Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 UPDATE: SCOTUS votes 7-2 to allow full travel restrictions 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This part of the ruling was particularly jaw-dropping:
Quote:
"There is no finding that present vetting standards are inadequate, and no finding that absent the improved vetting procedures there likely will be harm to our national interests," the judges wrote. "These identified reasons do not support the conclusion that the entry of nationals from the six designated countries would be harmful to our national interests."

Since when did these 3 judges become national security experts? The statute grants PLENARY power to POTUS on this because:
-POTUS has access to more intelligence and relevant info than the courts on this
-foreign nationals not inside the US do not have Constitutional rights.

Total insanity.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crap like this makes my blood boil.

Trump ought to go full steam ahead with the EO - court opinions be damned. What are the judges going to do - have him arrested? For what crime?

I don't see anything standing in his way except his voluntary compliance with the unlawful decisions.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Shows how important judicial appointments by the POTUS are.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Crap like this makes my blood boil.

Trump ought to go full steam ahead with the EO - court opinions be damned. What are the judges going to do - have him arrested? For what crime?

I don't see anything standing in his way except his voluntary compliance with the unlawful decisions.
It would be interesting to see them try to prosecute him for something that is his right to do as POTUS. :popcorn:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
We are being forced to allow terrorists and sponsors of terrorism into our country. (remember, anyone affiliated with the governors of those nations either is a terrorist or a sponsor of it, that's what "state sponsor of terrorism" means!)

No, they vet every visa application.

Now of course, Saudi Arabia is not included because $$$$$$.

Where were the 9/11 attackers from again?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:
We are being forced to allow terrorists and sponsors of terrorism into our country. (remember, anyone affiliated with the governors of those nations either is a terrorist or a sponsor of it, that's what "state sponsor of terrorism" means!)

They don't meaningfully vet applications for refugees from many countries that either don't have infra necessary, or their governments won't cooperate with us. Instead for those especially dangerous countries they use a holding pattern where they let them in after X amount of time.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Many sneak in across the Mexican border.
Nobody knows who they are or even what country they ever came from, let alone vet them.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:

They don't meaningfully vet applications for refugees from many countries that either don't have infra necessary, or their governments won't cooperate with us. Instead for those especially dangerous countries they use a holding pattern where they let them in after X amount of time.

And the country that gave us the 9/11 attackers?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:

And the country that gave us the 9/11 attackers?

IIRC, most if not all of them had either overstayed their visas or were violating the location/activity restriction terms on them. Better visa tracking would have solved THAT.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Supreme Court gives Trump victory on the travel ban.

They gave him a unanimous voice vote and upheld the entire ban, save for a single option that an individual can still apply if they can prove a family connection.

They say they will listen to the entire case in the next court this fall.

Since it was a 90 day ban, temporary, so new procedures to protect Americans could be established, the new procedures should be in place by then, so it is probable the SC will NEVER actually hear the case.

What does this tell us?

The absolute CLOWNSHOW OF LEFTIST, ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL SEATTLE AND HAWAII DISTRICT COURT JUDGES IS ON FULL DISPLAY.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is another CLOWNSHOW. Do you realize they are overturned about 80% of their decisions?

If a doctor or for that matter a plumber failed 80% of the time, they would be in jail.

I am sick of this absolute folly of Leftist, anti-constitutional judges just making up law out of thin air.

Historical fact: the French came up with an answer in the 1700's for the problem of corruption in government.

That answer was called a guillotine.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Surprising how we haven't heard a peep from Ferguson and Inslee since the Supreme slap down. Turns out the emperors have no clothes nor any real legal acumen.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tenxambition wrote:
Surprising how we haven't heard a peep from Ferguson and Inslee since the Supreme slap down. Turns out the emperors have no clothes nor any real legal acumen.

The initial ban was illegal -- banning people with existing valid visas and green cards.
But when the Trump administration fixed that after the first court ruling, Ferguson et al should have let it go.

It may ignore terrorist original countries like Saudi Arabia (remember that 9/11 thing?) but wrong, and ill considered, doesn't mean illegal.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And SCOTUS slapped the 9th circuit down AGAIN.

How many black-eyes is that for the most-overturned circuit now?

http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/09/trave ... dmissions/

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
And SCOTUS slapped the 9th circuit down AGAIN.

How many black-eyes is that for the most-overturned circuit now?

http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/09/trave ... dmissions/

And guess which one got more publicity???

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And SCOTUS decided that the 1950s statute really DOES exist and that the President really DOES have plenary power over immigration security policy.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... ravel-ban/

7-2.

Breyer and Kagan sided with sanity and law for once.

As usual, Ginsberg went off the deep end. Hopefully she retires to New Zealand soon. Sotomayor also sided with terrorists over the law.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next