on a rocky saltwater beach is thinking about quitting because there is nothing to eat???
Limpits, crab, barnacles, fish, clams, cockles, mussels, kelp...........
Bet some restaurant charges $50 for a plate of that.

Now he's on land hunting a mouse.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm starting to think it's going to be a slog between the couple and the Canadian brothers (who has dinner walk into their friggin' campsite?!). :ROFLMAO:

When the season started, I assumed that having 2 people would make these teams stronger. It has actually made them weaker. Interesting phenomenon.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next