Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry could not be made today 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with Harry, but not all can be grouped into this stereotype today.

I raised two law-abiding, Trump voting, 2nd amendment supporting teens who are 18 and 21 respectively.
They're no pussies!

Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

os2firefox wrote:
PMB wrote:
So my question is simple - what are the opinions of what is TOO PC and what is just common civility and examples of being well-mannered?

Here is an example of an incident that was the result of being too PC: the Rotterdam child sex exploration scandal. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherh ... on_scandal

In this scandal, partially attributed to institutionalized political correctness, up to 1,400 children were sexually abused.

From the wikipedia article listed:
Quote:
The failure to address the abuse was attributed to a combination of factors revolving around race, class and gender—contemptuous and sexist attitudes toward the mostly working-class victims; fear that the perpetrators' ethnicity would trigger allegations of racism and damage community relations; the Labour council's reluctance to challenge a Labour-voting ethnic minority; lack of a child-centred focus; a desire to protect the town's reputation; and lack of training and resources.

I am about 1/4 way through that meaty article.
Good information... may I throw in a "But! Behold the Underlying Truth!" That is not PC to me... It seems to be a fearful reaction, afraid of people's reaction to truth and exposure.
That has nothing to do with PC to me, so most probably I understand these words and their meanings in a very different way than they are used by much of society.
Please be patient with me brethren and sistren as I learn.

I will ask the question more as it pertains to us here at WaGuns... So Alpine, maybe I am turning it more inward now. :cheers2: I am asking as it pertains to us here in this forum.
I made a big error a month or two ago and hit my Vesuvial Spot... in regards to something that rubbed me the wrong way for reasons that were explained in my apologetic PMs the following day. I exploded out some not-PC things myself in my eruption... and was called on those by someone here who has recently been called a Redneck God. :cheers2: I learned something from that- I hadn't even realized that my phrase was offensive in a PC way until this kind gentleman pointed it out to me.

When we moderate this forum, we are trying to do so in a way that keeps it healthy. We may make errors... (hah... we most certainly DO make errors. Every single day.) But we TRY to do the right thing by the 2A community. Sometimes the actions that we take are unpopular, sometimes they are popular. We honestly try to not let the popularity of an action be the determinant of whether it gets done. We try to do what is RIGHT AND CORRECT for the whole community and WaGuns.
You might be surprised by how many times those efforts to do what is right and correct have elicited responses of the most unholy nature... Some of the PMs that I have had the distinct displeasure of reading would curl the hair of a thinner skinned man.

So... When do our efforts to moderate some of the rougher posts here cross the line into PC SJW territory?
If your opinion is that we should just leave every single post stand no matter how far out there it is- we will have to agree to disagree.
I am looking for spots we can agree on. :cheers2:

Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Damn, just noticed that I tipped back three beer smilies in that post. Sorry for the overuse of that.
I like the symbology of it too much I guess. :tiphat:

And if the :tiphat: smiley still isn't working, please add that to the list of things to improve about WaGuns! haha

Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
please add that to the list of things to improve about WaGuns! haha

You funny guy...
WaGun admin listens to us? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
:wink05:

Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
“We’re really in a pussy generation."

thumbsup

That statement, taken alone, could describe every generation of young men from puberty to ~40. At least when analyzing what's on their minds. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
cmica wrote:

thumbsup

That statement, taken alone, could describe every generation of young men from puberty to ~40. At least when analyzing what's on their minds. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

That even applied to Bruce Jenner.

Mon May 22, 2017 4:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
cmica wrote:

thumbsup

That even applied to Bruce Jenner.

Yeah, the deep voiced hairy neanderthal male is becoming a thing of the past....now its femmy voiced metro male as the norm.

BTW, Has Bruce had his junk ripped off yet?

Thinking that sneaky freak is playing both sides of the fence.

Do we need a list of movies that are no longer PC? Thinking it'd be a good must watch list for the real male.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Do we need a list of movies that are no longer PC? Thinking it'd be a good must watch list for the real male.

:yes:

Make it a sticky!
We all can keep adding to it.

Not a movie but Archie Bunker comes to mind.

Soul Man 1986
White Chicks 2004
Freebie and the Bean 1974
Weird Science 1985
Airplane 1980
Most of the early James Bond movies
Blazing Saddles 1974
Song of the South 1946

Mon May 22, 2017 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
From the wikipedia article listed:
Quote:
The failure to address the abuse was attributed to a combination of factors revolving around race, class and gender—contemptuous and sexist attitudes toward the mostly working-class victims; fear that the perpetrators' ethnicity would trigger allegations of racism and damage community relations; the Labour council's reluctance to challenge a Labour-voting ethnic minority; lack of a child-centred focus; a desire to protect the town's reputation; and lack of training and resources.

I am about 1/4 way through that meaty article.
Good information... may I throw in a "But! Behold the Underlying Truth!" That is not PC to me... It seems to be a fearful reaction, afraid of people's reaction to truth and exposure.
That has nothing to do with PC to me, so most probably I understand these words and their meanings in a very different way than they are used by much of society.
Please be patient with me brethren and sistren as I learn.

Note that the Wikipedia article has been scrubbed a bit to make it sound nicer. However, when news broke about this incident, it was agreed that the "fear that the perpetrators' ethnicity would trigger allegations of racism and damage community relations" theme was at the root of the systemic failure. This fits nicely within the definition of political correctness as seen below:

Definition of political correctness, source Google wrote:
The avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Here is a sample article from a couple of years ago: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sout ... e-28934963. Note that facts are intentionally obscured and distorted to make the article more politically correct. For example, instead of saying Pakistani Muslims, the perpetrators are called Asians which gives a wholly different impression of who may have committed the crimes.

However, it should also be considered that the United Kingdom does not have a first amendment that protects speech. That means that if you state facts, even if they are true, you could be facing jail time if they are found to be inflammatory.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2